Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:53 AM

119 posts, read 125,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugDaddyNJ View Post
UPDATE:::

I just had to be Hospitalized to have a Cardiac Catheterization and 3 Stents inserted. I was shocked. My labwork results over the past year have been acceptable. However, having Coronary Artery Disease and Diabetes is not a good situation
to be in. I have finally decided to take drastic action regarding my Diet ---- a friend of mine gave me the book "The End of Diabetes" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. It's an incredible book, and I have learned a lot, but more importantly have put into
practice a new way of eating. My daily glucose numbers have dropped and my need for Insulin has decreased. I wish I had put the diet practices into effect a year ago.

I'm not sure what my health outcomes will be. Right now I'm petrified. Having had Double bypass surgery, and now have 3 Stents. I really have to take control of my health and my Diet. So far, I'm doing well.

Do you know why this happened when your numbers were good? It is because diabetes is caused by oxidative stress that cannot be removed because of several possible nutrient deficiencies, but usually Manganese (NOT magneiusm). Taking insulin and lowering carbs does not fix the manganese deficiency, only high manganese foods and supplements will.

There is so much evidence for manganese helping with diabetes but there is not ONE search result for Manganese in this forum.

Manganese is used by a few important genes; SOD1, SOD2, SOD3 and PCK1, PCK2. SOD reduces superoxides to hydrogen peroxide and PCK effect gluconegenisis.

Manganese supplementation protects against diet-induced diabetes in wild type mice by enhancing insulin secretion. - PubMed - NCBI

Association of blood manganese level with diabetes and renal dysfunction: a cross-sectional study of the Korean general population | BMC Endocrine Disorders | Full Text

Disregulated glyceroneogenesis: PCK1 as a candidate diabetes and obesity gene. - PubMed - NCBI

It is the high level of superoxides in the pancreas that kills the beta cells.And that is controlled by SOD1 and SOD3.

Diabetes is not a macro nutrient (carbs) issue alone, it is also a micro nutrient issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 04:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,599,297 times
I know this is an old post but some good info. Reading about the manganese deficiency and diabetes makes me think about when I came up low on manganese on mineral labs. I take low dose almost daily as it is needed for bone health as well.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...manganese.html

Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. I had doctors try to get me to take them and I've never had a heart incident.

I declined because I read that once you take them and quit, you have an incidence of heart problems greater than if you had never taken the drug at all.

There have been studies that showed that the entire population would do well taking these drugs as a preventative measure.

Doctors, for a time, were bombarded with these studies. I am wondering now, how they are justifying to themselves, drugging the population so.

Another thing that bothers me is that the drugs and insulin that are given for diabetes make you actually GAIN weight. The modified Atkins or South Beach diets will help a number of diabetics to lose weight and control their condition without or with a minimum of drugs.

It is supposedly so hard to get people to eat well and change their lifestyles, that most doctors give up an just hand the pills out. I don't know if insurance companies will pay a doctor if he sees a person once a month to monitor diet and weight loss. I don't know how much training a doctor has had in a non-drug approach to such problems.

The health food alternative, red yeast rice, seems to work the same way as statins and can do similar damage to the liver. It really behooves a person to do his homework.

There is a herbal remedy for blood pressure, mukta vati, but how many doctors know anything about it? India is looking at all of her old herbal remedies to categorize them and patent them as a national treasure, which they are. Drug companies can use the competition.
I don't know if OP is around now, but seeing Mukta Vati mentioned opened my eyes. I do take BP meds but also 1 Mukta Vati daily as an adjunct to the meds I take. If I could take the leap, I'd do only Mukta Vati, once on BP meds they have us hooked.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 4,485,739 times
My doctors have wanted me on Statins for 20 years or more. Not gonna do it. I only have high cholesterol. I believe that runs in the family and I also believe for years it has come back high because I take my test in the morning -- mostly fasting. Did you know that dehydration can significantly increase it? I just found that out.

I do not have high blood pressure and I do not have high blood sugar. But I am overweight. A few years ago I lost 60+ lbs on a liquid diet. Did zip for me. I am convinced that being over weight is not the horrible thing doctors make it out to be if you pay attention to the proper foods and health.

It is my personal theory that a major contributor to diabetes is excess calcium in the blood stream. Calcium gets into the cells and over time blocks the insulin receptors.. leading.. over time to insulin resistance and then diabetes as both sugar and insulin get trapped out in the blood stream and cannot get into the cell well.

There are studies that show high intracellular calcium is associated with insulin resistance and that. magnesium, vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and calcium channel blockers are all associated with increased insulin sensitivity. All of these cofactors increase calcium absorption and assist with insulin sensitivity.

It doesn't hurt any diabetic to reduce calcium and increase co factors and see what happens.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:03 PM

36,972 posts, read 40,978,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
My doctors have wanted me on Statins for 20 years or more. Not gonna do it. I only have high cholesterol. I believe that runs in the family and I also believe for years it has come back high because I take my test in the morning -- mostly fasting. Did you know that dehydration can significantly increase it? I just found that out.

I do not have high blood pressure and I do not have high blood sugar. But I am overweight. A few years ago I lost 60+ lbs on a liquid diet. Did zip for me. I am convinced that being over weight is not the horrible thing doctors make it out to be if you pay attention to the proper foods and health.

It is my personal theory that a major contributor to diabetes is excess calcium in the blood stream. Calcium gets into the cells and over time blocks the insulin receptors.. leading.. over time to insulin resistance and then diabetes as both sugar and insulin get trapped out in the blood stream and cannot get into the cell well.

There are studies that show high intracellular calcium is associated with insulin resistance and that. magnesium, vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and calcium channel blockers are all associated with increased insulin sensitivity. All of these cofactors increase calcium absorption and assist with insulin sensitivity.

It doesn't hurt any diabetic to reduce calcium and increase co factors and see what happens.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28029017

"There was no positive correlation between baseline serum calcium levels and incident risk of MetS [metabolic syndrome] in this longitudinal study. There was an association between higher serum calcium levels and decreased incident MetS in individuals with central obesity or two components of MetS at baseline."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17180664

"Dietary intake of calcium does not seem to influence insulin sensitivity."

However, in those who are already diabetic:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19317814

"Oral Ca(2+) supplementation improves insulin sensitivity in patients with Type 2 diabetes and hypertension."

Your personal theory greatly oversimplifies how calcium, insulin, and glucose interact. Basic science that shows increased calcium influx into the cell plus insulin increases glucose uptake in insulin-resistant muscles.

The Role of Ca2+ Influx for Insulin-Mediated Glucose Uptake in Skeletal Muscle | Diabetes

Old 05-22-2018, 10:08 PM

So much information out there, unbelievable.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/news/...e-2-diabetes#1

Of course, I have thought for years since I read The Heart Revolution that cholesterol is not the culprit. My doctor has been checking my homocysteine and fibrigen levels for about 3 yrs and they were elevated and I'm bringing them down with the supps I'm taking. No fear on the cholesterol "myth".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes