U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM

8,670 posts, read 6,586,833 times
Default What is up with the gang Walmart thing?

Did anyone hear about this? Something with gang members having to shoot three women at Wal-marts?

WTF??????? Really. What a ridiculous power playing game. I am so sick of gangs and what-have-you scaring people from living their lives. The good people of this world really need to figure something out about how to take back their world from these punk losers. They want to go around shooting up their own-whatever-but innocent people? Sick. Makes me sick to my stomach.

And of course, the law can only do so much.

Anyway, I really didn't hear the details on this, just got a phone msg about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,542,086 times
This is not true. It is a hoax.
We just had t his rumor going around here the other day.
I am in S.E. Georgia. It was found to be a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/walmart.asp

Old 03-20-2009, 01:39 PM

3,681 posts, read 3,220,769 times
Same thing is being e-mailed around where I live in California. It was on the news this morning. They said it is believed to be a hoax but Walmart will be beefing up security as a precaution.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,542,086 times
It came by text message to us here in S.E. Georgia also.
The local news here reported it to be a nation wide hoax.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:22 PM

7,107 posts, read 10,480,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Did anyone hear about this? Something with gang members having to shoot three women at Wal-marts?

WTF??????? Really. What a ridiculous power playing game. I am so sick of gangs and what-have-you scaring people from living their lives. The good people of this world really need to figure something out about how to take back their world from these punk losers. They want to go around shooting up their own-whatever-but innocent people? Sick. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, I really didn't hear the details on this, just got a phone msg about it.
Yet another reason not to go to those glorified flea-markets. Even if it's not true, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:32 PM

4,177 posts, read 8,715,199 times
heyheyhey--Urban Myth---It was going around in Maryland also.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 PM

649 posts, read 1,339,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

I wasn't aware that there was a Walmart in Detroit.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 PM

8,670 posts, read 6,586,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
I wasn't aware that there was a Walmart in Detroit.

Well, where ever they are in the Detroit area. It wasn't specific. Doesn't really matter where I suppose. Stupid idea, nonetheless.

Thanks to all for letting me know this is a hoax. Crazy thing is that it was on the news too. Hmmm.

Doesn't change the way I feel about gangs and punks that go around scaring people.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM

62 posts, read 112,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
This is not true. It is a hoax.
We just had t his rumor going around here the other day.
I am in S.E. Georgia. It was found to be a hoax.

snopes.com: Gang Targets Women at Wal-Mart
My cousin text me about it because he mom works close to a Wal-Mart, I'm just glad it ain't true I'll let here know this. People are ignorant and stupid for making up stuff like this.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:48 PM

2,574 posts, read 1,642,512 times
And yet another reason to have a CPL and carry .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit