U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,525,987 times
Reputation: 578

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Never once did I mention CRIME.
False. You mentioned the removal of copper from a property without permission. That is a crime.

Please improve your rhetoric and try again.

 
Old 11-09-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Shakedown Street
1,451 posts, read 2,490,213 times
Reputation: 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I've been jipped!!! I'm white but didn't get my good-compass that directs me to great places to live!
With you living in a zip code of 92% white, I think it is working pretty good.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 10:10 AM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,525,987 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
With you living in a zip code of 92% white, I think it is working pretty good.
ROTFLMAO!!! I would have thought that too when I was a racist. Not having any African-Americans around to blame for all the ills of society forced me to expand my small mind.

What was most shocking is that in Michigan, us bigots blamed the African-Americans for everything. Here, the same losers blame the Hispanics instead.

In the white rural ghettos of the south, I guess they blame the north. The Chinese blame the Japanese. The socialists blame the capitalists. Santa blames the Easter Bunny.

Consider taking a step back from your beliefs. When you consider white people from an objective perspective, your trust in generalizations quickly dwindles. Maybe you'll start to question the unreasonable pressure you put on innocent African-Americans who exit the womb disadvantaged by your fantasies about white supremacy. In fact, you may find that the best argument against white supremacy are the whites themselves.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Shakedown Street
1,451 posts, read 2,490,213 times
Reputation: 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Maybe you'll start to question the unreasonable pressure you put on innocent African-Americans who exit the womb disadvantaged by your fantasies about white supremacy. In fact, you may find that the best argument against white supremacy are the whites themselves.
Since when did I mention anything about black people and white supremacy? It is a fact that when white people in general move back into an area it is gentrification, and when they move out it is in decline. Sorry if the truth gets your panties in a bunch.
It is easy to point out other people being a racist since you live in an area that has a .2% black population. What made you choose to live there?

Schools? Low crime? Lack of any sort of diversity? The fact it is 92% white?
 
Old 11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Downtown Detroit
1,497 posts, read 3,020,908 times
Reputation: 918
Dear Moderator PLEASE PLEASE end this ridiculous thread!
 
Old 11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,525,987 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Since when did I mention anything about black people and white supremacy?
That is the necessary assumption of your enthymeme.

Please improve your rhetoric and try again.

Quote:
It is a fact that when white people in general move back into an area it is gentrification, and when they move out it is in decline. Sorry if the truth gets your panties in a bunch.
They're still comfortable. That's how I know you're wrong.


Quote:
It is easy to point out other people being a racist since you live in an area that has a .2% black population. What made you choose to live there?
A desirable job with an international company. They had to bring in talent and were willing to pay the price for it. We're getting our house ready for sale and will then be heading back home to the metro area.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
8,722 posts, read 16,805,229 times
Reputation: 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
Dear Moderator PLEASE PLEASE end this ridiculous thread!
Why? How is it different from any other thread about (bashing) Detroit?

The CITY of Grand Rapids, which has been growing for the past 30 years and continues to grow, did an analysis of abandoned homes in the city to figure out what to do with them (tear them down, etc.). Know how many they pinpointed? About 30 homes. How's Detroit doing in that regard? How is it that a city like Grand Rapids, subjected to all the same rules and playing field as Detroit, is doing so much better?? Not saying GR is doing great (don't get me wrong). I'd even say that Grand Rapids is at an economic disadvantage, because the Detroit area has a much broader technical and R&D base than GR, a lot more higher ed firepower at its disposal, and a whole ton more resources to draw from. W.T.F.?

I'm not trying to start an East vs. West battle, but seriously, wtf?
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,525,987 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
How's Detroit doing in that regard?
There are houses in Detroit?
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 3,364,359 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Why? How is it different from any other thread about (bashing) Detroit?

The CITY of Grand Rapids, which has been growing for the past 30 years and continues to grow, did an analysis of abandoned homes in the city to figure out what to do with them (tear them down, etc.). Know how many they pinpointed? About 30 homes. How's Detroit doing in that regard? How is it that a city like Grand Rapids, subjected to all the same rules and playing field as Detroit, is doing so much better?? Not saying GR is doing great (don't get me wrong). I'd even say that Grand Rapids is at an economic disadvantage, because the Detroit area has a much broader technical and R&D base than GR, a lot more higher ed firepower at its disposal, and a whole ton more resources to draw from. W.T.F.?

I'm not trying to start an East vs. West battle, but seriously, wtf?

Seriously you are comparing Grand Rapids to Detroit? Grand Rapids at it's largest never even hit 200k. Detroit was 1.8 million. Grand Rapids is 45 square miles. Detroit is 138. Almost 100 square miles bigger than Grand Rapids. Detroit even after all the population loss still has a higher population density than Grand Rapids. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Cities to compare Detroit to are Chicago and Philadelphia who have both lost a good chunk of people, both have high crime rates, and both have rising poverty levels. If you are going to compare Grand Rapids to anything, it would be Ann Arbor.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
8,722 posts, read 16,805,229 times
Reputation: 3591
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
There are houses in Detroit?
Yeah, didn't Bing say he had a goal to tear down 10,000? Wowza. Detroit is just like every other city in the country, fer sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top