U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM

148 posts, read 167,572 times
I am going to say that regardless of where the hell the product comes from, he and the company have done more for the city of Detroit and its people than most. What has Susan from Freep done for the people of Detroit, or for the city?

Quoted from Kid Rock's Response:

Here’s a list of charities Made In Detroit has supported since I’ve taken over. This doesn’t include the well over $1,000,000 the Kid Rock Foundation has donated since just 2010.
Charitable Donations and Sponsorships since 2006
Light House Women’s Shelter
Tara Grant Children Fund
Rainbow Connection
Arts, Beats and Eats - Every year
Stars & Stripes Festival – Every year
Movement Festival – Every year
Detroit Music Awards – Every year
St. Mary’s Prep
Wayne State University Scholarship
DKWIO
Mikie’s Minutes
Karmanos Cancer
Capuchin Soup Kitchen
Coalition on Temporary Shelter
Haven Inc.
American Red Cross
Friends of Belle Isle
Habitat for Humanity Detroit
Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit
Youthville Detroit
Ronald McDonald House
Detroit Symphony Orchestra
Boy Scouts of America (local pack)
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Mitten's For Detroit
Boys Club of Flint
Relay For Life-American Cancer Society

Regardless of where the product comes from, the money made is going to what you see above! DETROIT, DETROIT, DETROIT and Flint! lol Plus other normal people in need with serious, life threatening conditions. He does more than I would say most people who make that kind of money do. There are soooooo many celebrities and professional sports athletes or even just business tycoons that do not make a spec of effort. Who really gives a **** what country some of the products come from, the benefits and proceeds STAY HERE. Bob has done a great job raising and donating TONS of money. He is a stand up guy regardless of what you judge by his words or public appearances.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 03-05-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM

4,148 posts, read 2,889,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I suppose it is like the Big 3 saying made in Detroit when it isn't (is there a car still made in Detroit city limits)nor do they use a majority USA parts. Its all good liker McNuggets--Parts are parts.

Because is can be very difficult to even find quality and affordable USA made products, because the (and I add this as reading between the lines) AMERICANS have shoddy work etics and the UNIONS drive up cost?

The Jeep Grand Cherokee/Dodge Durango are assembled in Detroit at the Jefferson North assembly plant, using "globally-sourced" parts.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:31 PM

649 posts, read 1,392,613 times
Glad the poseur got caught. Wasn't born here and doesn't live here but will claim the city like it's his.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,323,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
Glad the poseur got caught. Wasn't born here and doesn't live here but will claim the city like it's his.
thank you! Em is next lol

Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 PM

67 posts, read 48,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
thank you! Em is next lol
Hey! Leave Em alone!

Seriously, I do get it. It's hard to take some people seriously who claim to rep Detroit when they never actually lived there or don't do a damn thing for the city. I don't know enough about Kid Rock to have an opinion one way or the other but it seems like he has a love for Detroit and is representing Detroit well (sometimes). I do know more about Em and think he can legitimately represent Detroit based on the beginning days and because he continues to support the city, even though he now lives in suburbia hell. I mean what's he gonna do, rock a hoodie that says RoHills?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 AM

1,401 posts, read 2,273,567 times
Hmm... interesting.

Kid Rock buys house on Detroit's east side (http://www.freep.com/article/20120315/ENT04/120315075/Kid-Rock-buys-house-Detroit-s-east-side?odyssey=obinsite - broken link)

Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM

5,866 posts, read 4,454,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Hmm... interesting.

Kid Rock buys house on Detroit's east side (http://www.freep.com/article/20120315/ENT04/120315075/Kid-Rock-buys-house-Detroit-s-east-side?odyssey=obinsite - broken link)
There goes the neighborhood.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM

12,693 posts, read 18,945,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board View Post
I never interpreted "Made In Detroit" to mean that the shirts were literally made in Detroit. Maybe that's just me. Wearing that gear is a fashion statement, not a political one.
I bought a couple of the shirts a few years back.

I never took it as a literate statement either, that it was 'made in Detroit'.

Same here, I took it as a fashion statement. One of the few shirts you can find, that isn't sports related, than has Detroit on it.

I took it more as a 'things are made in Detroit'. That statement could be argued as well, but I never once thought, 'oh this shirt was made in Detroit'.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 AM

1,401 posts, read 2,273,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I bought a couple of the shirts a few years back.

I never took it as a literate statement either, that it was 'made in Detroit'.

Same here, I took it as a fashion statement. One of the few shirts you can find, that isn't sports related, than has Detroit on it.

I took it more as a 'things are made in Detroit'. That statement could be argued as well, but I never once thought, 'oh this shirt was made in Detroit'.
I take it more as a statement that I was made in Detroit. I live in Charlotte now and wearing MID shirts is one of the ways I like to represent where I'm from (and for the record I only lived in Detroit for a few months after I was born, but I do identify as being from metro Detroit where I grew up and lived until I moved to Charlotte when I was 36. And I in all probability was indeed, ahem, made in Detroit. ). It is simply a way for me to show the world that I am proud to be from Detroit, that I identify with it, that I feel I have many of the characteristics common to the people of metro Detroit -- not that the actual garment was hand sewn there from materials grown in the cotton fields of Detroit.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM

649 posts, read 1,392,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Hmm... interesting.

"I'm Not Fooled, Bob

Isn't it something how Kid Rock, who claims the hell out of Detroit while being from Romeo and living in Clarkston had news leaked of his purchase of a home in Detroit now. He bought the home in January by the way.

Now when anyone calls him on his claiming the city since he got famous, he can say how he lives here. I'll believe it when he lives their full-time. So until he gets a homestead exemption from the city and state, I'll call him a Detroiter. Just like I'll call him on his bull**** "Made in Detroit" brand that isn't made it in or administered in Detroit.

He could have least bought a nicer house to make this sham look less obvious. It does look like a Southern house in fitting with his love of displaying the Confederate flag though, right? No garage? Come on, dude!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit