U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM

17 posts, read 2,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
LoL

Nearly Half Of Black Men Found Jobless - New York Times

I think what you don't seem to understand is regardless of what you or others like or don't like.......I don't have to agree with it. I like "thick women" with curves more than I like thin women with no curves and washboard abs...lol. So what do I care that some magazine rated Detroit the "fattest" city? Also, as the link above shows its not just Detroit city where black folks are catching hell, its just that Detroit is the blackest city. Does Detroit have some run down areas....sure. But it has nice areas also. There were similar pictures of the South Bronx in the 70's. As time passes Detroit slums will have rebirth as well. The bottom line is that I really love Detroit......regardless of how much you or others hate it. I am not here to convince you that Detroit is great. I here to convince you that you cannot convince me that Detroit is terrible.
Well we can only agree to disagree. And i will tell you i lived in Europe as well i am not just the average guy you will find in the streets. I have been in more than 15 countries in my life so i have a brighter horizon than most people. Nothing wrong with curvy women. There is a difference with being curvy and unhealthy

Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,558,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2MI View Post
Well we can only agree to disagree. And i will tell you i lived in Europe as well i am not just the average guy you will find in the streets. I have been in more than 15 countries in my life so i have a brighter horizon than most people. Nothing wrong with curvy women. There is a difference with being curvy and unhealthy
LOL....you really sound like someone who is trying to make himself credible so you can make yourself "the arbiter"....lol. Whether its healthy or not in many cultures "fuller" women are seen as better looking than skinny women. So saying that Detroit women are not attractive.......is again subjective......regardless of how many countries you have been too.

I take it that this is you

Dos Equis - The Most Interesting Man In The World - YouTube

Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
LOL....you really sound like someone who is trying to make himself credible so you can make yourself "the arbiter"....lol. Whether its healthy or not in many cultures "fuller" women are seen as better looking than skinny women. So saying that Detroit women are not attractive.......is again subjective......regardless of how many countries you have been too.

I take it that this is you

Dos Equis - The Most Interesting Man In The World - YouTube
I find your post quite amusing my friend #Dos Equis voice#. But seriously i never said Detroit women are unattractive. I only said it is not so healthy to be overweight. You actually have higher risk of heart failure, high cholesterol level so forth and so so on. But i never meant people were ugly in Detroit i mean i have no big interest in the city. I hung out in the city before but then i stopped there is really nothing to do. It's not so much toward the people of Detroit but rather at the city itself. I think the city has to do better.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,558,827 times
Quote:
I find your post quite amusing my friend #Dos Equis voice#. But seriously i never said Detroit women are unattractive. I only said it is not so healthy to be overweight. You actually have higher risk of heart failure, high cholesterol level so forth and so so on. But i never meant people were ugly in Detroit i mean i have no big interest in the city. I hung out in the city before but then i stopped there is really nothing to do. It's not so much toward the people of Detroit but rather at the city itself. I think the city has to do better.
America has to do a lot better!!! Detroit is simply forshadowing. Don't get too smug Mr. Interesting.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:21 PM

530 posts, read 906,603 times
Here's another idea Detroit could copy - use the salt mines:

NYC’s LowLine underground park raises cash on Kickstarter

NYC

Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,465,421 times
Ok... You have made so many post on here that I can't even remember all that you said. But I will reply to some of the ones I do remember. You said most Detroit swagg is some rocawear bs and some xxl shirts??? REALLY??? now I am really convened u do not know wth you are talking about. lmao I mean when was the last time you been to Detroit??? '06??? XXL shirts??? haha lmao. "come on son" be real, you don't spend much time in the city to know all of these things. Im still on the rocawear lol smh naw "son" try Trues, Adidas, Pradas, Burberry, Polo, meks, snapbacks, gucci, louie, Cartier ect. True enough there are a decent amount of bums in every city so.. whatever.

About the waterparks thing? Detroit Water Parks - Directory of Water Parks in Detroit - Pure Michigan Travel and no im not counting the hotel ones

Im lying about the people walking down the street??? really???
here are just some people chillin in Detroit

Parellee On BelleIsle(Detroit) - YouTube
that was back in '08 (the height of Detroit's problems)

FOOLIN ON FENKELL - YouTube
no event going on there but it is one of the WORST areas of Detroit and it was shot around 12 noon like they said and there are STILL people walking down the street. Just pay attention (excuse their amateur camera skills and convo).

Belle Isle 2010- Detroit- Pt. VII (Leaving Belle Isle) - YouTube
a few people walking down the street here too
I never said it was like Manhattan rush hour like your used to. We don't have 30,000 people per square mile like your used to. We have 6,000 per square mile, sorry. But if people weren't hanging out the crime rate in Detroit damn sure wouldn't be that high.

Now, I forgot what else you said, but it's clear you don't like Detroit or miss the hell out of NYC (or eastcoast in general) or both? whatever the case it is perfectly fine. Detroit is not for everybody no more than NYC, Cleveland, SF, Atl, or small town, USA is. You should probably just cut your losses now and go back east and say "Detroit just wasn't for me, not my type of place", im pretty sure you would feel much better.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM

8,696 posts, read 6,871,551 times
Quote:
How about when 11 people attacked my opinion. It said detroit vs other cities i said Detroit cannot really compare to other cities.
He is right here. That was the OP question. He is also right when he says that a lot of Detroit is a dump. That is a known fact. If it wasn't then this thread would be about 1/3 of what it is. Sadly.

There is a difference between loving your dump and hating your dump. Those who love it will defend it no matter what the facts are. Not talking about what the future could hold for Detroit, but talking about Detroit today. Is it better than yesterday? One can only hope.

One can read between the lines as to what is opinion and what is truth. There was some truth in some of his posts. Plenty of opinion. But, I think when you have traveled and lived in so many other large cities, you do get shocked at the ones that are in the shape Detroit is. Especially because, at one time, it was one of the greats.

I have traveled to a few he mentioned, only lived in one other and that is Las Vegas, and trust me when I say that LV gets bashed fiercely. Most of it seems to be people who came with dreams of golden streets only to find that they are also paved with asphalt. Las Vegas has it's share of issues, for sure, but it is still in better shape than Detroit. Physically, anyway. Hard to truly compare, though, as it is a much younger city.

As far as the walkability in Detroit, it is no where near what I have seen in other large cities. But...it used to be! Could be again! Would be nice. They just need to get someone to grow a pair and make it a priority.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Ok... You have made so many post on here that I can't even remember all that you said. But I will reply to some of the ones I do remember. You said most Detroit swagg is some rocawear bs and some xxl shirts??? REALLY??? now I am really convened u do not know wth you are talking about. lmao I mean when was the last time you been to Detroit??? '06??? XXL shirts??? haha lmao. "come on son" be real, you don't spend much time in the city to know all of these things. Im still on the rocawear lol smh naw "son" try Trues, Adidas, Pradas, Burberry, Polo, meks, snapbacks, gucci, louie, Cartier ect. True enough there are a decent amount of bums in every city so.. whatever.

About the waterparks thing? Detroit Water Parks - Directory of Water Parks in Detroit - Pure Michigan Travel and no im not counting the hotel ones

Im lying about the people walking down the street??? really???
here are just some people chillin in Detroit

Parellee On BelleIsle(Detroit) - YouTube
that was back in '08 (the height of Detroit's problems)

FOOLIN ON FENKELL - YouTube
no event going on there but it is one of the WORST areas of Detroit and it was shot around 12 noon like they said and there are STILL people walking down the street. Just pay attention (excuse their amateur camera skills and convo).

Belle Isle 2010- Detroit- Pt. VII (Leaving Belle Isle) - YouTube
a few people walking down the street here too
I never said it was like Manhattan rush hour like your used to. We don't have 30,000 people per square mile like your used to. We have 6,000 per square mile, sorry. But if people weren't hanging out the crime rate in Detroit damn sure wouldn't be that high.

Now, I forgot what else you said, but it's clear you don't like Detroit or miss the hell out of NYC (or eastcoast in general) or both? whatever the case it is perfectly fine. Detroit is not for everybody no more than NYC, Cleveland, SF, Atl, or small town, USA is. You should probably just cut your losses now and go back east and say "Detroit just wasn't for me, not my type of place", im pretty sure you would feel much better.
come on son take those videos down you are going to scare the suburban people away . I did not see any Gucci or Prada or whatever you are talking about. I am not sure if you are trying to embarass yourself on here just stop man. And yes i did see baggy clothes on those videos please stop. You are making Detroit look more uncivilised I am having a lot of fun here lol

Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM

MarvinStrong313 seriously you should have kept these videos for yourself. Now you just confirmed everything i said and i am sure the other people who thought i was just a troll now understand Detroit lmao there is nobody on the road what a damn shame man you did not prove anything why don't we just all move on from this discussion because i will win let's just stop i even feel bad because i have a few friends in the city lol. I SAY WELCOME TO DETROIT CITY. Well i don't know what is there to visit

Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM

6,930 posts, read 4,736,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
There is a difference between loving your dump and hating your dump. Those who love it will defend it no matter what the facts are. Not talking about what the future could hold for Detroit, but talking about Detroit today. Is it better than yesterday? One can only hope.
This is true too, and that sums up all the posts in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit