Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:18 PM

37 posts, read 167,565 times

Advertisements

From Brooklyn or the Bronx? Even Queens or Manhatten will do. Looking to connect with the kindred spirits who know you ALWAYS fold pizza when eating it and when waiting for a movie you stand on line, not in line. NYers, let's hear from ya! How long you been in CO and how are ya likin' it? I'm heading west this summer and thinking the culture shock might send me searching for a good game of stick ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 07:14 PM

62 posts, read 314,725 times
Default We will see you there...

Well, if it is any help me and my boyfriend are moving there too....we are from NY as well. I have only heard good things about CO and at least you can afford to live there rather than live in a box for 2000/mo. Hope to see you standing in line with your folded pizza....

Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 PM

10 posts, read 57,022 times
My wife and I just bought our 1st house last friday in Broomfield. We are both from Brooklyn and currently live on Long Island We will be driving out last weekend of June.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,298,292 times
I was born in Brooklyn, grew up in Nassau Co., and currently live near Phila. I'll be joining you guys in about 2 years...

Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 AM

Default See you in CO

We now live in Lynbrook, LI and I work in NYC. We are moving to the Evergreen area and hope to be there by Sept. Keep in touch.....

Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 AM

We're moving in July to Englewood. I grew up in Brooklyn, went to SUNY and now live in Westchester. I've lived in LA for a few years (hated it). Now I think we are ready for something completely different. We llike the pace and beauty of Colorado a lot (job and wife's family are motivating the move) but I know I will miss the NY attitde, but not the insanity. Remember the famous map on the cover of New Yorker Magazine 72 - The World As Seen From New York's 9th Avenue « strange maps. that has pretty much been my world.
Will I be able to get a decent knish? Will I feel comfortable heckling the ump at a (ugh) Rockies game?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Great Map

The map is quite amusing but also quite true from the perspective of people here. I am ready for the mountain and snow.....rather than the subway and noise. I am sure that there will be some things that we need to adjust to but that will maek things fun...."Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all". How long do you think it will take to drive from NY to Co???

Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
...snip...How long to drive from NY to Co?
We drove DC to COL SPGS in 3 easy days of 550 miles per day. It can be done in two days of about 850 miles per day. Saves you the cost of one night in motel. I'd rather spend the extra day on the road and have time to use the exercise rooms and drink some wine in front of the TV each night.

PJ will find a good knish. We have a thread here about "jewish" in Denver, search on that word, it may mention food.

s/Mike

Old 06-01-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Don't want to offend anyone, but...

My reason for wanting to move comes down to this. It is said that in LA when people say "Hi." they really mean "f*ck you" and in NY, when people say "f*ck you", they really mean "hi.". I hope that in CO when people say "hi." they really mean "hi.".

Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM

530 posts, read 2,625,162 times
I was born in Brooklyn and went to High School in Lawrence Long Island. I've been in the Denver area for a year now and it's fantastic. The people do mean "hi" when they say it. There are so many activities for young and old.It is a great way of life. In fact a local saying here is "no worries". You can get some good deli food in Denver. A favorite of mine is Zaidy's Deli. You all know that you will never find the exact pizza as we had in NY, but there are some that are not too bad. There are also decent bagel places as well. You will absolutely love it out here. Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver