Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:34 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times

Advertisements

Yes, but my friends and family actually like me. I want to see them even if they do have an irreational fear of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Yes, but my friends and family actually like me. I want to see them even if they do have an irreational fear of the city.

If they really liked me their response to coming over wouldn't be "It's all black there" I responded by saying I'm not going to Sterling Heights, It's all white so now we're at a stalemate. I made friends in my neighborhood that aren't fear mongers.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 PM

530 posts, read 1,551,321 times
If someone will tell me how to post pictures here on CD, I'll go recon the B&E area bringing back pics.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 PM

[img]link[/img]

Old 10-07-2010, 09:43 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Friends and family won't come to Harper Woods. I told them to get lost. Couldn't be happier.
When residents there stop getting carjacked and robbed by 12 year old black kids, then maybe you'd get more to join you.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,152 times
You should read this article about a medical worker who thought it would be good to buy a house in Detroit (Boston-Edison, actually). Her home was broken into several times, she felt scared walking from her car to the front door, and eventually a burglar burned her house down and killed the large dog she had purchased for self defense. Now she's living in a condo in the low-crime but <gasp> almost all white West Bloomfield.

Black Flight is the New Worry for Detroit - WSJ.com

If you purchase property in the City of Detroit or choose to rent there you are asking for it. Your best bet is to find a house in a predominantly white middle class neighborhood (just telling the objective truth here).

I have no idea what the accounting job market is like in Detroit, but if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't be moving to Detroit in the first place or should be looking to flee Michigan. If you are young and looking for a place to settle and build a life and career, Michigan is probably the wrong state.

Quote:
Ms. Barham just left. And she's not coming back.

In seven years as a homeowner in Detroit, she endured more than 10 burglaries and break-ins at her house and a nearby rental property she owned. Still, she defied friends' pleas to leave as she fortified her home with locks, bars, alarms and a dog.

Then, a week before Christmas, someone torched the house and destroyed almost everything she owned.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
You should read this article about a medical worker who thought it would be good to buy a house in Detroit (Boston-Edison, actually). Her home was broken into several times, she felt scared walking from her car to the front door, and eventually a burglar burned her house down and killed the large dog she had purchased for self defense. Now she's living in a condo in the low-crime but <gasp> almost all white West Bloomfield.

Black Flight is the New Worry for Detroit - WSJ.com

If you purchase property in the City of Detroit or choose to rent there you are asking for it. Your best bet is to find a house in a predominantly white middle class neighborhood (just telling the objective truth here).

I have no idea what the accounting job market is like in Detroit, but if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't be moving to Detroit in the first place or should be looking to flee Michigan. If you are young and looking for a place to settle and build a life and career, Michigan is probably the wrong state.

people like you make me perfer, even more, to live around all black people smh. white people commit crimes, black people commit crimes, asians, hispanics etc smh

Old 10-08-2010, 12:56 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
When residents there stop getting carjacked and robbed by 12 year old black kids, then maybe you'd get more to join you.
hmm so if they were living in Warren getting carjacked by 12 yr old white kids, would it be any better?

whats funny is I recently almost got carjacked by a WHITE guy in brightmoor! smh

people need to stop judging by skin, its old and played out

Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,525,097 times
SMH! SMH! For the love of Pete, detroitlove, please start using different expressions to convey your sense of frustration!

Last edited by maclock; 10-08-2010 at 01:58 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post

In 18 months it hasn't happened. Stay away from Eastland and your good.

Has any of your white, middle class neighborhoods netted you guys a 40% return on investment in the past 18 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit