Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,683 times

Advertisements

3-0, and have won their last 7 regular season games. Still early in the season, but it is hard to not get excited.

Today:

The 20-point halftime deficit was the largest the Lions have ever overcome to win a regular season game.

Calvin Johnson became the first player in NFL history with at least two receiving TD in each of a team's first three games of a season.

The Lions improve to 3-0 for the first time since 1980, when Barry Sanders was just 12 years old.

Hanson extended his NFL record of 50-yarders to 47 in his career.

Lions 4 straight road wins is longest road streak since end of 1969 (1 gm) and beginning of 1970 (3 gms) seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,114 times
First time they won an away game against Minnesota since '97. I was watching it today. I got a little worried around half time and at the end but they came out on top. Looks like the curse of the Lions are officially over

Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,599,691 times
3 wins is good enough for me. I'm convinced they'll go pretty far this year. I'm still not saying Superbowl, but if it happens, you won't hear any criticism from me!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
I had to come to the Michigan forum just to make sure you guys were talking about them! I have been a fan of them for many many years, mainly because I was a fan of Barry Sanders (since he is from Kansas) and after he retired, I decided to stick with the team. I get criticized all the time for being a fan of "losers", but those critics have become silent. We have a tough test next week against Dallas though.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Lions Mania will sweep the Metro! I'm pumped. They just humiliated the Vikings in Minnesota and now the Vikings season is probably over! What would be even sweeter would be a sweep of the Packers.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:28 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,102,489 times
Congratulations Detroit
Glad to see your team has turned things around.
ABOUT TIME YOU GUYS AND GALS
GEEZ:shoc ked:

At any rate enjoy the wins , Must feel really good for you Detroit fans.

This has to be the story of the year so far and I couldnt really be more happy to such a deserving group of fans!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Awesome game! This team just gets better and better, and I love their humble attitudes. Jim Schwartz is an amazing coach too. You can tell his players respect him.

In other great late breaking Detroit sports news, the Tigers just beat the Yankees to tie up the series, next game tomorrow AT COMERICA with Justin Verlander pitching. Woo-HOO!!!!

Wouldn't that be something to see the Tigers in the World Series and the Lions in the Super Bowl?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,640 times
Incredible day of sports today! Could the games get any closer?! serious nail biters all the way til the end with both the Lions and the Tigers. THANK GOODNESS the Red Wings are still playing exhibition... I don't think I could handle the stress of watching us play down to the wire.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,348,360 times
The Lions beating the cowgirls yesterday was enough to make up for my team playing pathetically. I see the superbowl this year being Detroit-New England. Congrats on being one of the few undefeated teams, I see the Lions picking up the Wildcard and depending on how Green Bay fares, possibly making it to the super bowl

Old 10-03-2011, 02:58 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
It's almost surreal. What's even better is that this amazing come-from-behind victory humiliated the Cowpokers at their Taj Mahal. I watched the game up until the score became 3-27 and then started doing something else. I came back and turned it on at the very end to see that the score was 27-30 and that the Lions had the ball and I thought to myself, WTF? Could they really do it again?

They should be 2-2 right now. It's almost as though all of the good luck that they missed out on for a decade was concentrated and applied to this season, or maybe it's just the ghost of Tom Kowalski pulling strings for them in Heaven.

I sure hope they start to play in the first half because they can't possibly keep this up forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit