Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 06:48 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,154,427 times

Advertisements

Got to believe Lions will at least win both games against the Bears, and maybe the 49ers game as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 07:44 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,551,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
The offense was just as conservative last year, which is why Stafford's interceptions were down. The difference was they had a soft schedule and a decent o-line. And how many of those wins were the direct result of the other team botching games that they had in hand? Atlanta and Minnesota off of the top of my head. They're playing a real schedule this year and are folding in typical Lions fashion. More evidence to my theory that ANY success this team has is accidental.

The good news is 0-16 is still on the table!!
Dude, there were games where Calvin Johnson was triple teamed but Stafford still threw him the ball and a play was made. Plays where 50 yards were completed in such plays and touchdowns were scored.

I don't care how good or bad the other team is, but if a guy is being triple teamed and the quarterback can still get him the ball, that's a weapon. So far this year, the Lions have not used their weapon pretty much in any quarter.

Maybe because Suh is no longer here the coordinators feel less confident in the defense for when interceptions do happen? But it's not like the Lions are losing games in blowouts so obviously the defense is doing somewhat of a decent job limiting goals without Suh. I dunno, it just seems to me there some risk aversion for no reason and sometimes risk aversion is not the smarter way to play.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:15 PM

2,210 posts, read 3,472,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Dude, there were games where Calvin Johnson was triple teamed but Stafford still threw him the ball and a play was made. Plays where 50 yards were completed in such plays and touchdowns were scored.

I don't care how good or bad the other team is, but if a guy is being triple teamed and the quarterback can still get him the ball, that's a weapon. So far this year, the Lions have not used their weapon pretty much in any quarter.

Maybe because Suh is no longer here the coordinators feel less confident in the defense for when interceptions do happen? But it's not like the Lions are losing games in blowouts so obviously the defense is doing somewhat of a decent job limiting goals without Suh. I dunno, it just seems to me there some risk aversion for no reason and sometimes risk aversion is not the smarter way to play.
You're referring to the Schwartz years. Calvin - when he was healthy - was mostly used as a decoy last season.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:41 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,846,949 times
That was a close game against Seattle I admit. The call was a game changer but we shouldn't have let the game get that close in the first place to where one call can make you lose. How many times is this done to the Lions? How many times will they let this happen?

Week #4 Stats

0-4
Total Offense: Ranked 29th
Total Defense: Ranked 24th
Rushing Offense: Ranked 32 (LAST)
Stafford Total QB: Ranked 25th

Quarter of the regular season is gone already and we are 0 and FREAKING four smh.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:18 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,243,501 times
I love the Fords but they should sell the team. It's clear they have no idea what they're doing. The Lions are the worst professional franchise in U.S. SPORTS HISTORY and this season looks no different.

It's almost unbelievable how you can be so bad for so long. It boggles the mind and defies statistical probabilities.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
I love the Fords but they should sell the team. It's clear they have no idea what they're doing. The Lions are the worst professional franchise in U.S. SPORTS HISTORY and this season looks no different.

It's almost unbelievable how you can be so bad for so long. It boggles the mind and defies statistical probabilities.
I'm rooting for the Cubs to win the WS so the Lions can officially become the WORST franchise in pro sports.

1 playoff win in 58 years.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post

Alot of people are talking about the Ford's selling the team. As for yesterdays game... that was PATHETIC. 6 turnovers!?!? At least Stafford got benched. I watched some of the Green Bay game yesterday too and thought "wow... this is what a real NFL team looks like".

Old 10-20-2015, 02:12 PM

Well the Lions finally pull off a win. Even though they went overtime against a mediocre team, at least they will pull of a win in 2015.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:58 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,551,660 times
Breaking news. This comes a day after the Lions lose to the Vikings making the year 1-6.

Lions fire coordinator Lombardi, two OL coaches

Old 10-27-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Breaking news. This comes a day after the Lions lose to the Vikings making the year 1-6.

Lions fire coordinator Lombardi, two OL coaches
Scapegoats. Wake me up when Lewand and Mayhew get sacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: