Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ok, that sounds fair. The area appears good. I'm going to have to check on it tomorrow. I have an appointment circa 4pm.
Good luck! I like that area a lot actually, but I don't know much about that specific complex. I lived at the Sonata at Cherry Creek briefly, though, and I never had any problems there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 01:29 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Good luck! I like that area a lot actually, but I don't know much about that specific complex. I lived at the Sonata at Cherry Creek briefly, though, and I never had any problems there.
Honestly, house break-ins can happen everywhere.

My present location is so easily accessible from the outside. It's a stupid design where from the main road, a small staircase can take anyone directly to my window and if the blinds aren't properly shut, everything inside is visible. Even my hustler magazines. Just kidding

I need to get to a crowded place which is too noisy and tough to penetrate and boldly do something like breaking windows or the door.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 PM

357 posts, read 1,286,574 times
okay, you'll have to pardon me for giggling a little bit. what incredibly crappy luck to have ended up in an apartment formally rented by a druggie or whatever. geez. still, it's a story to tell the kids or whatever one day. I suspect time will allow it become funnier to you . meanwhile, I appreciate you sharing. it made me feel lucky for a day, lol. normally I'm the one with such luck.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCACO View Post
okay, you'll have to pardon me for giggling a little bit. what incredibly crappy luck to have ended up in an apartment formally rented by a druggie or whatever. geez. still, it's a story to tell the kids or whatever one day. I suspect time will allow it become funnier to you . meanwhile, I appreciate you sharing. it made me feel lucky for a day, lol. normally I'm the one with such luck.
I'm living in a king bed suite right now, till Sunday.

At least, they provide amazing free breakfast where I can have tons of scrambled eggs like a pig

Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Anyone knows of this?

Blueline

I'm hoping the crime is not too bad and it's not like a ghetto
Ok, I went here last evening. The place is cool and modern, they even have locked the whole building where you have to enter the passcode to even get into the hallway, so it's totally sealed from the outside world.

And the dude who showed me around pointed to the security cams placed all around the building and how it will capture everyone coming in.

But I asked him why install cams, does it mean it gets broken in too often. He said I can call the police station and enquire for he is not allowed to discuss this. Overall it's cool.

It's off colorado boulevard and taking a right on mississippi ave. And I can walk to a lot of shops and colo blvd is always abuzz and is close to cherry creek places

But there's a snag - there are buildings adjacent to here that look total ghetto And I saw rappers hanging around one of them. I had a little small talk with them, but rappers and I have a looooooooong history LMAO. One of my co-workers got hit by a metal rod and his laptop stolen in north carolina. It cracked his skull and he is still unable to even remember his own parents. This happened just on my second week in the US. The dude was only walking to the parking lot.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg

Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
IIRC, that is right by the Cherri Mart on the corner of Cherry and Mississippi? If that's correct then I do recall that being a rather sketchy part of Glendale.

Last edited by Dorthy; 04-24-2010 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 AM

357 posts, read 1,286,574 times
if you look up the crime stats for that zip code via the web, it seems rather safe. I'd call the local cops and ask them what's going on. you can always ask the tenants who live there now.

my guess is that all the safety features are because the surrounding areas don't "look safe". folks are into overprotection and the way areas look. i mean, folks here in co think they have ghetto areas here, which is a riot. anyway, it's probably meant to reassure you, not frighten you. ask the cops for the stats.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCACO View Post
My daughter also lived in such a place, near DU. She knew the former tenant(s) had been evicted. One day, she answered the door to find a police officer, who asked if she was Ms. ***, and when she said "no", they asked her a few more questions and then left.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Two words: Concrete Bunker.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:15 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Ok, I went here last evening. The place is cool and modern, they even have locked the whole building where you have to enter the passcode to even get into the hallway, so it's totally sealed from the outside world.

And the dude who showed me around pointed to the security cams placed all around the building and how it will capture everyone coming in.

But I asked him why install cams, does it mean it gets broken in too often. He said I can call the police station and enquire for he is not allowed to discuss this. Overall it's cool.

It's off colorado boulevard and taking a right on mississippi ave. And I can walk to a lot of shops and colo blvd is always abuzz and is close to cherry creek places

But there's a snag - there are buildings adjacent to here that look total ghetto And I saw rappers hanging around one of them. I had a little small talk with them, but rappers and I have a looooooooong history LMAO. One of my co-workers got hit by a metal rod and his laptop stolen in north carolina. It cracked his skull and he is still unable to even remember his own parents. This happened just on my second week in the US. The dude was only walking to the parking lot.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg
The camera story is kind of weird. Definitely follow up on that. Ask the police what's going on. And good advice from Lisa, chat with some current tenants.

Also, if you think it's sketchy in that neighborhood, go back at night some time, and see how you feel then. If it doesn't feel comfortable to you, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

As for Dorthy's comment, I didn't know Glendale had parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver