Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:07 AM

90 posts, read 69,822 times

Advertisements

Eliminate the main (but not only) cause of diabetes, Saturated Animal Fat.

Eat a species specific diet. Humans are frugivore's. Berries are the top of the fruit chain. Bananas and oranges are probably two of the most perfect foods.

A diet of fruit and raw veggies will restore health to most. Juicing veggies is best as they are hard to digest but they have good nutrition.

Don't buy into the BS that fruit is bad because of the sugar. Every cell in our body is fueled by sugar (carbohydrates). Fruit contains fructose which requires no insulin to be utilized (we were designed to be primarily fruit eaters). Sucrose found in grains and starches (and very small amounts in veggies) cannot be processed without insulin and high consumption of these foods eventually taxes the pancreas to the point where it can no longer produce enough insulin. The pancreas also produces bicarbonates so damaging it is not a good idea.

As far as protein goes we are not a protein species. Mothers milk only contains 1% protein. Fruits and veggies contain more than enough protein. Too much protein damages the kidneys and in reailty most everyone dies of kidney failure.

Fruit is astringent and keeps your bodies sewer system (the lymphatic system) cleaning the body and removing damaging acids. Acids damage cells and cause most health issues.

Eating things like Cows milk (a molecule away from plastic) (remember milk paint?) , cheese, meat, fish and cooked oils clog the lymphatic system, acids (waste product) from the burning of fuel (metabolism) back up in the body and damage cells.

The human body has two major fluids, blood and lymph. Blood feeds the cells and lymph moves cellular acidic waste out of the body. When the lymphatic system can no longer move the acidic waste out through the kidneys it back up and damages cells.

So........eat a diet of fruits berries and melons to loosen and get the hardened lymph moving. Check your progress by peeing in a mason jar and look for sediment. It means that your kidneys are now filtering. Once you start filtering you will know that you are on your way. It could take up to six months before your kidneys start filtering properly again. Eating anything but fruit will slow down or stop the detoxification process. You will fell worse before you feel better. A good way to slow down the detox and detox symptoms a bit is to eat fruit throughout the day and a large salad for dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 10:51 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Telling a diabetic to eat an all fruit diet has to be in the top 10 of "worst advice ever."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-07-2018, 11:09 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,975,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post

Don't buy into the BS that fruit is bad because of the sugar. Every cell in our body is fueled by sugar (carbohydrates).
Except diet-controlled diabetics cannot handle the sugar from fruit. Bananas and oranges for a diet-controlled diabetic?? My gosh, no.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:43 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
Quote:
Eliminate the main (but not only) cause of diabetes, Saturated Animal Fat.

Eat a species specific diet. Humans are frugivore's. Berries are the top of the fruit chain. Bananas and oranges are probably two of the most perfect foods.

A diet of fruit and raw veggies will restore health to most. Juicing veggies is best as they are hard to digest but they have good nutrition.

Don't buy into the BS that fruit is bad because of the sugar. Every cell in our body is fueled by sugar (carbohydrates). Fruit contains fructose which requires no insulin to be utilized (we were designed to be primarily fruit eaters). Sucrose found in grains and starches (and very small amounts in veggies) cannot be processed without insulin and high consumption of these foods eventually taxes the pancreas to the point where it can no longer produce enough insulin. The pancreas also produces bicarbonates so damaging it is not a good idea.

As far as protein goes we are not a protein species. Mothers milk only contains 1% protein. Fruits and veggies contain more than enough protein. Too much protein damages the kidneys and in reailty most everyone dies of kidney failure.

Fruit is astringent and keeps your bodies sewer system (the lymphatic system) cleaning the body and removing damaging acids. Acids damage cells and cause most health issues.

Eating things like Cows milk (a molecule away from plastic) (remember milk paint?) , cheese, meat, fish and cooked oils clog the lymphatic system, acids (waste product) from the burning of fuel (metabolism) back up in the body and damage cells.

The human body has two major fluids, blood and lymph. Blood feeds the cells and lymph moves cellular acidic waste out of the body. When the lymphatic system can no longer move the acidic waste out through the kidneys it back up and damages cells.

So........eat a diet of fruits berries and melons to loosen and get the hardened lymph moving. Check your progress by peeing in a mason jar and look for sediment. It means that your kidneys are now filtering. Once you start filtering you will know that you are on your way. It could take up to six months before your kidneys start filtering properly again. Eating anything but fruit will slow down or stop the detoxification process. You will fell worse before you feel better. A good way to slow down the detox and detox symptoms a bit is to eat fruit throughout the day and a large salad for dinner.
Are you a diabetic? I highly doubt it. You must be (sound like) a vegan that thinks they know it all. ALL of the information you posted is the complete OPPOSITE of what a diabetic should do. Carbohydrates ARE NOT essential for anybody and fruit is not good for diabetics. Frugivore's? You've got to be kidding.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Telling a diabetic to eat an all fruit diet has to be in the top 10 of "worst advice ever."

When switching to a fruit diet your blood sugar will go up at first as you glucose load from breaking down fat in the body. If you are eating vegetables with fruit you will also see a rise in glucose levels but ultimately you will see your glucose levels drop.

All carbs are not made the same. Fruits and veggies are mono sugars. Never eat starch as these are complex carbs aka polysaccharides. Refined sugar (sucrose) is probably the worst as it is now an isolate. It is interesting to note that sugar cane juice is actually a healthy drink but once you break apart chemistry and isolate the pure sugar out of it then it becomes unhealthy. All of the needed buffers have been removed.

You can stop eating sugar for awhile but eventually you will run out of stored fat to convert to glucose. Excess protein can be converted to glucose but high protein consumption is damaging to the kidneys.

Eat the whole fruit and stay away from isolates. Don't think that if fruit sugar, fructose, is the best kind of sugar as it requires no insulin to move out of the blood into cells that you can just go and buy some fructose and make cookies. You need the buffers found in the whole fruit.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Are you a diabetic? I highly doubt it. You must be (sound like) a vegan that thinks they know it all. ALL of the information you posted is the complete OPPOSITE of what a diabetic should do. Carbohydrates ARE NOT essential for anybody and fruit is not good for diabetics. Frugivore's? You've got to be kidding.

My wife is.

I am not a super strict vegan as the fast pace of modern life makes it difficult.

[LEFT]Urologist Donald S. Coffey, Director of the Brady Research Laboratory at Johns Hopkins University, was a well-respected expert on cancer. Shortly before his death in 2004, he summed up what Americans needed to do to improve their health and ward off cancer. [/LEFT]
He wrote:
"In summary, we were not biologically selected by the evolution process to eat the way we do today, and the damage is manifested in prostate and breast cancer.
Indeed, all of the present suggestions of the National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society as to how Americans might reduce their chances of getting prostate and breast cancer revolve around adapting dietary changes in our lifestyle back toward the early human diet of more fruits; a variety of fresh vegetables and fiber; less burning, cooking, and processing; diminished intake of dairy products, red meat, and animal fats, as well as decreasing weight and increasing aerobic exercise.
That is, we must return to a diet and lifestyle that more closely matches the first 135,000 years before technology modified our lifestyle and diet. (5)"

Old 02-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Except diet-controlled diabetics cannot handle the sugar from fruit. Bananas and oranges for a diet-controlled diabetic?? My gosh, no.

Katharine Milton of the University of California, Berkley, is one of the most prolific and well-respected authors on the topic of the dietary ecology of Primates, with a special focus on how primates relate to modern humans and our human ancestors.
She writes:
"The widespread prevalence of diet-related health problems, particularly in highly industrialized nations, suggests that many humans are not eating in a manner compatible with their biology.
Anthropoids, including all great apes, take most of their diet from plants, and there is general consensus that humans come from a strongly herbivorous ancestry. Though gut proportions differ, overall gut anatomy and the pattern of digestive kinetics of extant apes and humans are very similar.
Analysis of tropical forest leaves and fruits routinely consumed by wild primates shows that many of these foods are good sources of hexoses, cellulose, hemicel, celulose, pectic substances, vitamin C, minerals, essential fatty acids, and protein.
In general, relative to body weight, the average wild monkey or ape appears to take in far higher levels of many essential nutrients each day than the average American and such nutrients (as well as other substances) are being consumed together in their natural chemical matrix
The recommendation that Americans consume more fresh fruits and vegetables in greater variety appears well supported by data on the diets of free-ranging monkeys and apes.
Such data also suggest that greater attention to features of the diet and digestive physiology of non-human primates could direct attention to important areas for future research on features of human diet and health (2).

Old 02-08-2018, 08:52 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
I'm sure you know this but let me say it anyway. Diabetic's are unable to process glucose correctly. This is why they either take medications and/or inject insulin to make up for that dysfunction. There are also diet controlled diabetics which would have to be even more strict on the consumption of carbs. Carbs ARE glucose at the molecular level. ALL carbs are.

Quote:
When switching to a fruit diet your blood sugar will go up at first as you glucose load from breaking down fat in the body. If you are eating vegetables with fruit you will also see a rise in glucose levels but ultimately you will see your glucose levels drop.
If your pancreas does not make any or enough insulin or you cannot use said insulin (IR) then what would make it drop on it's own? Without a mechanism in place, that drop would not take place. Blood sugar would stay high. As we all know, consistently high blood sugar causes major health complications over a period of time.

Quote:
All carbs are not made the same. Fruits and veggies are mono sugars. Never eat starch as these are complex carbs aka polysaccharides. Refined sugar (sucrose) is probably the worst as it is now an isolate. It is interesting to note that sugar cane juice is actually a healthy drink but once you break apart chemistry and isolate the pure sugar out of it then it becomes unhealthy. All of the needed buffers have been removed.
You have a point about the mono sugars. The sugars in fruit are not as concentrated as table sugar, hence the name "refined" sugar. They still make BG go up regardless. I know, I actually consume some fruit or berries on occasion and guess what, I test myself with a glucometer. Juices are not good for diabetics period, whether they are from sugar cane, oranges or other fruits. All or a lot of fiber has been removed, leaving behind mainly sugar.

Quote:
You can stop eating sugar for awhile but eventually you will run out of stored fat to convert to glucose. Excess protein can be converted to glucose but high protein consumption is damaging to the kidneys.
This is why ketogenic diets are ideal for diabetics (and others) because you DON'T use much glucose as fuel. You use fat and you are misinformed, fat does not turn into glucose, it turns into ketones in the absence of carbs. It's the ketones which are used as fuel. Hence the name "ketogenic". Protein is turned into glucose, not fat which is why keto diets call for only moderate protein. Keto diets call for a high percentage of fat intake (75%+ of calories) This is what gives you fuel and makes you feel satiated. This is not like carbs which just makes you want more and more and keeps your BG and insulin high. The high levels of insulin lead to MANY health problems, T2 diabetes and obesity being some of them. Look around and let me know if you see a lot of healthy, "fit" people. You don't, it's the opposite and it's the SAD that causes these consistently high levels of insulin. It's also the "5 meals a day" or "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" myth that keeps insulin high. This is akin to the big pharma scams. I know some will not agree with me but I think the "authorities" tell us to eat a lot of meals a day, etc to sell more product. It's my belief that the opposite is true. It's healthier to EAT LESS and fast at least intermittently. In other words, skip some meals.

Quote:
Eat the whole fruit and stay away from isolates. Don't think that if fruit sugar, fructose, is the best kind of sugar as it requires no insulin to move out of the blood into cells that you can just go and buy some fructose and make cookies. You need the buffers found in the whole fruit.
Who told you that no insulin is required to move fructose out of the blood? That's a new one. I am not a doctor but since I am a diabetic myself, I do make it a point to study these kinds of things. I know with hard facts that it does not. I have to poke my finger and test myself. Do you have anything to back this claim up?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:57 AM

712 posts, read 554,392 times
Look up Dr.Ken Berry on youtube. He is an MD and believes wholeheartedly that people with diabetes should follow the ketogenic diet. He says that it is awful what doctor's tell their patients. Eat food that do not raise your blood sugar. This also goes for pretty much everyone but especially those with pre-diabetes as well as full on diabetics. I think doctor's either are lazy or just getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical industry.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 AM

Who told you that no insulin is required to move fructose out of the blood? That's a new one. I am not a doctor but since I am a diabetic myself, I do make it a point to study these kinds of things. I know with hard facts that it does not. I have to poke my finger and test myself. Do you have anything to back this claim up?[/quote]

Does fructose cause diabetes?
Diabetes is a disorder affecting the way the body produces and uses insulin and how it handles blood glucose. Insulin is essential for aiding glucose transport into cells. People with type I diabetes do not produce insulin, whereas those with type II diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or cannot efficiently use the insulin their bodies make. Factors such as overweight and obesity, lack of physical activity, and genetic predisposition all increase the risk for type II diabetes.
People with diabetes must pay attention to the amount of all carbohydrates—sugars and starches—they consume.
Because fructose does not increase blood glucose and does not require insulin, individuals with diabetes can often tolerate it better than other sugars. In fact, studies show that small amounts of oral fructose may actually improve glycemic control in people with diabetes

Questions and Answers About Fructose - IFIC Foundation - Your Nutrition and Food Safety Resource
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes