U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-21-2008, 02:16 PM

401 posts, read 724,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Just take the time to read the whole post. He said he was moving to Colo. this Monday in a very recent post.
And the obvious question is: why don't BlueSimple and Sportsfangal go out sometime? Both single: check. Both looking: check. Both going to be in Denver in the near future: Yep.

And the Internet begins to serve a purpose, other than wasting our employer's time and money...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 PM

165 posts, read 279,820 times
Phew yeah these suckers are coming on fast...! As soon as I get a cogent thought put together and typed down it has lost it's relevance. I like a challenge.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
And the obvious question is: why don't BlueSimple and Sportsfangal go out sometime? Both single: check. Both looking: check. Both going to be in Denver in the near future: Yep.

And the Internet begins to serve a purpose, other than wasting our employer's time and money...
I can see how you would maybe come to that conclusion but it's not really that simple. It never is I don't think. We have had a little back and forth and I chime in on issues when I feel qualified to, just like everyone. Without wanting to disrespect her, yeah, sportsfan seems on the surface to fit my interpretation of what a cool chick is(maybe that's a bad phrase, I am at a loss for a better one right now). If relationships were simply a matter of checking off boxes, then that would work for all people in all situations.

That being said, I live my life open to meeting anyone and everyone. I enjoy seeing and learning from any person, on here or otherwise. There are people on here, male and female, that I would be open to meeting based on their posts and their perspectives, specifically on this thread, sportsfan, wanttomove, turco and venusian all fit in that category, it is what it is. Whether that will happen or not is not something I can answer.

Also, I suppose it would have helped for me to be more specific, I am moving to Manitou Springs from the Chciago area, not Denver, though I will be there sporadically as I have family there.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 PM

3,656 posts, read 4,522,274 times
V- when I mentioned that I didn't have problems meeting men, it was written that I thought I was "hot", but I never said that. I am confident that I am attractive because men do approach me. not a huge line of men waiting for me, of course.
Sports is just something I enjoy watching and attending. Not obsessed, just enjoy it, It doesn't define me as a person.
I must be "attracting" the wrong types then I guess. I must be a "little" hot for guys to want to approach me, I'm just meeting the ones that are happily married or happily single.
Didn't meant to offend you about the "outdated" comment. I just don't have the same views as a woman that you describe.
I'm not "seeking" a man for security, biological clocks or anything like that. I just meant a partnership type of relationship would be great if it were to happen, if not go on with life. My needs don't center around a committed relationship, but if I'm dating someone Iwould hope that we are committed to each other, if not then we are just dating occassionally.
I don't have any info about "getting screwed in the wallet".
You'd be attracted to me, don't worry.
What I meant by "cerebral" was just the part about BS worrying about who or how to be, does he have to be strong, not too strong, manly, not too manly, etc. those types of things.
Not living my life through this forum, just responding to comments, its fun.
and I brought up my friends "marriage" only to show that I am not desparately looking to get married just for the sake of being married.

btw- I can't figure out how to separate the post so I just listed my responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
Minus the sports stuff, you actually sound like my type. Other than MMA, I'm not into sports--it's watching other people do stuff. As a martial artist, I get a pass on watching MMA.

Maybe you are all those things. It's just that every hot woman I've ever known complains about guys constantly wanting to get in her pants or marry her 'cause she's hot. I don't know of any who have trouble getting a guy past conversation. Just sayin'.

Not if you're hot, it's not. I hate to keep going to the same well. But while timing is important in everything, attraction is where it's at in relationships. If someone's not into you, timing will only change that, in that if they're going through a desperate time, they'll be more likely to cling to you. But that will pass when they become strong again, and then it's dump city, population you. In other words, they either like you or they don't.

How's that? I wrote a very detailed article about online dating for publication last year and it got rave reviews from readers. My experiences are current ones with current women. I wish I were wrong, and women were all rainbows, unicorns, and pr*n-style lesbian threeways. Everything I wrote about them would be superlative and glowing. Yes, I know that last thing is gross to you because you're female, not male. Appreciate the differences.

I don't think women are looking for that either. I think you girls are looking to get your needs met, just like us guys. Only your needs can only be met in a committed relationship. The unfortunate by-product, of which, is a man feeling like he's getting tied down. If we could marry you, do whatever we want and whoever we want, without having our resources siphoned off at divorce, there would be no problem.

I was talking to a happily married friend yesterday and discussing how when women get married, they're following their biological imperative for seeking out security. When a man gets married, he gives up his: to go have sex with young, beautiful women. Then if she decides to leave, he gets screwed in the wallet. How's that fair?

So go get that. I'd hang out with you and do stuff, but I'd want sex with you if I were attracted to you.

Going through life without thinking about stuff is like driving down a dark road with no headlights. It might be a moderately fun experience, if you live through it.

Except in this forum.

Never been married myself, not sure if I ever will be. But if it's anything like cohabitation, I would say there are very few things more reassuring than finding a "good partner in crime" to stabilize your existence.

And man invented divorce...

Old 10-21-2008, 02:38 PM

401 posts, read 724,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSimple View Post
I can see how you would maybe come to that conclusion but it's not really that simple. It never is I don't think.
Dude, just meet her. No harm there. You're over-thinking.

3,531 posts, read 6,158,353 times
As always, loved your post.

Actually, po*rn doesn't gross me out and I'm a woman. Po*rn is good for every open-minded, committed couple!!
Quote:
How's that? I wrote a very detailed article about online dating for publication last year and it got rave reviews from readers. My experiences are current ones with current women. I wish I were wrong, and women were all rainbows, unicorns, and pr*n-style lesbian threeways. Everything I wrote about them would be superlative and glowing. Yes, I know that last thing is gross to you because you're female, not male. Appreciate the differences.
Here's one thing to think about, statistics show it's the woman who gets stuck with the kids, so while the man is screwed by his wallet, he is set free of kids and all the joys they offer. (*tongue in cheek again, with some seriousness*).
Quote:
I was talking to a happily married friend yesterday and discussing how when women get married, they're following their biological imperative for seeking out security. When a man gets married, he gives up his: to go have sex with young, beautiful women. Then if she decides to leave, he gets screwed in the wallet. How's that fair?
Again, great book of quotes. My quote: If you aren't going to think, get the h*ll out of my way!
Quote:
Going through life without thinking about stuff is like driving down a dark road with no headlights. It might be a moderately fun experience, if you live through it.
All I've got to say is hahahahaha!!!!!!!
Quote:
Except in this forum.
I love my partner in crime!!!!!! And yes, life would just not be the same without him.
Quote:
Never been married myself, not sure if I ever will be. But if it's anything like cohabitation, I would say there are very few things more reassuring than finding a "good partner in crime" to stabilize your existence.
King Henry was it? Isn't that action what formed the Protestants? Or is it Presbyterians? One of those P factions of Christianity.
Quote:
And man invented divorce...

Also, "hot" is incredibly relative. People find Paris Hilton "hot".

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:39 PM

3,531 posts, read 6,158,353 times
It's a good feeling, believe me!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:

Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Dude, just meet her. No harm there. You're over-thinking.
I do overthink things. Often. I stated that I'd be open to meet just about anyone. But I feel I was just being honest and realistic, those things have nothing to do with harm or fear.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
King Henry was it? Isn't that action what formed the Protestants? Or is it Presbyterians? One of those P factions of Christianity.
Haha. It was around long before Henry VIII. But yes, his desire for divorce was what caused the major rift between England and catholicism, resulting in the Anglican church, of which the King of England was deemed the head, rather than the pope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver