U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
447 posts, read 278,722 times
Reputation: 158

Advertisements

Started smoking my freshmen year in high school, the same year I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I stopped smoking after a while cause it just got boring, and I was tired of wasting money.

Question is, 6 year later I'm in College and I started up again today. But I was wondering if there's any studies, or info with weed effecting type 1 diabetes. Read somewhere about it helping the eyes, hands, and toes. Wanted to see if anyone else knew anything about this.


Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2012, 09:59 PM
 
1,772 posts, read 1,688,174 times
Reputation: 571
Don't know the answer to what your asking, but what I do know is Marijuana is not good for you. It has numerous of bad chemical in it that isn't good for the body, which you may not be aware of.

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm


Michael Savage on marijuana and mind altering liberalism - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,az
395 posts, read 324,956 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Don't know the answer to what your asking, but what I do know is Marijuana is not good for you. It has numerous of bad chemical in it that isn't good for the body, which you may not be aware of.
And how is that any different then smoking anything else? Smoking in general is bad, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
 
1,772 posts, read 1,688,174 times
Reputation: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremit View Post
And how is that any different then smoking anything else? Smoking in general is bad, period.
From what I can remember "Michael Savage" talks about this frequently on his radio talk show of how Marijuana is literally worse for you than cigarettes. I believe he says it has ammonia in it and anyone smoking it will eventually get cancer. He has studied in depth on this since he has numerous of degrees relating to plants and something else I forgot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
 
1,786 posts, read 2,762,097 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
From what I can remember "Michael Savage" talks about this frequently on his radio talk show of how Marijuana is literally worse for you than cigarettes. I believe he says it has ammonia in it and anyone smoking it will eventually get cancer. He has studied in depth on this since he has numerous of degrees relating to plants and something else I forgot.
I had this discussion with someone. I said marijuana was just as bad as cigarettes. But, the information I found was showing the opposite. Cannabis may have more ammonia in it: "...marijuana smoke contained 20 times more ammonia, and five times more hydrogen cyanide and nitrous oxides than tobacco smoke. In spite of this, a recent large-scale study found no correlation between heavy marijuana use and lung cancer, despite noting that cannabis contains the same carcinogens as tobacco. ..." http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0200926AAKaghj

Last edited by timneh5; 06-11-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
447 posts, read 278,722 times
Reputation: 158
I'm aware of the dangers of smoking marijuana I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of correlations between it and type 1 diabetes. When I smoke my blood sugar goes down it also seems to relieve some of the pain in my eyes. I'm not trying to justify my use of marijuana, nor am I saying I use it for "medicinal" purposes. I was just wondering if there was any actual info on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
 
1,786 posts, read 2,762,097 times
Reputation: 1219
Did you read this? Treating Diabetes with Cannabis Link: Treating Diabetes with Cannabis? : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
 
1,772 posts, read 1,688,174 times
Reputation: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
I'm aware of the dangers of smoking marijuana I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of correlations between it and type 1 diabetes. When I smoke my blood sugar goes down it also seems to relieve some of the pain in my eyes. I'm not trying to justify my use of marijuana, nor am I saying I use it for "medicinal" purposes. I was just wondering if there was any actual info on it.
If your having eye issues, you need to consult your eye doctor or your MD. This forum is not a substitute for medical health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
447 posts, read 278,722 times
Reputation: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
If your having eye issues, you need to consult your eye doctor or your MD. This forum is not a substitute for medical health.
It's not very severe. I actually went to the eye doctor 3 days ago, and they were fine. I guess I worded my post wrong. When I have the rare high blood sugar, I usually smoke instead of giving myself a shot, it relieves the soreness in my eyes and also brings my blood sugar down. I'm not trying to use this forum as a substitute for medical health. I visit my eye doctor every year and my endocrinologist every few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
 
1,772 posts, read 1,688,174 times
Reputation: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
It's not very severe. I actually went to the eye doctor 3 days ago, and they were fine. I guess I worded my post wrong. When I have the rare high blood sugar, I usually smoke instead of giving myself a shot, it relieves the soreness in my eyes and also brings my blood sugar down. I'm not trying to use this forum as a substitute for medical health. I visit my eye doctor every year and my endocrinologist every few months.
Sorry, but I was not trying to be rude in any sort of way. I've never ever heard smoking pot and being diabetic in the same sentence. Plus the medical field has changed so much in the years and only recently have changed diabetics to include "pre-diabeties", which I have been diagnosed as (which shocked me to no end since I've been a vegetarian for 30 years or so). I listen to "Michael Savage" a lot and to me he's very knowledgeable in his fields of health and it all makes sense to me. Anyways, sorry again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top