Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 06:56 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times

Advertisements

ive noticed that my appetite has been not what it used to be and i have lost weight (my primary doc feels both of these are great). last October i was 256 now Im at 230. i attribute this to both the Victoza and metformin, i don't know what else it could be

my a1c is now at 6.0 down from 6.4 and 6.2

in fact my appetite has been even poorer lately possibly due to all the cancer/surgery drama. also im going back to work Monday so i have some butterflies in the gut about that

also ive noticed that there are no more bubbles in my urine (from excess protein in the urine) so it looks like the reduced glucose and micardis/hct has been helping

if you had to guess is it possible that the appetite suppression is from being on too much victoza(1.2 mg injections once a day) and metformin (850 mg 3 times per day)? i forgot to ask the doctor this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,253,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
my local market sells two types of pomegranate juice--one with a high g. sugar content, the other is Natural Garden brand which is organic 100% premium, no preservatives, no sugar added, no artificial color. the sugar content on the label is 0 g. i like the taste which is more tart than sweet but i am curious is there still sugar in it and just because none is added can drinking a serving size (100g) still be damaging to a diabetic in terms of hyperglycemia?
"No sugar added" but don't all fruits have a pretty hefty dose of natural sugar? The label should show that as 'sugar'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes