Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarand View Post
Liberal code for what? You can't afford to buy a house yet but you figure you should be able to trade our for now cheap gas and hours of your life for such a "right?"

You shun Aurora which encompasses a huge and diverse area with such ease too.

I'd say visit Strassburg, you will find a small town that is not all that warm to outsiders -- just warning.
Well, tehnically, the OP can choose to do whatever he/she wants with his/her money, even if he/she does decide to live out in the sprawl. The choices regarding money spent on gas and hours spent in the car are those for the OP to make.

I disagree with the OP's assessment of Aurora too, but to each his own. I think he/she is missing out because I think there are plenty of nice (and affordable) areas in Aurora. In fact, I recently looked at a house near Iliff and Buckley (I think?) that would be great -- $129K was the asking price and the neighborhood was fine -- but it's just too far from where I work (downtown). It wasn't a brand new home, but it wasn't a dump either, and it had a great yard. I almost want to say that this particular home was in the Cherry Creek school district, but I can't remember for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I agree the point of living in Strasburg would be to have acreage, or, OTOH, small-town living. If the town is growing, you won't have the latter for long. We moved to Louisville when the pop. was 5000. Lots of other people had the same idea, now it's 20,000. It's been both good and bad, but not the same as a town of 5000. I do have a red-head, but she's no one's step-child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver