Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 12:42 PM
amb amb started this thread

36 posts, read 110,179 times

Advertisements

I've noticed people saying that south Aurora can be nice, but to stay away from north Aurora. Can somebody please fill me in on where that cutoff is? For instance what about the area bordered by E. Quincy, E. Smoky Hill, S. Parker, and S. Gun Club Rd? Thanks in advance.

Oops it looks like that may also include parts of Centennial, no matter I'm still interested in hearing what people have to say about that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 03:59 PM

117 posts, read 526,675 times
Thats pretty much my old 'hood. Overall decently nice houses, definitely out of the trouble areas, although much of the nicer housing is in Centennial (if you're searching MLS) and a lot of the older is in Aurora. I know its hard to know where the lines start and end, but as an overall thing. It's almost like Centennial's city limits are lines around the nicer areas.

BillRadio should be able to chip in some experience in the area as well...

Old 06-02-2007, 04:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I don't know Aurora well, but as for bad areas, you'll know them when you see them. This is true of any community.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:36 PM

Yes, thanks for that bit of advice, I'm sure I will know when I go there. However, I am looking online trying to narrow down the area I want to be, and it's very hard to tell what the area is like over the internet.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I hear ya. You could get a general idea from price, the lower the price, the more likely the place is to be a bit sketch. As I said, that's just a generality. I will defer to the folks who know more about Aurora than me. Why Aurora, just curious.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:03 PM

We have been looking at homes for sale online and the area I listed and one other area are where most of the homes were interested in have come up.

The other area is an area of Littleton west of Highlands Ranch, so if anyone has anything to say about that area I'd love to hear it.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 AM

291 posts, read 2,075,392 times
Anywhere south of Illiff av. is noticably 'safer' than other areas. The farther south, the newer the neighborhoods. If you look at zip code 80016, you'll find nice homes in Aurora, Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County, and Cherry Creek Schools...among the best (good for resale if you don't have kids).

Beyond that, you need to determine what kind of neighborhood you like. From 1 to 2 acre lots, farm-like homes, tracts with new, unique homes, or even lots with trees (not many trees are native to areas under 6000').

That area of Littleton west of Highlands Ranch, if it's north of C-470, is very cool. Many nice houses near the Highline Canal, the area's premiere hiking trail, connecting several parks. If it's south of C-470, it's identical to Highlands Ranch. Both areas have homes with dramatic views of the foothills.

A42887, where was your old neighborhood? They're building faster than the cellular carriers can keep up.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM

37 posts, read 210,542 times
I for one am a huge fan of Aurora now that I have lived here. I have actually lived in a couple different parts of Aurora, and I can tell you I love it. I used to do some door to door sales, and I can tell you from foot-to-pavement face to face experience, I would much rather live in ANY Aurora neighborhood over downtown Denver, that's for sure.

Don't get too caught up in the whole Centennial / vs Aurora debate - it's all just a technicality - I write my address sometimes as Aurora and sometimes as Centennial, and I've checked with the post office and both are technically correct.

But as for the area, I love it, and don't let what anyone else says ding it. There are bad neighborhoods all across the country, Aurora is in no way shape or form a "bad neighborhood", you just have to check out the area first and see if you feel comfortable with it. I think the reason it has a "bad reputation" is because ethnically, there is a higher population of African American / Mexican Americans living in the area, but I would say it is because they are smart and know that housing is cheaper out here. As an example, I live in a "corporate" owned apartment complex, but the interesting part is that we used to live in Greenwood Village in a complex owned by the same company, yet when we moved here, there was a $400 per month price difference for the SAME size apartment. If you like to save money / find a great home for a great price, Aurora / Parker / Centennial are your best bets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver