Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,899 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be moving to Bettendorf next month and we have two kids in elementary school. The place that we will be living in is in the Pleasant Valley school district but we have been thinking about trying to open enroll into the Bettendorf district. Could anyone provide me with some feedback regarding these two districts? We are specifically looking for how miniorities fare in the PV district as my husband is Hispanic and my oldest has darker skin. Any feed back would be most appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
A lot of kids who live in Bettendorf go to PV high school. A lot of kids who live in PV go to Bettendorf jr. high...Bettendorf and PV have grown into each other. It's hard to know where Bettendorf ends and PV starts. Both have excellent school systems.

Compared to the other Quad Cities, Bett. and PV can be a bit uppity but I don't see a problem as far as racism goes.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,831 times
Limo126

Welcome to Bettendorf! Both school districts will offer a great education for your children. I encourage you to call Nancy Herrin in the Bettendorf Community School District 563/359-3681 to learn more about open enrollment into BCSD schools. I also encourage you visit the schools you may be interested in both PV and BCSD.

Celeste Miller
Director of Communications
Bettendorf Community School District
[EMAIL="cmiller@bettendorf.k12.ia.us"]cmiller@bettendorf.k12.ia.us[/EMAIL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines