Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,875 times

Advertisements

Hey all, in the market for some advice on great neighborhoods in Denver. I'm living in Columbus, Ohio currently and plan to make my way westward this summer. I'm 26 and extremely active, love biking, hiking, anything outdoors. I'm very much involved in the music scene here in Columbus and would like to be in an area that has more of a lively vibe rather than a quiet, slower paced neighborhood. However, I am also very concerned about the area being clean and safe. I work for Whole Foods and hope to transfer to the Capitol Hill location close to City Park and Uptown. I've heard that Uptown is a pretty hip spot, and this Whole Foods seems to be the most centrally located compared to Cherry Creek or Washington Park. I definitely want to settle myself within 5 miles from work as I will commute by bike. Let me know you ideas, thanks!!!!

Last edited by jables2486; 03-06-2010 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: misspellings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,637 times
the whole foods in cherry creek is right along the cherry creek bike path, so you could live anywhere near the path from highlands to baker and be within an easy, car-free 5 mile ride. I live in the baker neighborhood and there are a lot of houses here rented out by bands who play the clubs on south broadway.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 AM

94 posts, read 245,613 times
The (now) whole foods this person is referring to is not the Cherry Creek location but the one on 11th Ave.

You will have no problems finding a place near your work that meets your listed criteria. Most of the local music venues are on Colfax in that neck of the woods or on south Broadway.

Uptown, Capitol Hill, Chesseman Park, Congress Park, City Park, City Park West even Baker and West Washington Park are neighborhoods nearby.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,875 times
Hey guys thanks for the input I really appreciate it! Thinking Uptown is the place for me, sounds like it has everything I'm looking for

Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jables2486 View Post
Hey guys thanks for the input I really appreciate it! Thinking Uptown is the place for me, sounds like it has everything I'm looking for
Uptown's great. My last apartment was in Uptown and I loved it. However, Capitol Hill is essentially the same neighborhood (technically, Uptown is actually called North Capitol Hill). If you're going to work at the Whole Foods at 11th and Emerson, why not find a suitable place as close to there as possible (the immediate area is filled with shops, restaurants, bars, etc)?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:35 PM

14 posts, read 31,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jables2486 View Post
Hey all, in the market for some advice on great neighborhoods in Denver. I'm living in Columbus, Ohio currently and plan to make my way westward this summer. I'm 26 and extremely active, love biking, hiking, anything outdoors. I'm very much involved in the music scene here in Columbus and would like to be in an area that has more of a lively vibe rather than a quiet, slower paced neighborhood. However, I am also very concerned about the area being clean and safe. I work for Whole Foods and hope to transfer to the Capitol Hill location close to City Park and Uptown. I've heard that Uptown is a pretty hip spot, and this Whole Foods seems to be the most centrally located compared to Cherry Creek or Washington Park. I definitely want to settle myself within 5 miles from work as I will commute by bike. Let me know you ideas, thanks!!!!
It depends on exactly what you're looking for. I'd guess a few that might do the trick are RINO, Baker, Capital Hill, Highland or even something like Platte Park. That's be espeically nice if you worked out of the Wash Park location + just take the LRT downtown.

List of neighborhoods in Denver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM

94 posts, read 245,613 times
Quote:
It depends on exactly what you're looking for. I'd guess a few that might do the trick are RINO, Baker, Capital Hill, Highland or even something like Platte Park. That's be espeically nice if you worked out of the Wash Park location + just take the LRT downtown.
The problem with Baker would be the commute, same for anything on the other side of I-25. Uptown might meet your needs but I am willing to put 5 bucks on your falling in love with the east side of Cap Hill or Cheesman Park.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:37 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outside1 View Post
The problem with Baker would be the commute, same for anything on the other side of I-25. Uptown might meet your needs but I am willing to put 5 bucks on your falling in love with the east side of Cap Hill or Cheesman Park.
but if you do have your choice of locations, you might do well to consider the cherry creek store. Although it is not as central, i cannot stress enough how awesome the cherry creek bike path is. It essentially runs through the heart of downtown and would give you the choice of living in almost any neighborhood. Also with the new bike share program there will be a station at the cc whole foods so you wouldn't even have to worry about locking up your bike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: