Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times

Advertisements

i predict the boys will win 41-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
The Cowboys are on a roll, I predict they will end the season as World Champions!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 AM

145 posts, read 375,088 times
I don't think you will get much of an argument. the lions are really depressing lately. it is so hard to stay a fan every year.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:22 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheyheyhey View Post
I don't think you will get much of an argument. the lions are really depressing lately. it is so hard to stay a fan every year.
Hang in there! We've been there for many years... would cringe anytime anyone mentioned our Cowboys! As they say in Texas, every dog has its day!

Here's hoping for a great game!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Poor old Lions. They started off 6-2, and now they're down to 6-6. And the end of their schedule is pretty darn tough.

This is why I could never bring myself to be a Lions fan, even though I lived most of my life in Michigan. Lions fandom was just too painful to even consider.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Default la esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
i predict the boys will win 41-3
We can only hope!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/sports1/25.gif (broken link)

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
does anybody in motown care about the lions

Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
A few rabid fans.

Only Lions game I ever went to was a season opener a few years ago and they actually won. The funniest part was that the fans were heckling the Lions about WINNING. I heard comments about their sisters having the uniforms on, letting their Mothers play for them, even sending in the grounds crew as the reason they were winning. I about died laughing the whole game. Never seen the home fans complain about "their" team winning the game. LOL One of the reasons I like the Packers. (OK born on the West side of the state so naturally a Packer Backer by birth.)

Oh yeah, sorry about your original post not starting anything here.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Default Hmmmm....

Quote:
Well, mi amigo, No crazed fans in here that want to defend their Lions.
What fun is that?!?!?

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/6.gif (broken link)
Guess we'll have to go back to WI and duke it out with the Packer fans some more!

GO COWBOYS!!!http://bestsmileys.com/sportsigns/4.gif (broken link)

Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM

156 posts, read 562,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
A few rabid fans.

Only Lions game I ever went to was a season opener a few years ago and they actually won. The funniest part was that the fans were heckling the Lions about WINNING. I heard comments about their sisters having the uniforms on, letting their Mothers play for them, even sending in the grounds crew as the reason they were winning. I about died laughing the whole game. Never seen the home fans complain about "their" team winning the game. LOL One of the reasons I like the Packers. (OK born on the West side of the state so naturally a Packer Backer by birth.)

Oh yeah, sorry about your original post not starting anything here.
It's true. People talk about what great sports fans the area has and all I see is people bad-mouthing the Lions (granted, there is a lot to bad-mouth there). There seem to be a lot of fair-weather fans as well. The Tigers never were a big draw until winning the pennant in '06 and were selling out all year long until things started to go a little sour in September - what kind of support is that? Now the Wings, with the best record in the NHL, can't fill their home arena. Some "Hockeytown." And finally, when you walk around downtown after a game (don't know what it's like in Auburn Hills), it is very hard to discern whether we won or lost - in Boston or New York, you definitely know who won. It seems the only rabid fans around here root for the Spartans and Wolverines, but then again they all hate Lloyd Carr.
And yeah, the Cowboys will win, but that's like predicting the Harlem Globetrotters will win (boy will I have egg on my face if I'm wrong!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit