Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

The annual free summer concert series kicks off Friday, July 12 outside the GM Renaissance Center!
Rock and roll returns to the Detroit Riverfront this summer for the annual Rockin’ on the Riverfront summer concert series presented by Chevrolet. The 2013 lineup is sure to satisfy classic rock fans who look forward to this event each year.

Rockin’ on the Riverfront will offer six free consecutive Friday evenings of rock and roll fun. In partnership with Detroit's #1 for Classic Rock94.7 WCSX-FM, Rockin’ on the Riverfront will amaze rock audiences with the following concerts:
July 12: The Romantics (What I Like About You, Talkin’ in Your Sleep)
July 19: America (A Horse with No Name, Sister Golden Hair)
July 26: Grand Funk Railroad (Some Kind of Wonderful, We’re an American Band)
Aug. 2: Great White (Once Bitten Twice Shy, Rock Me)
Aug. 9: Loverboy (Working for the Weekend, Turn Me Loose)
Aug. 16: Night Ranger (Sister Christian, (You Can Still) Rock in America)

Throughout the Rockin’ on the Riverfront concerts, you can listen to 94.7 WCSX each week for a chance to win VIP seats, a catered dinner by Andiamo, and meet and greet opportunities with the bands!

Although they are old, many of these bands can still rock. Last Summer The Sweet performed pretty much the same as they did in 1979 or so. The Tubes were showing their age, but they were still entertaining.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 02:18 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,436,826 times
Awesome!

I am looking forward to going to some live music events this summer. These look pretty good.

Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit