Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,307 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Littleton, (I'm 16, so I go to school there as well.) It is a very cute place, and downtown Littleton is wonderful! It has a lot of old shops, and it's not too modern, really. It's schools are VERY good, in the academic area. I personally don't like how big they are, though. There are a lot of gyms and such around here if you look for them, and there's plenty of parks. My younger brother goes to one of the elementary schools, and he in GT classes (gifted and talented!!). It's a very safe area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 PM

30 posts, read 71,519 times
I think you should look at Bow Mar, Bor Mar South, and Coventry. All three are awesome neighborhoods with lovely homes, kids running all around, and a pool or lake to anchor the community. They are in Littleton Public Schools and feed into Wilder Elementary, which is an incredible school and, I believe, has a preschool. There are also a number of other wonderful preschools right there--St. James & the Willows are two that come to mind.

My favorite is Bow Mar South--not as fancy as the others, but a wonderful community. You can take your kids down to the lake, hang out with neighbors, and participate in neighborhood stuff as much or as little as you like. The houses can be a bit 80's-ish, but some are remodeled, and all have really nice yards--this is not a cookie-cutter community.

All three of these neighborhoods also are close to Lockheed but also to Downtown Littleton, which seems to get better and better each day! Oh, and one more thing--coming from California, you are going to LOVE how close everything in Denver is. You can be downtown in 30 minutes or less from almost anywhere!

Town of Bow Mar
BMS

Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM

11 posts, read 38,529 times
Thanks for this unique information! Being that we are only 10 years in CA and grew up in MN (land of 10,000 lakes!) a lake community could be very appealing.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM

30 posts, read 71,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFRO View Post
Thanks for this unique information! Being that we are only 10 years in CA and grew up in MN (land of 10,000 lakes!) a lake community could be very appealing.
Yes, there aren't many lake communities in the Denver area, that's for sure. I grew up on a lake in NJ and I miss it!

I think you'd love Bow Mar South, I really do! (not that I know you or anything...!!)

Old 06-27-2011, 07:16 PM

69 posts, read 103,393 times
How long of a trip is it to Denver and is there public tranportation? Are the older neighborhoods near the center of town. Does the center of town have a Downtown area? I know it's alot of questions but I am thinking of moving to Littleton if i can ever sell this house...

Old 06-28-2011, 02:59 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,088,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Poole View Post
How long of a trip is it to Denver and is there public tranportation? Are the older neighborhoods near the center of town. Does the center of town have a Downtown area? I know it's alot of questions but I am thinking of moving to Littleton if i can ever sell this house...
Littleton used to be a small town about 10 miles directly south of Denver. As such it has a small main street area that serves a town center. The city of Denver has crept south all the way to Englewood (another small town) and the boundaries of Englewood have crept south to touch Littleton. This is a long explanation saying that the area between Littleton and Denver is a continuously built up urban area.

Some areas near downtown Littleton have older houses with some dating back to the late 1800 or early 1900s, but most of the area is made up of homes built between the 1950s and 1970s.

Downtown Littleton is directly connected to downtown Denver via Light Rail.

Also be aware that Littleton is not only a city, but it also is the designated mailing address for a large portion of the southwestern suburbs located in adjacent unincorporated Jefferson County.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM

69 posts, read 103,393 times
Thanks, davidv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver