Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:32 PM

659 posts, read 1,009,648 times

Advertisements

I am still looking at houses. I decided against lone tree, I was going to move to centennial but I got a little turned off the age of the homes. I am aware they probably hold their value better than other areas, I am just not interested. I think if you re willing to spend over a million it doesn't matter but on my budget I am looking at some pretty old run down homes.

I drove up to castle pines, seemed nice enough, almost a bit sterile but it was pretty. I also noticed not much else around it. I looked at Back Country... ouch! the prices are way too much. The Merdian no yards, thats crazy. SO I started looking up at Idyllwild in Parker. It's pretty, elementary middle school and high school all in walking distance which would be great for my girls. I talked to Richmond homes and I could get a pretty nice model 3100-4400 sq feet that includes a yard at least but I am thinking Parker might be too far to drive everyday, I also noticed that I would have to get on Parker road no matter where I was going.

I would like to make a decision soon. If I don't I will probably end up in some shack in Centennial and i really don't want that.

Anyone help guide me to a good area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM

11,812 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Your Realtor would have better ideas for you given your wants and needs.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 PM

I don't have one anymore. I lost 2 houses because of them. Looking on my own now.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 PM

17,666 posts, read 29,540,339 times
Default You might as well have a buyer's agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I don't have one anymore. I lost 2 houses because of them. Looking on my own now.
I understand your frustration.
But, you won't save any money by being on your own.
Give Redfin a call and get yourself an agent who will kick back some of the commission.

This is a very tight market.

This means:
1. Look at the house the MORNING of the day it comes on the market.
2. Decide within 10 minutes whether or not you are going to make an offer.
a. If No, then leave and move on.
b. If Yes, then turn to your buyer's agent and "write up an offer". I don't think you have to go over list, but you need to be close to list.

I am no a real estate person. But, I am a nerd who is paying attention to the market. Way too much attention according to my wife. (Given that we bought our house 1 year ago, she thinks my 134 row spreadsheet for Berkeley new builds is excessive.)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 AM

11,812 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Of course I'd advise against that. They do have some good tools, but I would sincerely doubt they have sold any listings in her price range, ever.

This is not the time to practice real estate on a buyer.

DM me I will recommend a few outstanding brokers in the area that have experience in your area to interview. Choose the best one and go from there to find your home.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:24 AM

166 posts, read 409,338 times
Quote:
I'd be very curious to know how that happened - outbid, not notified of particular properties coming on the market? That type of thing? The frustration I sometimes experience is when I'm at my showing, and the listing agent (who is notified of showings on their listing) doesn't notify us that they've accepted an offer or that an offer is on the table etc.

I can understand your sentiment after a bad experience but just find one who you're confident with and like - We're not all alike!! I would always recommend to buyers having representation - especially if you are thinking of new construction. Not only are builder contracts written to their favor, but you want to try to even the field and also negotiate the purchase and transaction.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkaK9 View Post
I'd be very curious to know how that happened - outbid, not notified of particular properties coming on the market? That type of thing? The frustration I sometimes experience is when I'm at my showing, and the listing agent (who is notified of showings on their listing) doesn't notify us that they've accepted an offer or that an offer is on the table etc.

I can understand your sentiment after a bad experience but just find one who you're confident with and like - We're not all alike!! I would always recommend to buyers having representation - especially if you are thinking of new construction. Not only are builder contracts written to their favor, but you want to try to even the field and also negotiate the purchase and transaction.

The first house I lost against an escalation bid, the 2nd house I was up against 2 other buyers, I lost again. My realtor said next time they would tell me to offer full price. I would have done that if they advised, I was going by what they told be before.

I can not go over 600k In greenwood village everything in my price range are old ranches, so then I expanded out to arapahoe lake but there are 2 houses both tri levels. even worse! I looked out in highlands ranch, I can get something pretty nice in my range but i hate that area. I decided against lone tree. Realtors have been no help to me plus they cant put more homes on the market.

I really prefer to stay off Orchard Road, but my range is the high 500's and it's slim pickings but I was advised to buy soon because of the interest rates so I feel pressured to buy something now. That's why I started looking at new construction.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Of course I'd advise against that. They do have some good tools, but I would sincerely doubt they have sold any listings in her price range, ever.

This is not the time to practice real estate on a buyer.

DM me I will recommend a few outstanding brokers in the area that have experience in your area to interview. Choose the best one and go from there to find your home.

excuse me? Sorry but the first comment you made seemed pretty rude. You have no idea what my range is, I would never DM you for a recommendation!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,584,530 times
Quote:
I am still looking at houses. I decided against lone tree, I was going to move to centennial but I got a little turned off the age of the homes. I am aware they probably hold their value better than other areas, I am just not interested. I think if you re willing to spend over a million it doesn't matter but on my budget I am looking at some pretty old run down homes.

I drove up to castle pines, seemed nice enough, almost a bit sterile but it was pretty. I also noticed not much else around it. I looked at Back Country... ouch! the prices are way too much. The Merdian no yards, thats crazy. SO I started looking up at Idyllwild in Parker. It's pretty, elementary middle school and high school all in walking distance which would be great for my girls. I talked to Richmond homes and I could get a pretty nice model 3100-4400 sq feet that includes a yard at least but I am thinking Parker might be too far to drive everyday, I also noticed that I would have to get on Parker road no matter where I was going.

I would like to make a decision soon. If I don't I will probably end up in some shack in Centennial and i really don't want that.

Anyone help guide me to a good area?
Really?
These don't look particularly "shack-like."
Centennial- Cherry Knolls Homes for Sale

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Really?
These don't look particularly "shack-like."
Centennial- Cherry Knolls Homes for Sale

I don't want to move into that area. I am looking to stay close to the DTC and Cherry Creek Highschool. It's very limited and the houses aren't the best but it's pretty much where I am planning on moving. I just need to get over the old shack hang up. It's very hard after looking at nice new modern clean smelling homes with spiral staircases. I have seem a couple homes that have been updated but 60% of the updated homes look a little strange or they consider a granite counter tops in the kitchen an updated home. The ones that are done by professional flippers are nicer but they want a lot of money for those homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver