Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:50 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,288 times

Advertisements

Oh another thing.
Public Housing and Ghettos are nothing but breeding grounds for criminals.
If you are not from one, do not reply because you don't know.
Most Poor Blacks live in Projects or Hoods, and this is where you learn the criminal mind at a young age for survival.
These people come from places where walking on the wrong block can mean death and where sleeping on your bed and not on the floor can mean the difference between getting the crap scared out of you and being shot in your sleep from a stray bullet.
It is generational. At a young age they learn to make theres and say f*** everyone else.

Like 2Pac said...
"Forever ghetto, its nessesary, picture food stamps/
Outlawz an thug n!ggas that were born into a warzone/
That can't ever escape the bootcamp/"

Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 AM

999 posts, read 4,526,781 times
Quote:
These people come from places where walking on the wrong block can mean death and where sleeping on your bed and not on the floor can mean the difference between getting the crap scared out of you and being shot in your sleep from a stray bullet.
How many people were shot lately because they were sleeping in bed instead of the floor?

Support your statement please. Sounds like so much drama to me.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
How many people were shot lately because they were sleeping in bed instead of the floor?

Support your statement please. Sounds like so much drama to me.
I'm speaking for personal experience, there are no stats and shootings in the ghetto usually don't make the news unless an outsider who is White got shot there, the murder was just so incredibly brutal, or they already found who did it.

Like I said, personal experience. It is common practice in Housing Projects around the whole United states to sleep on the floor, especially if they are on the first 3 floors. In some places the violence is so bad children sleep in the bathroom.
A kid who went to my Elementary School, his little brother was shot by a stray thru the window while sleeping. Thank God he was alright, but it still scarred him deeply both emotionally and physically. He was only 6. I personally slept on the floor quite a bit of my life.

If you don't believe me and think its not real READ the book Hardball: A Season in the Projects. Its a great book and it DOESN'T exaggerate.
It chronicles the lives of a few children in Cabrini Green. One of the kids his Mother forces him to sleep on the ground because a stray bullet went thru there window once and missed him by only inches.

Most People who could help in some way really are clueless.
Growing up I always thought they knew but didn't care.
Now I know they just have never experienced or seen it, and its sad.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:00 PM

362 posts, read 1,502,366 times
Wasn't there a little girl shot just recently while sleeping in her bed?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:49 PM

Bullets go where the gun is pointed. An easier way to keep your kid safe is to not hang out with people who are likely to cause guns to be pointed at your house. Still waiting to see how many of Detroit's hundreds of homicides per year are kids who were sleeping in their beds instead of the floor.....

Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Bullets go where the gun is pointed. An easier way to keep your kid safe is to not hang out with people who are likely to cause guns to be pointed at your house. Still waiting to see how many of Detroit's hundreds of homicides per year are kids who were sleeping in their beds instead of the floor.....
This post is particularly disturbing.
Shows that you truly are clueless and worst of all. Human life to you... Is not valuable.
But than again you are probably a racist who doesn't consider poor Blacks to be human.
I'm slowly becoming desensitized to people like you. Ignorance is rampant.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 AM

.......stillll waiting....and if you knew anything about guns, bullets and Detroit, you'd know that many rounds will easily penetrate an aluminum sided Detroit bungalow. If there were kids being shot in their beds by "stray" bullets to the extent that it's reasonable to take the "precaution" of sleeping on the floor for safety, you'd see children on the floor being shot too from rounds that went right through the wall.

Maybe you can post some of those too.

Quote:
Ignorance is rampant.
You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinkit View Post
Wasn't there a little girl shot just recently while sleeping in her bed?
I don't know...Seriously wouldn't surprise me.

I was looking at a murder map of Englewood in Chicago a while back, and it was pretty shocking how quite a few of murder victims were just random people standing in there living room, or in there front yard watering flowers who got hit by random shots an died.
One was a little boy who was watching TV in the living room got hit an died right in his house.
And another one was an old lady who was watering her plants on her side yard and a stray also hit her.

Different instances on different days under different circumstances. All on the same block less than 50 feet from each other.
Actually Englewood in Chicago really is crazy. The murders stack up on top of each other in some parts. I'm sure its like that in Detroit too.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
.......stillll waiting....and if you knew anything about guns, bullets and Detroit, you'd know that many round will easily penetrate an aluminum sided Detroit bungalow. If there were kids being shot in their beds to the extent that they had to sleep on the floor for safety, you'd see children on the floor being shot too from rounds that went right through the wall.

Maybe you can post some of those too.

You hit the nail on the head with that one.
I find it hilarious how you refuse to quote a complete post of mine. Only nitpick at certain areas. I don't do the same for you.
Also what are you waiting for? Do you think I have a magical link for you for a statistic that isn't really accounted for? Further-more, do you think I care? I know the REALITY'S behind stupid statistics that do nothing but de-humanize victims, so they don't interest me. If you are really interested look into it yourself.

I don't care about Bullets, I don't care about Detroit Bungalows or any of that other bull. Ive never even been to "The D" I'm speaking from personal real life experiences, and I know where Ive lived is really nice compared to alot of places in Detroit.

Plus it doesn't matter what the ballistics are. Sleeping on the floor is safer than next to a big window. Maybe thats why Ive heard of kids sleeping in bathtubs before. I never really understood that, but it makes sense now with the kind of housing you are talking about.

The bottomline is, is that its sad stuff like this happens and its pathetic that people like you don't think it matters unless theres a statistic to prove it.
I imagine if you had ever been shot at, robbed, or beatin into a pulp for walking thru the wrong complex on accident to get to the corner store you would have a different view.

But its cool. Stay inside your little bubble, its warm. Even if there was statistics for such things you wouldn't be satisfied because it doesn't directly effect you, and you are a selfish pig.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
The bottomline is, is that its sad stuff like this happens and its pathetic that people like you don't think it matters unless theres a statistic to prove it.
I imagine if you had ever been shot at, robbed, or beatin into a pulp for walking thru the wrong complex on accident to get to the corner store you would have a different view.

But its cool. Stay inside your little bubble, its warm. Even if there was statistics for such things you wouldn't be satisfied because it doesn't directly effect you, and you are a selfish pig.
Your righteous indignation is duly noted. What have you done about it besides "care" a whole bunch? I've been shot at, stabbed, assaulted, sued and have had various other unpleasant experiences while locking up dangerous felons. How about you?

Here, show me the percentage of Detroit homicides that are kids shot by stray bullets while sleeping in their beds:
Google
Detroit News Online
Detroit Free Press - www.freep.com - Your local Detroit news source.

Those kinds of homicides make the paper every time. You seem to know all about it. Tell me how often it happens. Or would you rather talk about the OTHER 99.99% of homicides that aren't the result of "stray bullets" and save the hypberbole and drama for Oprah?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit