Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 10:42 AM

137 posts, read 109,559 times

Advertisements

Thinking of comming to Denver for 2 days 2 nights and was woundering what stuff you recommend doing ?

I would like a nice hike ( nothing crazy ) and see some waterfalls if there are any but I know about the altitude and is not recommended when first getting there .
I checked red rock there isn't anything playing that interest me when I'm going.
I have interest in catching a Rockies game .

Also enjoy good food beer and nightlife .

What else should I see /do ? I'm not into Art and museums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 11:24 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeandgo92 View Post
Thinking of comming to Denver for 2 days 2 nights and was woundering what stuff you recommend doing ?

I would like a nice hike ( nothing crazy ) and see some waterfalls if there are any but I know about the altitude and is not recommended when first getting there .
I checked red rock there isn't anything playing that interest me when I'm going.
I have interest in catching a Rockies game .

Also enjoy good food beer and nightlife .

What else should I see /do ? I'm not into Art and museums
Denver Colorado Vacations & Conventions | VISIT DENVER

Have a great time.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:20 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Here is list of close-by waterfall hikes:

7 Waterfall Hikes Near Denver

Hike around Red Rocks. The amphitheater is part of a larger park. Go in the morning when it is cool and hike around. Have lunch in Morrison.

Go gambling in Blackhawk or Central City if that is your thing.

It depends on what you like and when you are coming that makes the biggest difference.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:25 PM

137 posts, read 109,559 times
I like being active , so hikes and views of mountains /forests etc interests me but I understand the Altitude is not something you can just hope off a plan and climb up a mountainside .

I like craft beer , and local fresh food/ pubs etc .

I like traveling to different ballparks and coors field looks beautiful .

I'll be there the first weekend in August .

Old 07-13-2016, 01:29 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
There's been some recent threads about this. Try taking a look at these recent threads for some ideas:

Places to go Hiking in the Mountains Around Denver
What to do or where to visit in summer

I started a thread on behalf of a friend last Dec for brew pub recs and got these suggestions:

Denver Brewery Recommendations

Just a start....

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 07-13-2016 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 09:08 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,461 times
You could drive up to the top of Mt Evans. It's neat to be up that high and the drive is pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver