Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:24 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIEng View Post
The OP is saying "really wealthy" not upper middle class. For me that means, or the question really is: Is there a neighborhood in Detroit proper with a high concentration of successful Doctors (MD's), successful business owners or company executives (CEO's, COO's, vice presidents)? Successful like top 1% successful, those are the "really wealthy".
nobody said that there are a lot of "really wealthy" but 313Weather talking about the middle class being far and in between is what I was replying to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
In the city proper, the answer by national urban standards would be 'no.'

Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 AM

32 posts, read 70,312 times
Default Sad....Just Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothertime View Post
This is 2011 and this post is old. You are right, except I know of one person who makes millions and he lives in Palmer woods. He is a Detroit Piston Player and he lives in the house the Fisher Brothers built for the Arch Biship of Detroit The house is over 35,000 square feet.
Boston Edison has fantastic homes but the area around them is pure ghetto. The word Ghetto started in Poor Jewish communities not other poor ethnics.
Indian Village, PalmerWoods, Serwood Forest, University Distric, Rosedale and North Rosedale Park, Parts of Grandmont were all the nicest places. The city had beautiful homes scatterd all through the city. Most are gone and lay in decay. There is a Frank Loyd Wright hom on 7 mile RD. I moved form Detroitin 1971 and I know the city very well. People moved out not because the blacks were moving in but because of what they stood for. The city did not go to hell because the Auto industry died. The city died because those who made it what it was moved out. Any city or country is only as good as its people. Detroit died becasue of the people who moved in. They are the ones who ran it into the gound.
That's right....I'm sure that you know what "blacks" stand for...and, of course, some of your best friends are black.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM

355 posts, read 1,230,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Yes, really.

These areas are what, 5 sq. miles in a city that's 143 sq. mi?

Several major cities have REALLY wealthy areas that large.
I hate to say it, but I agree with you :/ I would LOVE to live in Detroit again and be around my people and back in the old neighborhood, but really, even though I have the money to stay in those higher-middle class areas, it just isn't worth it to me with all the crime and the city's depleted resources. Then, they had the nerve to lay off a ton of police officers...I'm like SERIOUSLY?! with all the crime? I wouldn't want to live in a wealthy area that is right down the street from prostitutes or drug addicts. There was like ONE area that I did like that I would consider living in. For some reason, I can't think of the neighborhood, but it is located near Livernois and 7 mile. I believe the mayor and other city officials use to live there. Do anyone know what I am talking about? lol

Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajae90 View Post
I hate to say it, but I agree with you :/ I would LOVE to live in Detroit again and be around my people and back in the old neighborhood, but really, even though I have the money to stay in those higher-middle class areas, it just isn't worth it to me with all the crime and the city's depleted resources. Then, they had the nerve to lay off a ton of police officers...I'm like SERIOUSLY?! with all the crime? I wouldn't want to live in a wealthy area that is right down the street from prostitutes or drug addicts. There was like ONE area that I did like that I would consider living in. For some reason, I can't think of the neighborhood, but it is located near Livernois and 7 mile. I believe the mayor and other city officials use to live there. Do anyone know what I am talking about? lol
Probably University District, Palmer Woods, and the lesser mentioned Sherwood Forest/Green Acres. They're all in the 7 Mile and Woodward to Livernois area.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,045 times
hi,i am from berlin and want to move to detroit,indian village,iroquois street1745,could somebody told me if this house are free or who is living there? Its so very important for me

Old 02-10-2015, 12:24 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianlife View Post
hi,i am from berlin and want to move to detroit,indian village,iroquois street1745,could somebody told me if this house are free or who is living there? Its so very important for me
That home is not for sale. So presumably someone is currently living there.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:30 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,143,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianlife View Post
There is a website called Moveinmichigan.com When you search for houses type in 48214 for Indian Village

Old 02-13-2015, 12:17 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
I know I'm replying to an old post, but I'd just like to point out that Aretha Franklin lives in Bloomfield Hills, and not within the city limits of Detroit at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
The only reallly wealthy person I can think of that resides in Indian Village (though she may have more than that one home, and may not officially LIVE there) is Aretha Franklin.

Carmen Harlen also resides in Indian Viillage, but while she's a highly-paid A-list news anchor in a major city, I wouldn't consider her "REALLY" wealthy.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:49 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times
'want to be among the top in the nation? Go to Birmingham MI, Seven (7 ) miles north of Detroit City limit, you will find some condos costing more than $ 3 million U.S.

Go to Grosse Pointe live in those big azz palaces like a king. They are hell ex-pen-sive ! It is less than 4 miles from Detroit city limits , East side.

Or go to Plymouth MI rent a commercial building, you will see what it costs!

If you want to remain within the D, you might check Indian village and this little area bounded North By 8 Mile, South By 7 Mile , West by Livernois and East by Woodward.

Downtown Detroit in the Rattle Snake area and Renaissance center area are also pretty expensive.

Last edited by ThePage; 02-14-2015 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit