U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Status: "2B the trusted driving force in local real estate." (set 4 days ago)

8,693 posts, read 19,386,658 times

Advertisements

think urban renewal. way more people will own in 20 years than do today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 PM

1,089 posts, read 4,521,151 times
Commerce City isn't urban renewal though, it's sprawl. Home ownership only matters if the people care. There are a lot of people in Aurora who own who couldn't care less what their property looks like. The old part of Commerce City is the same way. Lots and lots of home owners who don't care or don't have the money to care what shape their house is in. My grandparents were some of them.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 AM

Well I am sorry to hear that. There are reverse mortgages for seniors. If they cannot afford to stay and take care of a property, then they should look at their choices.

Let's agree to discuss this again in 20 years to see if one of us is right. OK?

Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 PM

1,089 posts, read 4,521,151 times
No, you don't understand. They could afford to stay there, they just weren't willing to take care of their property. You can say all you want that they had their priorities mixed up but that is your opinion. I'm not saying that I would want to be their neighbor but if they want to choose to not take care of their property that is their business. That is a decision that every homeowner has to make and most who buy into Commerce City decide not to take care of their property.

Take a drive around Commerce City and you will see plenty of large trucks and SUV’s, boats and RV’s. Sure some don’t have the money but many just choose to spend their money on something else. My grandparents were like this and were surrounded by neighbors with similar priorities. Middle to lower income families move to Commerce City because the property values are low so they can afford to spend money on other luxuries, not so they can have a nice house. You put blue collar or lower income people in an upper class house the house will turn into a blue collar or lower income house, not the other way around.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:05 PM

161 posts, read 524,012 times
affirmative on commerce city, POH or not, its still commerce city. ive heard that some high dollar residents in Commerce city want to change their city address other than commerce city!!! even city government is calling Reunion the "new commerce city" LOL. Old Aurora is really ghetto, it will always be ghetto. ill take back what i said about other areas of Aurora. its affordable and livable.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 AM

16 posts, read 41,879 times
Default Commerce City?

Can anyone tell me what Commerce City is like in terms of safety and housing? Particularly the Reunion Community? I have heard from some that it is not very safe, and that the population is less than desirable......and I'm not sure what that means, thus my request for feedback. Thank you!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 AM

Reunion is a very nice community. 3 years old, developed by shea. a little on the far side, considering a commute to Wheat Ridge.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 AM

16 posts, read 41,879 times
Thank you. What about the rest of Commerce City? Is it safe? clean? Thanks again.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:02 AM

Commerce city is a newly residential area. Use to be 80% industrial/farm/buisiness it is clean, the Parade of Homes is in Reunion this year.

For crime stats call the local police dept. Never trust crime stats from any other source.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:36 PM

61 posts, read 281,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Commerce city is a newly residential area. Use to be 80% industrial/farm/buisiness it is clean, the Parade of Homes is in Reunion this year.

For crime stats call the local police dept. Never trust crime stats from any other source.
My opinion is that I would not buy in Commerce City. It has a terrible reputation and almost no appreciation, and a lot of foreclosures. I work as a buyers agent 80% of the time and people tell me they don't want Aurora, Commerce City, and Montbello. IMHO, I want good family neighborhoods and schools and Adams County doesn't impress me.
I have a friend who works at Shea Homes in Reunion (and I like Shea homes) that wanted me to come up, but I won't bother. I use the crime stats on my web pages from the National Ass'n of Realtors and have found them to be reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver