Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

I am moving to michigan and am looking for ideas where to live. I would like someplace in between Lansing area and north Macomb county. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
Ann Arbor's a great city-clean, relatively low crime, economy is a little better than in other parts of the state. Excellent schools. Cost of living is a bit high.

I can't speak personally of anywhere else, but I hear many parts of Oakland County are nice as well.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:56 AM

310 posts, read 1,209,312 times
Default Moving to Michigan

How about Plymouth or Ypsilanti? Ann Arbor is definitely a great town.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 AM

926 posts, read 2,746,855 times
Im considering Ann Arbor and Belleville. Belleville is betwen the airport and Ann Arbor so I feel its one of the better options if you travel alot like me. Plus I can still get to Detroit fairly quickly to see my friends.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 AM

18 posts, read 47,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVINGATLGRL View Post
I am moving to michigan and am looking for ideas where to live. I would like someplace in between Lansing area and north Macomb county. Any ideas?

We somewhat recently moved from the Detroit Suburbs and spend most of my 27 years there. The area you described is quite big. Could you tell me a little of what you are looking for, area you would work, etc.,?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:11 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Plymouth is really nice. Marshall is a great town. Do you want rural, urban, historic, quaint, modern, empty,. crowded, do you prefer ready freeway access or low traffic? Do you want a ritzy area? Are shopping malls important to you? Do you want to live in a subdiviion, on a farm, small acreage, etc. Do you want water acess? If so lake, river, great lake. . . .

Are you an outdoorsy person?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM

20 posts, read 67,934 times
Novi, Northville, or Plymouth. Near big city shopping and eating but still far enough away from crime. Great school systems also.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM

266 posts, read 852,827 times
I'm kind of confused - between Lansing and North Macomb seems like a wide area, but it is far north of most of the neighborhoods mentioned here. I was picturing someplace closer to the M-59 corridor like Howell, Hartland maybe Waterford. Closer to Lansing (especially East Lansing) you'd find nice communities like Holt, and closer to Macomb you'd find Utica, Sterling Heights, etc.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 18,824 times
West Bloomfield or Farmington Hills are good places to live and acessable to Lansing and North Macomb County, but it depends what you are looking for, Royal Oak is lots of young people and the Farmington/Novi area is more suburban but has some night life, West Bloomfield I just found to be a nice place to live

Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 PM

70 posts, read 293,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVINGATLGRL View Post

Lake Orion , Oxford , Romeo , Fenton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit