U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:32 PM

970 posts, read 2,553,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Palmer Park isn't in Detroit???? lmao neither is Sherwood Forest
I want to meet the person that said this, lmao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,722,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
I want to meet the person that said this, lmao.
Someone posted pictures on the "where are the pictures of Detroit" thread of Palmer Park and Sherwood forest and some poster said they were not Detroit. They were off 7mile lol. I'm like if they actually been here they'd know the cut off line from the city to the burbs is 8mile

Old 09-15-2010, 03:15 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,385,179 times
I live like 4 blocks from Detroit, do I count?

Old 09-25-2010, 10:50 PM

16 posts, read 24,158 times
Ok, so I now live in Chicago, but I am FROM Detroit. Grew up at 7 and Woodward in the Palmer Woods area, so I think I have a right to comment on Detroit. I went to Cass Tech (the old one, not the new shiny one), and have lived in Chicago for 10 years, but I go back to Detroit at least once a month and I DO comment on Detroit a lot, but only because it's my favorite city in the world. I have to constantly defend it against people in Chicago talking all kinds of trash about it, so I know what you mean about people talking about all of the negative things about the city, and not mentioning any of the positives. I would still be living there to this day, but I'm in real estate, and unfortunately there isn't much money to be made in that field in Detroit these days, but when the market comes back you bet your ass I'll be back there in a minute!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 AM

20,800 posts, read 22,985,080 times
Welcome to Reality Detroit!

Where the streets are paved with euphemisms, gangs are non-existance and politics are kosher. Remember to stop at our shops that are conveniently located at Fenkell and Lahser and when enjoying the east side remember to stop by and see us at Chalmers and Outer Drive to pick up your very own pair of RUBY SLIPPERS just like Dorothy had!
Our muder rate, which ONLY averages 1 a day, is really much more sporadic and actually a murder occurs just once or twice a week--it is just that there tends to be multiple "deaths" on the same day. That is why we average 1 per day. So come on down, we promise the odds are no one will die while you're here, at least on 3 of the 5 days anyways.
We have plenty of room near the FOX Theater, New Center and some space around Wayne State.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 10,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Look at it this way detroitlove, you can be an ambassador for the city and correct everyone's misconceptions.

You taught me what a "corner boy" is. Wonder why I never learned that out in the suburbs?
Agreed. I already learned a few things I didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or