Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I notice that you didn't answer either of my questions here. It sounds like you've flipped scripts and rather than going for the isolated crime argument are now going for the "it's the poverty" argument.

Would you like to support any of your arguments with evidence? Because, it seems that I have FBI stats on my side but you have rapidly oscillating excuses on your's.

The FBI says that crime occurs, on average, 40% higher in Detroit than Chicago. Do you have any thing-- N. E. Thing?-- to counter that?

DLove, you might want to get in on this because it is your argument.

i was answering someone else and I didn't change. The other poster said drug trade was done by gangs and in Detroit that isn't the case. The drug criminals are not as organized as in Chicago. The murders are committed in large part due to bad drug deals. In your over 12 posts per day it's clear your routine as resident troll. We know you don't live here and yet you continue to sniff out any positive thread about Detroit in your ongoing quest to bring down the city. There's really no point to engage in conversation with you. I have no idea what point you're trying to prove. We all know Detroit is in bad shape.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolls View Post
The drug criminals are not as organized as in Chicago. The murders are committed in large part due to bad drug deals.
Evidence. Are more innocent people affected by crime? If so, please cite the evidence.

Quote:
In your over 12 posts per day it's clear your routine as resident troll. We know you don't live here and yet you continue to sniff out any positive thread about Detroit in your ongoing quest to bring down the city.
Ooh, rhetoric! Please cite the evidence

Quote:
I have no idea what point you're trying to prove.
There's the problem. I'm not trying to prove anything. You're trying to prove that Detroit's crime is somehow unique.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 PM

530 posts, read 1,551,321 times
Thinking about drugs in The D....

The current state of Detroit is partially a result of drug culture.

At one time Detroit had a very organized and successful drug culture going.

Young Boys Inc. (You may have to google).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Boys_Inc.

Chambers Brothers (gang)

Chambers Brothers (gang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Detroit Drug Empire Showed All the Traits of Big Business

Detroit Drug Empire Showed All the Traits of Big Business - New York Times

Last edited by fmax; 11-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Corrected link

Old 11-17-2010, 05:47 PM

655 posts, read 2,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I tried this, and the little orange guy was shot and then mugged, and then shot again.
This? From a moderator? Is it any wonder this forum is so....

Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
One example
The fact that while the murder rate is high (not doubting that) well over half of the murders in the city come directly from the drug trade. The media makes it seems as if anyone walking down the street in broad daylight in Detroit will get killed. The media always trying to tell you otherwise. I hate that. More than likely if you're not involved in the drug game, no one is going to bother you. While there are exceptions (innocent people getting murdered) that is far from case the majority time. Also the majority of murders involve people who know each other over personal disputes (wether drug related or not).

Yes, that gets quite tiresome. If I believed the media...well I'd be dead since I have been all over this city at all hours of the day and night. Maybe I could see more of the violence if I was into committing crimes.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
Yes, that gets quite tiresome. If I believed the media...well I'd be dead since I have been all over this city at all hours of the day and night. Maybe I could see more of the violence if I was into committing crimes.
Yeah but the funny part of that is that it's not the media. It's the FBI.

I prefer statistics to anecdotes and the stats suggest that Detoit is hell on earth.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Yeah but the funny part of that is that it's not the media. It's the FBI.

I prefer statistics to anecdotes and the stats suggest that Detoit is hell on earth.
Well hello from Hell. The weather is nice.

Seriously...if all you can do is sling mud, why even bother coming here. Isn't there a horse you can club?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Nevermind, you don't have to answer that. It's easy.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 PM

758 posts, read 1,961,743 times
Detroit isn't hell on earth. That's a silly exaggeration. It is tough, though.

And, again, abandoned neighborhoods aren't high-crime neighborhoods. Occupied neighborhoods have most of the crime.

So for Detroit, Brightmoor, Briggs or City Airport- relatively low crime

7 Mile/Gratiot, 6 Mile/Wyoming, or Dexter Davison- relatively high crime

If there are virtually no people, there isn't going to be a lot of crime. You need criminals and victims to have crime.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
Seriously...if all you can do is sling mud,
I don't sling mud! I tell the truth. I love Detroit and it has a lot to offer as does the rest of the state. However, if people wish to claim that the crime rate shouldn't be considered, then I'd like to know why.

That's the question. How can you say that Detroit isn't as bad as it's made out to be when it has the, or nearly the, highest crime in the nation?

Just tell the truth. Detroit's on the rebound. There are improvements all over. Bing's the man. Just don't misrepresent and say that the crime isn't bad. It's horrendous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit