Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 11,207 times

Advertisements

Hello Ferndale Peoples and those who come to visit: I am excited about the "Dream Cruise". Most people are. Today is Thursday, the day before Ferndale starts their detours. Why did they start on Thursday? To make more money? For whom? Not us people, who walk and take public transportation. They take the fun out of the cruise. I feel, its a great time to get with the old. You heard the stories and now you can see the cars. Its worth seeing if you never seen it. But when you have to walk around the detours it's a pain. Don't worry I am not buying anything during the cruise. I am not a business either. Just a walking pedestrian. Who pays taxes! Who votes! Too late to care about me and many others. I will see the cars, when I walk a mile from detour, a day before the cruise. Thanks Ferndale!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
What are the "detours"? Are they detouring traffic off Woodward? Detouring pedestrians? Buses?

During the Eastpointe Cruise on Gratiot, they have a designated lane for the cruisers, but no detours I'm aware of.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:53 AM

902 posts, read 1,926,275 times
I grew up in Ferndale . The Dream Cruise originally started in Ferndale , and only the downtown area on 9 Mile Rd. is blocked off (Mustang Alley/displays) Woodward is wide open with a lane for cruisers . btw its brings in alot of loot for Ferndale and other community's .

Old 08-22-2011, 06:04 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,906,480 times
Back when the Gratiot Cruise was bigger back in the '00s, pretty much every intersection and Michigan turnaround completely crossing Gratiot was closed, with the possible exception of Toepfer. (I remember crossing Gratiot at Toepfer one year, probably '01 or '02.) The Gratiot Cruise isn't nearly what it was ten years ago, but if Roseville comes on board and Clinton Township can do theirs the same day, it might be something once again.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 AM

18 posts, read 39,583 times
That's why I make sure I'm away on "vacation" during the Dream Cruise, as I live in Royal Oak, in the middle of it. Won't have to deal with the traffic and detours and noise etc etc. I love cars, but I've seen it a couple of times, and after that, it's all the same.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Maybe for the people who come from out of state to attend this? It may attract more people because of that.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM

159 posts, read 558,725 times
The Woodward Dream Cruise seems to be waning. Some cities are terminating their support for it, due to the economy & the complaints of locals.

The Dream Cruise used to be great, but these days, for every true hot-rod, muscle-car or something else *interesting* to see/hear, there's some fool in a loud beater or yuppie in a 2010 Corvette in front or behind them.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM

333 posts, read 1,154,494 times
The dream cruise was fun when I lived in Hazel Park and the most of it you saw was some assorted classic cars driving down the street. Now, living in Royal Oak, the dream cruise is a pure nuisance. Parking is backed up for blocks on end, there are people drag racing down the street, and obviously the traffic is beyond annoying.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 11,207 times
Yes, your correct it started in Ferndale. But we all know that Woodward Avenue is a long stretch. Those cities that participate get some kind of money from the Dream Cruise. What about peoples who live in those cities?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM

30 posts, read 79,233 times
I too live in Ferndale and I am tired of people parking infront of my house during the dream cruise. I bought a brand new Chrysler a month or two before the cruise and I had my old 94 Cutlass which I recently sold out in the street.

Well come dream cruise time, I had to move my Cutlass on my lawn so that nobody would hit it trying to park in front of my house and leave a dent while I was trying to get rid of it. Well turns out that one of the people parking infront of my house was on vacation staying at one of my neighbors houses, I had to leave my car on my lawn for 4 days after dream cruise weekend was over because their car was centered infront of my house.

Needless to say it left a big dead patch in my lawn where the tires were cuz the car didn't move all week. Those people never moved their car because everyone elses' houses had their own cars out at that point. Thanks dream cruise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: