U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 AM

11,422 posts, read 15,133,454 times
oh it's working alright--i feel that feeling of fullness kick in and my glucose is under 90 now...
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM

if the instructions say Victoza can be taken any time with or without food, I think i would take it when i come home from work because after dinner snacking has been a problem and the Victoza would more likely be strongest at that time

is it OK to alternate, like on off days take it in the AM and on work days take it after work?

I assume it would be

Old 02-24-2012, 06:27 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,653,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
how long does it take for the Victoza to start working? I had a small breakfast, took 850 mg of metformin, took the Victoza injection 30 minutes ago and my sugar is now 145. should it be lower or should i give it time?

everything went as it should have as indicated in the manual. i held the button down for 6 full secs and the dose # went back to 0 from .6. there was some victoza on the tip of the needle both before and after the injection as indicated in the manual. if for some reason the injection was not effective, is it dangerous in any way for me to have received the injection yesterday (by the doc) but not today?
Check with your doctor as to when you should be taking the Victoza. Make sure you are suppose to take the metformin and Victoza together. You may cause your glucose to go too low.

Your glucose should not be more than 140 TWO hours after you eat.

Keep track of your numbers: when you wake up/morning fast, take it before lunch and then two hours after you've eaten...no snacking in between the readings. Take it again before you have dinner and then again two hours after you've eaten.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM

doc said to supplement the metf with the victoza(to take them together)

Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
if the instructions say Victoza can be taken any time with or without food, I think i would take it when i come home from work because after dinner snacking has been a problem and the Victoza would more likely be strongest at that time

is it OK to alternate, like on off days take it in the AM and on work days take it after work?

I assume it would be
If the evening is where your problem is, yes, take the Victoza at dinner time. Take your metformin in the morning and lunch time, with at least four hours in between.

I think it would be easier to keep your body on a schedule and use the meds at the same time every day, if you can. Just don't take meds together, if you miss a dose.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
doc said to supplement the metf with the victoza(to take them together)
Then you really need to monitor your glucose and make sure your number doesn't drop. Victoza can do that without taking metformin.

If you take metformin with victoza, how will you take the remaining metformin pill? It doesn't seem like your meds are spread out enough throughout the day.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 PM

i take 850 mg metf at breakfast lunch and dinner

yesterday i had the shot the doc gave me before breakfast then had breakfast and the first metf, followed by the other metf tabslater on for lunch and dinner

today i had breakfast first with the metf, then the victoza shot then the second metf at lunch and third at dinner

i work Sunday so i want to take the vict after i get home

tomorrow, Sat should i also take the vict in the evening to prepare myself to be more regular?

on my off days i would prefer to take the vict in the AM but I was advised to stick to regular intervals by a pharmacist

this could be a problem if i should want to go out on an off day

the directions say you can take vict at any time with or without food

will varying it occasionally kill me or cause a spike?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM

doc didn't specify about when to take the vict along with the metf

Old 02-24-2012, 07:27 PM

well i want to take the vict in the eves i guess i should start tomorrow

but what if i want to go out in the evening (i don't get a chance to get out that often) can i take it earlier?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
well i want to take the vict in the eves i guess i should start tomorrow

but what if i want to go out in the evening (i don't get a chance to get out that often) can i take it earlier?
Sure you can. Victoza is flexible. Just take it before you go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes