U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 AM

29 posts, read 46,912 times

Advertisements

So what do residents do about parking in Capitol Hill, especially around the 16th and Grant area ? I found a couple of affordable places around there, and I can walk to work. The resident permits sound like they don't do much and are kinda hard to get. Are there monthly overnight lots/garages and how much are they? How long can you leave a car in the same spot on the street before you have to move it in those areas? I'd be willing to park 5-6 blocks away if I can leave it for awhile w/o needing to move it. Also, please don't suggest I get rid of my car if moving down there. Already considered it... not gonna happen LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 PM

795 posts, read 1,589,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillE Dogg View Post
So what do residents do about parking in Capitol Hill, especially around the 16th and Grant area ? I found a couple of affordable places around there, and I can walk to work. The resident permits sound like they don't do much and are kinda hard to get. Are there monthly overnight lots/garages and how much are they? How long can you leave a car in the same spot on the street before you have to move it in those areas? I'd be willing to park 5-6 blocks away if I can leave it for awhile w/o needing to move it. Also, please don't suggest I get rid of my car if moving down there. Already considered it... not gonna happen LOL
Getting a permit
Residential Permit Parking

However, even with a permit you may have to move your car depending on what day it is for street cleaning at that curb. Some curbs go for multiple days but dont forget to read the street signs or you'll get a ticket like clockwork.

Because I got tired of playing musical chairs with my car I got rid of it 3 cities ago...

Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM

29 posts, read 46,912 times
Thanks for the info! I think I'm just gonna move a little further east down the Colfax area (14th and High) where there are some apts that have affordable parking for about $30/mo. Since the Colfax bus runs 24/7, I should be good.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM

973 posts, read 715,075 times
I've lived in Cap Hill, congress park, and Uptown (north Cap Hill), and I visit many friends there very often. Parking really isn't that big of an issue. I never have to park more than 3 blocks away from my house (or a friends).

Get a residential parking pass - this allows you to ignore the time restricted areas (1 hour, 2 hour, etc). You're still suppose to move it every 3 days I think - but that's RARELY enforced.

That said, if a building offers parking for the $30 you mention, it's definitely worth it for me.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,469,131 times
City ordanences are that you can not park your car on the street longer then 24 hours. This is not inforced unless the home owner your parking in front of complains to 'Parking Enforcement' that you have parked in front of their home too long. Then a city parking Enforcement officer comes by and places a warning on your windshield.
I'm experienced in this area because I'm one of the complaining homeowners on Capital Hill.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 AM

13,327 posts, read 30,288,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post

However, even with a permit you may have to move your car depending on what day it is for street cleaning at that curb. Some curbs go for multiple days but dont forget to read the street signs or you'll get a ticket like clockwork.
Yes. On street cleaning days, there always seemed to be someone on our block that got a ticket. If I remember correctly, street cleaning begins in April and ends with November.
Parking enforcement was extremely rigid in Cherry Creek, but that might be because it's so tiny and tony.
Denver parking enforcement
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillE Dogg View Post
Thanks for the info! I think I'm just gonna move a little further east down the Colfax area (14th and High) where there are some apts that have affordable parking for about $30/mo. Since the Colfax bus runs 24/7, I should be good.
I used to work at 14th and Gilpin. Parking there seemed pretty tight, but I always found a place.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM

115 posts, read 53,659 times
Quote:
City ordanences are that you can not park your car on the street longer then 24 hours.
That is simply not true, although it may be true to metered spaces. There are always plenty of unmetered street spots around grant and plenty around 14th and High too.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 PM

345 posts, read 579,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
City ordanences are that you can not park your car on the street longer then 24 hours. This is not inforced unless the home owner your parking in front of complains to 'Parking Enforcement' that you have parked in front of their home too long. Then a city parking Enforcement officer comes by and places a warning on your windshield.
I'm experienced in this area because I'm one of the complaining homeowners on Capital Hill.
I think the 24 hours is only for downtown. The rest of the city is 4 days if my memory serves me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver