U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,107 posts, read 10,470,773 times
Reputation: 2474
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
Actually you're wrong. Detroit city workers did not live in Eastpointe in the early 90's because there was a law that required Detroit city workers to live in the city of Detroit then. They changed their name because people would confuse it with the east side of Detroit.
I'm telling you, the house that I lived in had all kinds of city of Detroit police officers and workers living on the street. I know because many of them came to the house parties we threw (there were a ton of young guys on the force). Maybe they lived there illegally (desperation makes for a great motivator). Maybe the house was technically right on the border of East Detroit/City of Detroit. I could be wrong (I'll admit).

They changed their name shortly after that because they didn't want "Detroit" in their name, period. I think it was 92 or 93.

I swear I'm done this time. Way too much energy wasted on this topic today.

 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,183,353 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
If you are going to be one of the people who'd like to bring Detroit back from the brink of extinction, you'd better get a thicker skin. You have to be honest with yourself and realize you're dealing with a city that is probably the worst on the planet, for crime, for outmigration, for disrepair, for disfunctionality, for everything. I've even heard people compare it to former Soviet bloc countries that emptied out after the fall of the Soviet Union (in other words, there's nothing in the U.S. to compare it to). When I drive down the Lodge and literally lose count of the number of burned out and boarded up homes, no one can possibly make any serious claim that Detroit is only a victim of "perception." IT'S RIGHT THERE BEFORE YOUR EYES. Unless you want to tell me that the "burned out" look is the next big thing, and each one of those contains a middle class family who enjoys not having any windows or insulation in their home.

Start from there, quit whining like a little girl, and start making some changes. (and stop sending me messages to ban people from the site who haven't done anything wrong but say bad things about Detroit).
lmmfao I live in Detroit, I go to school in Detroit, majority of my family and friends are in Detroit. This post clearly confirms what I thought in the first place. The moderaters will allow anything that they themselves believe to be said on C-D but if someone that lives in a city constantly getting bashed from people who have never stepped foot in it then that person is wrong???????? I'll send what I want....just like the people on here making comments they want to make. You don't have to tell me **** about my city since I live here, I don't just "drive through". FYI many cities are going through some of the same problems. You must be one of those suburban people who constantly talk but never interact with Detroiters or spend time in the city to really know anything. smh
 
Old 11-09-2010, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,183,353 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
The funny part is I get a warning that only says "trolling" yet the moderators troll themselves.
yes obviously, I knew it was a reason that someone can come on C-D and continue to bash and bash until they are blue in the face without the moderators closing threads or deleting any post but as soon as I make a thread calling these people out.......I get an infraction
 
Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 790,894 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I get an infection
See a doctor and then eliminate the cause.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,183,353 times
Reputation: 616
I'm sorry but this site is really starting to urk my last nerve. Now I see why negative threads and comments can be constantly put on C-D because the moderator, Megellan is one of those "Detroit haters". Right now I'm definitely feeling like **** City Data. I'm so sick of the constant bashing, especially since most of what people say is clearly what they get off channel 2 news and not actual facts. The fact that Ohio248, zthatzman and many others can come to City Data everyday solely to talk down a city and insist that the majority of its residents are thugs looking to rob or kill people is ridiculous. Megellan I really hope in the future that you wouldn't be so damn quick to judge Detroit without you actually stopping in neighborhoods and interacting with the people. Its mighty funny how you can tell me not write you to telling you to ban someone who sole purpose is to bash Detroit, Chicago, Brooklyn and many other cities but you can let people bash Detroit???? smh **** you too!. I'm so done with City Data. I appreciate the more positive people on here like Reminisc and Forstarters. The people who can aknowledge the good without downplaying the bad....so to you I say good luck with everything. Reminisc with your new home in the Marina District and Forstarters for constantly spreading positive news but as far as 99% of the posters go.........I'm so good on them.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,183,353 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Get over it, Detroit is a TOILET.
I hope you run into one of the thugs in Detroit
 
Old 11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 790,894 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Right now I'm definitely feeling
With respect, that's your first problem. You think your feelings matter to anyone. They don't, my friend. They don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I hope you run into one of the thugs in Detroit
Say what? You don't know B to the bees? I was rollin' with that ----- since way back, doo. Burts is the definition of Detroit thug, kid.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 11-09-2010 at 05:53 PM..
 
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,107 posts, read 10,470,773 times
Reputation: 2474
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I'm sorry but this site is really starting to urk my last nerve. Now I see why negative threads and comments can be constantly put on C-D because the moderator, Megellan is one of those "Detroit haters". Right now I'm definitely feeling like **** City Data. I'm so sick of the constant bashing, especially since most of what people say is clearly what they get off channel 2 news and not actual facts. The fact that Ohio248, zthatzman and many others can come to City Data everyday solely to talk down a city and insist that the majority of its residents are thugs looking to rob or kill people is ridiculous. Megellan I really hope in the future that you wouldn't be so damn quick to judge Detroit without you actually stopping in neighborhoods and interacting with the people. Its mighty funny how you can tell me not write you to telling you to ban someone who sole purpose is to bash Detroit, Chicago, Brooklyn and many other cities but you can let people bash Detroit???? smh **** you too!. I'm so done with City Data. I appreciate the more positive people on here like Reminisc and Forstarters. The people who can aknowledge the good without downplaying the bad....so to you I say good luck with everything. Reminisc with your new home in the Marina District and Forstarters for constantly spreading positive news but as far as 99% of the posters go.........I'm so good on them.
OMG, what a load of BS. I'd actually like you to stay at C-D and help tell the Detroit story that maybe many are missing (including me). But if you're giving ultimatums, you can leave. This is a site that is offered FREE to its members. Just sayin.
 
Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Status: "Campaigning 4 State House" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Mid-Town
7,342 posts, read 9,293,494 times
Reputation: 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I'm sorry but this site is really starting to urk my last nerve. Now I see why negative threads and comments can be constantly put on C-D because the moderator, Megellan is one of those "Detroit haters". Right now I'm definitely feeling like **** City Data. I'm so sick of the constant bashing, especially since most of what people say is clearly what they get off channel 2 news and not actual facts. The fact that Ohio248, zthatzman and many others can come to City Data everyday solely to talk down a city and insist that the majority of its residents are thugs looking to rob or kill people is ridiculous. Megellan I really hope in the future that you wouldn't be so damn quick to judge Detroit without you actually stopping in neighborhoods and interacting with the people. Its mighty funny how you can tell me not write you to telling you to ban someone who sole purpose is to bash Detroit, Chicago, Brooklyn and many other cities but you can let people bash Detroit???? smh **** you too!. I'm so done with City Data. I appreciate the more positive people on here like Reminisc and Forstarters. The people who can aknowledge the good without downplaying the bad....so to you I say good luck with everything. Reminisc with your new home in the Marina District and Forstarters for constantly spreading positive news but as far as 99% of the posters go.........I'm so good on them.

Did I not just say how I love Detroit?? My previous post had NOTHING negative about DETROIT..I even passed on any Kawamee jokes and that ain't easy...

In fact I believe my last half dozen posts have ben PRO-DETROIT...so insecurities and feeling of persecution fail to show my previous posts being bashing the D and as for me saying I --- talk down a city and insist that the majority of its residents are thugs looking to rob or kill people is ridiculous -- as I HAVE NEVER said this about the fine citizens of the "D"
Look in the mirror B4 u assume...
 
Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 1,982,136 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Did I not just say how I love Detroit?? My previous post had NOTHING negative about DETROIT..I even passed on any Kawamee jokes and that ain't easy...

In fact I believe my last half dozen posts have ben PRO-DETROIT...so insecurities and feeling of persecution fail to show my previous posts being bashing the D and as for me saying I --- talk down a city and insist that the majority of its residents are thugs looking to rob or kill people is ridiculous -- as I HAVE NEVER said this about the fine citizens of the "D"
Look in the mirror B4 u assume...

I give you credit for structuring your post in somewhat formidable paragraphs instead of the nice haiku's you used to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top