Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times

Advertisements

Given your age, I woudl stick with downtown, and midtown in Detroit. Outlying nicer neighborhoods like North Rosedale Park are really not that exciting for young singles. Corktown could be a good choice, but you need to come look around and knock on doors and ask people about each area. Corktown is a street by street good/yuck kind of place. Indian Village might be decent, but it will not be anywhere near as fun as downtown/midtown, nor as convenient.

If you re low key, you might look at Grosse Pointe(s) as well. Nice, quiet upscale suburb living very close to your work.More older family types, but it is pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM

406 posts, read 768,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Given your age, I woudl stick with downtown, and midtown in Detroit. Outlying nicer neighborhoods like North Rosedale Park are really not that exciting for young singles. Corktown could be a good choice, but you need to come look around and knock on doors and ask people about each area. Corktown is a street by street good/yuck kind of place. Indian Village might be decent, but it will not be anywhere near as fun as downtown/midtown, nor as convenient.

If you re low key, you might look at Grosse Pointe(s) as well. Nice, quiet upscale suburb living very close to your work.More older family types, but it is pleasant.
really? I think Corktown is the coolest of the neighborhoods. Well maybe not more than midtown but cooler than downtown for sure. Cute little homes, nice townhomes, condos and lofts. Plenty of good restaurants and bars but you won't have to deal with downtown/midtown parking. The only thing is its super hard to find something in Corktown, even more so than mid or downtown

Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 PM

15 posts, read 32,104 times
Thanks for the suggestions, I always wanted to live in a Flat/loft. I wonder if I can find one in Midtown/Corktown

What do people think of the complex the lofts?

Last edited by dsclaw88; 05-31-2013 at 07:12 PM..

Old 05-31-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsclaw88 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, I always wanted to live in a Flat/loft. I wonder if I can find one in Midtown/Corktown

What do people think of the complex the lofts?
I'm not really sure what you mean

but in that case, here are a few lofts you can check out:

Iodent Lofts, Broadway, Library Lofts, Lofts at Merchants Row, The Auburn, E&B Brewery, Lofts at Woodward, FD Lofts, Lealand, Lofts at Rivertown, Riverplace, Canfield Lofts, Carlton Lofts, Grinnell Place just to name a few. All of these are in the midtown/downtown area except FD and E&B which are in the Eastern Market (neighborhood right outside of downtown. Must warn you, can get noisy on saturdays and tuesdays throughout the summer)

oh and you check out the loft warehouse and jonna Detroit lofts to see whats available. As far as the burbs Royal Oak/Ferndale/Birmingham area would be good for lofts.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:04 PM

15 posts, read 32,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit's own View Post
I'm not really sure what you mean

but in that case, here are a few lofts you can check out:

Iodent Lofts, Broadway, Library Lofts, Lofts at Merchants Row, The Auburn, E&B Brewery, Lofts at Woodward, FD Lofts, Lealand, Lofts at Rivertown, Riverplace, Canfield Lofts, Carlton Lofts, Grinnell Place just to name a few. All of these are in the midtown/downtown area except FD and E&B which are in the Eastern Market (neighborhood right outside of downtown. Must warn you, can get noisy on saturdays and tuesdays throughout the summer)

oh and you check out the loft warehouse and jonna Detroit lofts to see whats available. As far as the burbs Royal Oak/Ferndale/Birmingham area would be good for lofts.
I believe when i was referring to the complex as the Lofts, I was actually referring to the Lofts of Rivertown, I did not realizes there were other "Lofts at..." places. Thank you for all the suggestions, its about time for me to go contact people and come up to Detroit and take a looksy

Of those loft locations you listed which are the better ones? Iodent looked nice but it is currently full

Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsclaw88 View Post
I believe when i was referring to the complex as the Lofts, I was actually referring to the Lofts of Rivertown, I did not realizes there were other "Lofts at..." places. Thank you for all the suggestions, its about time for me to go contact people and come up to Detroit and take a looksy

Of those loft locations you listed which are the better ones? Iodent looked nice but it is currently full
my personal favorite would be FD lofts. Only because I love the Eastern Market and think it would be really cool to live right on Russell where everything happens. Lots of cool restaurants, bars, shops, and then what they call "saturday shopping" is all year around where like 40,000 plus people come to shop at EM on sat. There is also "tuesday shopping" which is the smaller version that runs throughout the summer. Also the EM has food truck rallies throughout the summer as well

after FD I would say the Library Lofts because they are really nice and big (2 stories available) and really modern but in an old building. Plus they are downtown so thats always a plus.

and yea the downtown area is filling up quickly. A lot of the buildings have waiting lists.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 AM

oh and I didn't mention before but check out the Ellington. Technically they are "loft condos" but they are really nice and are located on Woodward in Midtown. This is like the center of midtown, right in the middle of wayne state and straight shot downtown and new center. There are a lot of shops and restaurants and soon to be more. Must warn you though, some of the building on Woodward in the area are under construction so it may get a little noisy. But I think its worth it. You'll be right around the corner from the new whole foods, all the cultural attractions, Detroit Medical Center etc as well

Old 05-12-2015, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,396 times
Also received an offer from USPTO. My budget is much lower... I'm considering Regency Tower in Midtown (Chene St.). Does anyone have any input?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit