Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I thought I posted it and don't see it. Maybe I posted it somewhere else by accident.

Anyway - listening to the radio I heard that Richard Gere's new spy movie will be shooting in Detroit.
According to him during the interview they will shoot in DC (the location for the film) only for 5 days or so to get the shots they need of the capital area and the rest will be mostly in Detroit "because its so much cheaper to shoot there". So Detroit and Michigan really is doing all it can to bring in movie shooting. I heard Drew Barrymore say the exact same thing in an interview when she was looking for a film location for Whip it. She was going to shoot it somewhere else when she saw how cheap it was to shoot in Detroit. So she opted to shoot there and some specific stuff in Texas, where the film was set.

Richard Gere & Topher Grace See ‘Double’ - Screen Rant

And when I googled this I found this sort of cool link - apparently 50 cents movie filmed in GR

50 Cent movie 'Caught in the Crossfire,' filmed in Grand Rapids, to debut locally May 11 | News, Events & Festivals | The Film Office | Michigan Film Office

As well as a whole bunch more films, some pretty dang big

http://www.reelchicago.com/story.cfm?storyID=2801
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 PM

902 posts, read 1,926,275 times
The second link is where my son found a job in the '' Wannabe's '' thats being filming in Howell for maybe a year . He made $100 a day but the drive from Macomb County to Howell everyday was too much to stand around most of the day but he will be in a few (in the library ) episodes . Nice link !

Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,687 times
A movie being shot in Detroit. Could you have rephrased that? There are better choices of words to put alongside of Detroit other than "shot".

Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 PM

5 posts, read 2,154 times
It still wont save the city or do much for the state. I can remeber the city of flint doing the see our new spark trying to make flint a tourist town. Never had a chance of working. Michigan is an industrial state and industry for the most part is moving out of country. The up north resort is dying because it was based on the factory rats going north to spend their cash. Its a titanic that is half sunk.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
My my.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:27 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownawaykansaswind View Post
It still wont save the city or do much for the state. I can remeber the city of flint doing the see our new spark trying to make flint a tourist town. Never had a chance of working. Michigan is an industrial state and industry for the most part is moving out of country. The up north resort is dying because it was based on the factory rats going north to spend their cash. Its a titanic that is half sunk.
This is a patently false post with definite troll-like qualities.

Golf Digest magazine just named Michigan the 12th best golf destination in the WORLD, and the number one best summer golf destination in the USA. "Factory rats" must truly love their golf...

I'm sorry that you apparently hate the amount of wind you are experiencing in Kansas, but the Michigan forum on C-D is really not the place to take it out on others.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,982,530 times
Michigan has one of the most generous film tax credits in the country. Unfortunately it's at the expense of its residents whose tax dollars subsidize it.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
A Pierce Brosnon picture is currently being filmed in Dearborn.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM

809 posts, read 1,950,687 times
There was that movie....oh what was it called...."nightlife in gladstone" or something

Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
A movie being shot in Detroit. Could you have rephrased that? There are better choices of words to put alongside of Detroit other than "shot".
Well we are used to seeing lots of news headlines that have Detroit and shot in the same sentance. Unfortunately they are not usually talking about movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit