Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
Indian Village is fine. These people are the standard negative nancys that have stopped all progress for decades. You just have to use private schools. And the homes are nice but very old so watch for big repair/HVAC bills. The community has a tennis club, basically it's own private school in the waldorf academy, a community garden, etc. see more: HISTORIC INDIAN VILLAGE - Detroit, Michigan

GPP is a great place for a family. My Fiancee and I live near Farmington's downtown since I work out on this side of town. It's nice but if I worked in or near downtown Detroit than GPP would definitely be on the shortlist of places I would want to live. I guess it depends on what you want out of a community, but GPP is very safe and the police are quick and efficient. That's not something I would be too concerned with.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Grosse...-Michigan.html

The C-D crime index is less than 1/2 of the US average. For being next to some not great areas of Detroit I'd say that's pretty good.
Indian Village looks like s**t. I have been going to the neighborhood my whole life and it looks far worse now than it did 20 years ago.

If you want to lower your standards of what is "nice" or even "OK" to a preposterous degree in order to pat yourself on the back and be a masturbatorial propogandist, that is fine.

I see little point in posting on a forum such as this one except for the exchange of real information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
As long as you can get past the crime, blight and horrific schools, Indian Village is a GREAT place to live.

What an entertaining day on C-D. The delusionists are out in full force today.
Indeed.

And it is mostly egotistical grandstanding.

Forget the fact that you can buy a veritable five-bedroom mansion for $130,000.

It's because it's so awesome that people are frightened of what will happen to them due its overwhelming awesomeness, no one will buy.

It's such a steal that the populace at large literally cannot believe it--that's what's driving down the price.

Delude yourselves if you want to, by all means, but when you start attacking people who are just telling the truth, that is when my patience ends.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM

809 posts, read 2,410,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Indeed.

And it is mostly egotistical grandstanding.

Forget the fact that you can buy a veritable five-bedroom mansion for $130,000.

It's because it's so awesome that people are frightened of what will happen to them due its overwhelming awesomeness, no one will buy.

It's such a steal that the populace at large literally cannot believe it--that's what's driving down the price.

Delude yourselves if you want to, by all means, but when you start attacking people who are just telling the truth, that is when my patience ends.
Ryan Sullivan, 29 | Crain's Detroit Business

This guy is completely deluded, right? A moron?

Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM

What are you talking about?

Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
Ryan Sullivan, 29 | Crain's Detroit Business

This guy is completely deluded, right? A moron?
Looks like a successful, young professional living in Indian Village. Nice.

Gentrification has to start somewhere.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 PM

7 posts, read 10,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayrih View Post
Just curious....what happened to all those homes in Detroit between Jefferson and Kercheval? There obviously used to be homes there, but online maps show a house here and there, and most of those are in disrepair. I found another rental in Indian Village which is a beautiful house. Unfortunately, the schools are less than desirable. I'm just in shock that a once thriving and beautiful place has gone downhill so quickly.
Exactly 46 years ago from this summer, there was a great battle that took place on this planet. An alien race invaded the lands once occupied by an honorable peace loving people. They destroyed much of the land, ransacked and burned many of the dwellings and poisoned many of the lakes and streams. The honorable citizens battled the aliens and retreated just velow the Great Alter Belt. It was there that they managed to hold the line. A great force field was established and brought online. That mighty barrier was maintained and patrolled by armed battle hardened centurions.

Many Foolish expeditions have been undertaked by out worlders of the likes mentioned by "Gameguy56." Many have attempted to establish civilized colonies in the lands and villages long fallen to the Urchin. Many have found themselves deep behind enemy lines with no help or retreat.

Tayrih, you have been WARNED!

If you should venture past the Great GPP barrier without the security of a shielded vehicle, you too could fall victim to the harsh alien environment. The air will become thin and fowl. and if you should trip and fall, the aliens will surrond you. All intelligence and knowledge will be drained from your skull. And if you are female, your body will be used to hatch their alien young and discarded in the strait that flows with di-hydrogen monoxide. Your young will suffer and even more dire fate.

Many of the honored have fled to distant moons. Those of Novi, B-Ham and The Bloomfield have become the dwelling places of this once mighty people. Others have escaped the galaxy altogether. You will know their worlds by the intelligence and high test scores bestowed upon their institutions. Likewise you shall know the dwelling places of the Urchin by their ignorance and their substandard evironment.

And if you believe this story taken staight out of "FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET." I have a bridge to sell you!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM

Funny but frankly the crime in Morningside is nothing to laugh at.

If you can't handle objective dialogue, a forum where people are ostensibly seeking real advice on where to move would not seem to be the best place to hang out IMO.

As I said I am not positioning myself as an expert on that particular area, ideally someone who lives in that direct vicinity answers the question. And everyone has a different comfort level with rougher areas.

But when there really is a very large discrepancy between pretty serious crime literally over the street, it is something most rational people would factor into their decision to move into a particular area IMO.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 PM

406 posts, read 768,923 times
Quote:
Indian Village is fairly beat to hell.

If that's where your head is, go for it.

But then you don't really need people's advice here on if an area is OK or not, you are basically announcing that you don't really care, or you are going by a fairly out there set of standards.
Oh my just rode through IV today didn't see too much hell lmao

Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM

Really?

Do you know how much money most of those houses would go for even if they were built out in an unincorporated field 20 miles away?

About 4 times as much as they do in Indian Village.

I have bad news for you, when you can get architecturally gorgeous five an six bedroom mansions for less than $200k you have a serious problem.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 PM

406 posts, read 768,923 times
Quote:
Really?

Do you know how much money most of those houses would go for even if they were built out in an unincorporated field 20 miles away?

About 4 times as much as they do in Indian Village.

I have bad news for you, when you can get architecturally gorgeous five an six bedroom mansions for less than $200k you have a serious problem.
Dude, say what you want about IV. Don't live there. All you do is bash Detroit. You and aurthur and all of the others who commented. Problably haven't seen IV at all or in a very long time. The OP never said they were considering IV but you jumped on the chance to bash it. Just like you replied quick as hell to my post. People who love to turn anything about Detroit into a bash party are so quick to call everybody else delusional. Get lost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit