U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:16 PM

22 posts, read 40,067 times

Advertisements

I was in Houston last week and in New York City two days ago and everybody is talking about either the Election or about the Mayor of Detroit killing some girl. How come he is not in jail!!!! Did he get firedat least? What's going ONNNN???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,637,668 times
The girl's name is Tamara Green. She was a stripper who supposedly "performed" at a rumored raucous party at the Mayor's Mansion that took place in 2002. The rumor is that the mayor's wife unexpectantly showed up at the rumored party, saw Ms. Green "performing" on the Mayor, and BEAT her down. The Mayor and all his staff vehemently denied that there was a party.

Several months later, Ms. Green was gunned down as she was sitting in her car that was parked on the street. 17 shots were fired into her car. The person who was with her in her car, was shot, but was able to escape. What is crazy is that who ever came to shoot the woman was only looking to kill her, because after the passenger fled from the car, the shooters turned around, and shot into her car again, but did not go after the passenger who fled the car!!

It was stated by an expert or some knowledgeable person that the bullets that were fired into her car are bullets that are only issued to POLICE OFFICERS.

- Even more bizarre is that another stripper that allegedly performed at the "rumored" party was murdered in Atlanta at around that time.

- Even more bizarre, is that 2 police officers that investigated the rumored party were fired abruptly. They sued the city and won an $8.4 million settlement.

- Even more bizarre, is that the police department abruptly ended the investigation into the stripper's murder, and just re-opened her murder case recently.

HOWEVER, a report in the Detroit News or Free Press, which have been antagonistic against the mayor and have called for him to resign, concluded that, given the evidence, the stripper's death was most likely drug-related and not some plot by the Mayor or his underlings.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM

655 posts, read 2,081,469 times
This is the first I've heard about the other stripper getting killed. Wow.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:00 PM

52 posts, read 255,871 times
i am a Kwame-hater but there is very little chance that he had anything to do with her death. it is an intriguing story however.

90 percent of Detroit's yearly ~400 murders are drug related and theres a very good chance that her murder was drug related too.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:53 AM

655 posts, read 2,081,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic774 View Post
i am a Kwame-hater but there is very little chance that he had anything to do with her death. it is an intriguing story however.

90 percent of Detroit's yearly ~400 murders are drug related and theres a very good chance that her murder was drug related too.
90%? Do you have some proof on that?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:46 PM

522 posts, read 1,220,798 times
Same here!

My relatives in CA, NY, TX, FL all they ask me is "What's new with Kwame-Gate?"

Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 PM

13 posts, read 11,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMaryMack View Post
I was in Houston last week and in New York City two days ago and everybody is talking about either the Election or about the Mayor of Detroit killing some girl. How come he is not in jail!!!! Did he get firedat least? What's going ONNNN???
Innocent until proven guilty. Everything is all rumors and grapevine nonsense talk. Stop listening to the media. Do you remember when President Gore was announced winner of Florida after 1 percent of the vote in but later it was found that Bush who won it??? Do you remember when 11 miners trapped where found alive but only several hours they where all day except for one. Our media is a joke, stay away from it.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 AM

29,608 posts, read 71,695,093 times
Hooray! We are famous. Kwame has put Detroit ont he map!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM

57 posts, read 175,209 times
im in indiana and i hear about kwame on radio talk shows constantly, and they always say, "bad news for detroits mayor kwame kilpatrick". i never heard about the stripper gettin shot though, most likely he had nothing to do with it at all, and the sad thing is that the media sreads rumors like this every single day

Old 03-26-2008, 06:43 PM

522 posts, read 1,220,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy924 View Post
im in indiana and i hear about kwame on radio talk shows constantly, and they always say, "bad news for detroits mayor kwame kilpatrick". i never heard about the stripper gettin shot though, most likely he had nothing to do with it at all, and the sad thing is that the media sreads rumors like this every single day

"Most likely he had nothing to do with it...?" HUH? You need to come and visit and talk to people. He had that girl killed...hell yeah, he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: