U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
Reputation: 646

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
What do people have to do to be a "real" Detroiter in your book? Heck, what is a "real" Detroiter?

Since you're always putting crap on those who don't wear the rose-colored glasses as you do, I want to know what your standards are like.
funny I have on "rose colored glasses" because I'm not a negative person smh

you should know what a real Detroiter is since you live here

 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,468,962 times
Reputation: 5563
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
you should know what a real Detroiter is since you live here
But you say I don't live here and I should move, so that's why I asking you what a real Detroiter is.
 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
But you say I don't live here and I should move, so that's why I asking you what a real Detroiter is.
you tell me.....you live here, you should know
 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,468,962 times
Reputation: 5563
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
you tell me.....you live here, you should know
Why do you crap on people who don't march to your "rah rah" tune?

Really, this is getting nowhere. It's impossible to have a objective discussion with you because you get too defensive, then when people call you out on it you then want to "smh."

I'm done, I'll let you have the last word. I would also like to welcome you to my ignore list (along with a couple other people).
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
Reputation: 646
wow my feelings are hurt.........not!

lmao funny because you reply to me on EVERY thread
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,468,962 times
Reputation: 5563
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
wow my feelings are hurt.........not!

lmao funny because you reply to me on EVERY thread
Oh, I forgot to ask, how old are you?
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Oh, I forgot to ask, how old are you?
I'll tell you my age when you can tell me what area you live.....the question you seem to avoid
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,468,962 times
Reputation: 5563
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I'll tell you my age when...
That's all I need to know, have a great life.
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Detroit
655 posts, read 1,948,469 times
Reputation: 197
What a waste of time. He never truly answered the question. I thought we'd actually get somewhere this time.

Rose colored glasses though? Is that what we are wearing. Then I guess he just sees blood and black skin when he and others make such an effort to demonize the city and it's residents.

I for one can do without the rah rahs. I don't really see it much in these forums. I see people who will turn almost any thread negative. It's like they have a compulsion that is hard to deny.

I live in this city and have for most of my life. I have been all over the city at all hours of night. I've never been robbed. I lack all manor of street sense apparently but I've done ok. To here some tell it, I should have been on drugs, raped or killed by now. It's so hard for them to believe that I could do that.

I don't think the city is great or even good. It's just a city plugging along half full waiting for a come back that outside of ousting the remaining residents, people don't seem to care. They'd save a decaying hulk and then put poor residents out on the street of another city in a heartbeat as long as it wasn't near them.

Congrats detroitlove, you've been ignored. Wanna cry on my shoulder? No, darn.

Last edited by Slappy san; 06-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Added some extra rambling...
 
Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,700,655 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
What a waste of time. He never truly answered the question. I thought we'd actually get somewhere this time.

Rose colored glasses though? Is that what we are wearing. Then I guess he just sees blood and black skin when he and others make such an effort to demonize the city and it's residents.

I for one can do without the rah rahs. I don't really see it much in these forums. I see people who will turn almost any thread negative. It's like they have a compulsion that is hard to deny.

I live in this city and have for most of my life. I have been all over the city at all hours of night. I've never been robbed. I lack all manor of street sense apparently but I've done ok. To here some tell it, I should have been on drugs, raped or killed by now. It's so hard for them to believe that I could do that.

I don't think the city is great or even good. It's just a city plugging along half full waiting for a come back that outside of ousting the remaining residents, people don't seem to care. They'd save a decaying hulk and then put poor residents out on the street of another city in a heartbeat as long as it wasn't near them.

Congrats detroitlove, you've been ignored. Wanna cry on my shoulder? No, darn.
lol well said! See how he claims he lives in Detroit but he can't tell me where and all I've asked for, a couple of times, is an area. Not a street. He stalks my posts so much he should know my age and anything else about since i've said it time and time again. I don't how many times I've said I attend U of D, I've lived in the same neighborhood forever with exception of two years out of state for school, I live of East 6mile and outer drive, I'm ____ yrs old lmao, I have fam in (insert eastside neighborhood here) but also have fam west and friends east, west, southwest ect, I went to King High school........anything else? clearly I live in Detroit and I'm far from ashamed to tell people that.......proudly! I don't think of the city in "one" way, I see it many ways. I've hung out/half way grew up in all type of areas from downtown, to Indian Village to Rosedale Park to the king homes, to McD Squares, The Brewsters, 7mile, East Warren, Zone 8 (Dexter-Linwood), Black Bottom, East English Village and many many more without feeling unsafe or have had anything happen to me. Hell, i sit on my porch until 3am sometimes. I'm still here, unharmed. The only incident that happened to me was recently when some white dude attempted to carjack me in Brightmoore. But yet I don't, and never will, blame the whole city for what HE tried to do.

but I guess I have on rose colored glasses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top