Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 PM

22,597 posts, read 24,409,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I am Type II. I eat eggs, almost every day. For breakfast I have 2 eggs. Fried, poached, hard boiled, or something. But I have 2 most every morning.

I just recently had my bloodwork done. My Cholesterol was 117 and 47. I don't care who you are, those are not bad numbers.

As far as it leading to diabetis, I think it's bunk. As far as hurting you by eating eggs when you are diabetic, I think that is also bunk. There are a lot of other foods out there that will hurt you a lot more then eggs.

Yes, they are high in cholesterol (230) and for some people that's not a good thing. But as long as my lab work comes back with low numbers for Cholesterol, I'm going to enjoy a couple eggs every morning.

The study's that are done are a good thing to read and think about. They are not gospel to be followed to the letter by every person out there. You have to watch your lab work, maintain a diary of everything you eat and what it contains, how you cook it and what it does to that blood workup. Then you have to do things to bring "your" numbers in line. Every person is different.

Remember, every person is entiltiled to his/her opinion. Just be smart enough to pay attention, or ignore, whichever is needed for you. But don't deprive anybody of their opinion.

A lot of times these studies are not scientific, they want a certain outcome even before they conduct said "study". Eggs are a very healthy food.....but they are not as good as Cheerios.......hahaha, that is how far we have come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,915,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
A lot of times these studies are not scientific, they want a certain outcome even before they conduct said "study". Eggs are a very healthy food.....but they are not as good as Cheerios.......hahaha, that is how far we have come.
Eggs are better for a diabetic then cheerios. Have you ever looked at the carbs? How about the carbs in a "Heart Healthy Cheerio box?"

For me, eggs didn't cause diabetis, nor are they effecting anything about diabetis. I maintain accurate accounting of everything I eat. Eggs do nothing, one way or the other for me.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,863,044 times
Eggs are healthy. I thought eating the yolk was not good. I just read somewhere online that it is really good for you.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Eggs are better for a diabetic then cheerios. Have you ever looked at the carbs? How about the carbs in a "Heart Healthy Cheerio box?"

For me, eggs didn't cause diabetis, nor are they effecting anything about diabetis. I maintain accurate accounting of everything I eat. Eggs do nothing, one way or the other for me.

Sorry feller, I should have put a sarcasm smiley next to that statement.......I am a low carber and love eggly-wegglies....a true health food.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Eggs are healthy. I thought eating the yolk was not good. I just read somewhere online that it is really good for you.
Yep, the whites are basically just protein, the yolks contain most of the good stuff.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 PM

9,503 posts, read 16,406,500 times
Im curious just how many eggs do the people on this forum eat each week? Also I thought the yolk was full of cholesterol or so the story goes.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Im curious just how many eggs do the people on this forum eat each week? Also I thought the yolk was full of cholesterol or so the story goes.
I eat at least a dozen a week, I fricken love eggs.

And most of the cholesterol comes from in-vivo production. Over 50% of people seen in the ER for heart attacks have normal or below normal cholesterol.

All of these Statins are not really helping people, just another scam.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 AM

16,894 posts, read 16,023,708 times
Nothin' better than a dozen scrambled with some bacon or sausage and a couple slices of toast.
Suits my diabetes just fine!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty;19425847[B
]Nothin' better than a dozen scrambled with some bacon or sausage and a couple slices of toast[/b].
Suits my diabetes just fine!

All that......all by yourself......hope not.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,915,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
They do. One egg has 215mg of Cholesterol. Normal 2000 calorie diet a person should only have 300mg a day. So one egg takes up most of your allotment. People should watch it, however, a diebetic should watch it even closer as you don't want "other" complications with diabetes.

But, every person processes cholesterol differently. I eat 2 eggs every day and my cholesterol is very low. As a diabetic, I'll continue to eat eggs because it really doesn't effect me. But it might effect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes