U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,702,215 times

Advertisements

So back on topic. I understand older homes take more money to maintain than new construction. I was just thinking as far as architecture though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,022,062 times
Is this the one time that I can brag about basically not having a car?! (It's been commandeered by the girlfriend) Haha.

Btw, keep the good news train rolling!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM

970 posts, read 2,541,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
2.73!!!!!!! where the *bleep* was I?!!! FML. I bet it was, gas is crazy right now! I drive a Nissan Mazima, I feel bad for you lol
I'll have to give you a call next time I see gas that low!

But, you know, I remember when gas was CHEAP. You're probably not old enough to remember these days, but when I got my first car, $.70 a gallon was considered expensive!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
So back on topic.
Right.

Personally, I think the homes in the area off 7 Mile between Woodward and Livernois (Palmer, Sherwood, Green Acres), are the city's nicest. Big, beautiful homes that showcase Detroit's amazing past and promising future. Driving through there, in the shadows of these gorgeous homes, ranging from simple colonials to colossal tudors that dominate entire city blocks, you'll find yourself thinking 'They just don't build houses like this anymore'.

God, I should write travel brochures for the city.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
Is this the one time that I can brag about basically not having a car?! (It's been commandeered by the girlfriend) Haha.

Btw, keep the good news train rolling!
Oh how I envy you

Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
I'll have to give you a call next time I see gas that low!

But, you know, I remember when gas was CHEAP. You're probably not old enough to remember these days, but when I got my first car, $.70 a gallon was considered expensive!
No not old enough for that but old enough to remember my sister and her friends complaining when she was in high school and it was .99-just over a dollar! I'd give anything right now lol

Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Right.

Personally, I think the homes in the area off 7 Mile between Woodward and Livernois (Palmer, Sherwood, Green Acres), are the city's nicest. Big, beautiful homes that showcase Detroit's amazing past and promising future. Driving through there, in the shadows of these gorgeous homes, ranging from simple colonials to colossal tudors that dominate entire city blocks, you'll find yourself thinking 'They just don't build houses like this anymore'.

God, I should write travel brochures for the city.
you definitely should

Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 AM

24,720 posts, read 59,631,443 times
Quote:
Yeah, whats up with gas prices?!? I drive a Yukon, and I've been driving on fumes as much as possible lately. Its always good to save a little money. I was at my sister's in Roseville the other day, and they had gas for $2.73 up by her house, and cars were lined up around the block!

That is amazing.

Did they require you to buy an overpriced bad car wash to get the lower price? I see that a lot.

Where is the light rail guy. I am surprised that he has not discovered this threat as a good place to expouse the glories of light rail.

What was this topic about anyway?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
That is amazing.

Did they require you to buy an overpriced bad car wash to get the lower price? I see that a lot.

Where is the light rail guy. I am surprised that he has not discovered this threat as a good place to expouse the glories of light rail.

What was this topic about anyway?
I'm not sure about all the specifics of it, lol. We kinda just zipped by, and my wife noticed the traffic jam.

She joked that people were probably coming from as far as Redford to save all that money on gas! Probably some truth in that, though.

But, the thread was about new vs. old architecture elements in Detroit, believe it or not.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:38 AM

655 posts, read 1,949,224 times
I'd prefer old but not the grand old. I like small homes. New would be the way to go if I had the money to commission and have it built. Then again with things so cheap I could alway buy a house and change it to suit my needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or