U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 PM

6 posts, read 17,229 times
Smile Five Parks

We looked at an area called Five Parks which I believe is in Arvada. Anyone know anything about this area, how well it liked etc? For a new area with what appeared to be a lot going for it, we saw a lot of homes up for sale. Was wondering why so much turnover for a new area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 AM

8,512 posts, read 18,464,775 times
Five Parks is a subdivision in Arvada, developed by Village Homes.

With any community there are people moving in and out. I don't see that there are more homes than normal on the market.

Some people move into a new house, then their circumstances change - new job, new spouse, new kids, etc....so their housing needs change with their new life.

Personally, I like Five Parks, and the "village" that Village created. Lot sizes are small, but the community is huge.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM

18 posts, read 88,530 times
I have friends that used to live in Five Parks. They loved it, being able to walk to the neighborhood coffee shop and take a yoga class 2 blocks from home. They have a free concert series in one of the parks each summer. The area seems to be populated with a lot of young families with kids and couples thinking about joining the ranks. My friends moved because they had a second child and wanted to get closer to I-25 to reduce work travel times.

My parent's live near Five Parks and it looks like they are now developing some condo/townhomes off Indiana. The whole West Arvada area is really booming with commercial and residential developments lately. That area is really a great location. 15-20 to downtown, 40 to the airport, 25 to Boulder, 10 to Flatirons/Interlochen, 10 to Golden and that much closer to the mountains.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:37 PM

17 posts, read 58,002 times
I live just south of Five Parks in west Arvada. Five Parks is a desirable new area in Arvada, close to Stanley Lake. It has nice amenities with the outdoor pool, the ampitheater and the small shops nearby. It also has a brand new elementary that just opened in the fall. The location is great -- close to the foothills for easy access and just south of the Flatirons and the Flatirons shopping mall. The Apex Center, one of Colorado's nicest community centers, is just minutes away. The only downfall is that the yards are pretty small, which is typical for these newer developments. Also, we do get high winds on the western side of the city, but it's worth it since we're so close to the mountains. As for the turnover, I'm assuming like many new popular areas, some of it may be attributed to people buying in a variable rate mortgage environment and overextending themselves, only to find that the higher interest rates are cost prohibitive. I know a lot of newer developments are experiencing the same predicament. Anyway, the people around here are awesome -- it's easy to make friends and get your kids involved in activities.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,396 times
Default Village of Five Parks listing prices

I've been looking to buy in Five Parks but too concerned that there are so many homes for sale. Not a single home has sold in all of 2008 in the Five Parks neighborhood north of 86th. Comps from late 2007 all headed downward. They have 13 homes now listed on that side of the neighborhood and no sales.

If you looked at this neighborhood and decided against it, why? Too far from highways/work? Overpriced? As much as I'd like to live there because it is a great neighborhood and good homes, the investment of moving there is sounding too risky in this market. By my numbers, every home in there needs to drop listing price by $50k just to follow the trend established when their were sales in late 2007.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 6,243 times
Default More Questions about Five Parks

I grew up in the Denver Metro area and now we are returning to Colorado with our family.
We've looked at Five Parks, but isn't it really close to Rocky Flats, and isn't that a good reason for steering clear?
Also, is the school there that opened recently called Meiklejohn?
What makes this neighborhood worth the prices?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,853 times
Default Rentals?

Phugg: Rocky Flats has been gone for a few years now, it is currently a "National Wildlife Refuge" [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Flats#2000s]Rocky Flats Plant - Wikipedia[/url]

I am curious about rentals in the Five Parks neighborhood. I couldn't find anything obvious online, and was hoping for a point-of-contact. Basically I'm looking for a studio/1BR in a modern neighborhood near Arvada/Lakewood. Any ideas?

-Carl

Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 PM

75 posts, read 180,335 times
Does anyone have any information about rentals in the Five Parks area?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,893 times
I am a current resident in Village of Five Parks. I moved in 5 years ago when the building was almost complete. I absolutely love it. Meiklejohn Elementary is new, beautiful, and employs the best teachers in the district. The pool has a separate baby pool area, spray-squirt zone with 30-foot tall flower fountains. The gym is small, but has machines, weights, cardio, and never a wait. The HOA takes care of snow removal, landscaping, and trash removal. Back yards range from patio decks on the townhome/condos, to small plot that fits table, chairs, and dog run, up to mini-yards in 6000 sq ft properties. There is now a coffee shop/wine bar (Steamers/Jack's), yoga, karate, Marco's pizza, veterinarian, and dentist. The mixture of condos, townhomes, and single family homes is ideal for a mix of active residents. The reason it is called Five Parks is because there are 5 actual parks that are wonderful for kids and observing the flatirons. The timeframe that the prior poster was noting homes for sale was during a downturn in the economy. It was happening everywhere. Since then, thedenverchannel.com profiled the community as one of the TOP 5 in the state for holding home values. This is a real community, with people who relate well and spend time doing fun things like progressive dinners. I am lucky to be able to afford this resort lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver