Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:06 AM

90 posts, read 69,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Utterly ridiculous and wrong to boot. Primates eat meat every time they can lay their hands on it - they even hunt smaller primates for food.

We are omnivores. Get over it.

I am diabetic. A few weeks ago the grocery had all-the-bananas-you-can-stuff-in-a-bag for 99c. I am not exactly brimming with cash and I like bananas, and I eat one a morning off and on with my protein shake. So I got a bag full - and they were already RIPE, YAY! Then I proceeded to eat a ton of bananas for the next few days. Pretty soon I had sulfur burps and my blood sugar went wild.

So yes, telling a diabetic to eat tons of fruit is TERRIBLE advice, unless you want to "cleanse" the gene pool by killing us diabetics off.

Yeah, we can have A piece of fruit on occasion, or at least some of us can. But NONE of us can eat a mostly fruit diet, or even more than one or two pieces a day at most. Some can't have it at all. Hand waving about "complex" vs "simple" sugars is meaningless. Carbs are carbs are carbs when it comes to diabetes.

And no, the OP was dead wrong about the leading cause of type 2 diabetes being animal fat. That's just crazy. The leading suspected culprit in developing type 2 diabetes is soda pop. Followed by processed sugar and a high-carb diet coupled with lack of exercise and a predisposition to developing it. And when I say "high-carb", I mean REALLY high carb. But they don't really know what causes type 2 diabetes - some people develop it even in the absence of the things they tell you to avoid (such as myself).

Moderator cut: rude comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 12:45 AM

How much fruit is too much fruit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU_RkeA88DY

Old 02-14-2018, 07:14 AM

7,238 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Technically, we're omnivores, but practically, we're built for a mostly carnivorous lifestyle: we have very low, inefficient amylase function (herbivores need good amylase function to digest starch), our small intestines are short like a pure carnivore (herbivores need long intestinal surfaces for absorption of low nutrient density plant sources) and dentition not suited for grinding rough foods with high cellulose content.

Herbivores spend most of the day eating-- little time for anything else because plants have low nutrient density-- you gotta eat a lot. Carnivores only spend a few hours a day seeking food. By becoming carnivorous, our ancestors had more "free time" which allowed for the development of social interaction, arts & crafts, etc.....not to mention hunting puts on selection pressure to develop intelligence-- it doesn't take much brain power to sneak up on grass or fruit.

We can fend off starvation by turning to plants, but need meat to thrive.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:30 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,255,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post
This is not vegan propaganda. Saturated fat is the problem. It kills pancreatic beta cells and causes insulin resistance. I don't care if you eat meat or not. As poorer countries become richer they consume more and more meat and the incidence of diabetes goes up. Groups of people like the Okinawan's and the Hunzas are some of the most long lived peoples on earth. Fresh fruit and vegetables with very little meat is what they have in common. The Hunzas generally eat meat only once a week.

Medical doctors are taught that in diabetes, the immune system attacks the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas and destroys them. More recent studies have shown that SAF kills the beta cells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nujy...BcSpyj&index=5
WRONG! Poorer countries have been inundated by soda and packaged junk food from American and multi-national companies. That is why they are becoming obese and diabetic. They are not becoming obese and diabetic because they are eating too much steak.

Fast-food? The calories from the burger represent a very small percentage of the total meal. It's the bun, fries, ketchup, sauce and soda that packs on the pounds.

Question was about pre-diabetes. Once again, just giving up grains, starches and sugars for a couple of weeks could do the trick. Eat all the eggs you want.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 PM

Eggs are loaded with cholesterol and saturated fat which kills pancreatic beta cells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGf2FuzKo4

Old 02-16-2018, 04:05 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Just stop eating. It's the only way to stave off diabetes.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:16 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
As someone who is pre-diabetic (not officially as my doctor wouldn't diagnose me with it even though my BS was 97) I've read some on what to eat as someone with high blood sugar. Problem is, a lot of what I've read is pretty generic such as cut carbs, avoid most fruit, etc. In other words, it tells you what not to do without giving a guideline on what foods/examples of foods to eat instead.
Ketogenic way of eating. Do your research. It works.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 PM

Dr Michael Greger, MD discusses diabetes and the dangers of low carb diets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4PFR5GZTY

Old 02-17-2018, 03:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just stop eating. It's the only way to stave off diabetes.
Unfortunately you are right.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Technically, we're omnivores, but practically, we're built for a mostly carnivorous lifestyle: we have very low, inefficient amylase function (herbivores need good amylase function to digest starch), our small intestines are short like a pure carnivore (herbivores need long intestinal surfaces for absorption of low nutrient density plant sources) and dentition not suited for grinding rough foods with high cellulose content.

Herbivores spend most of the day eating-- little time for anything else because plants have low nutrient density-- you gotta eat a lot. Carnivores only spend a few hours a day seeking food. By becoming carnivorous, our ancestors had more "free time" which allowed for the development of social interaction, arts & crafts, etc.....not to mention hunting puts on selection pressure to develop intelligence-- it doesn't take much brain power to sneak up on grass or fruit.

We can fend off starvation by turning to plants, but need meat to thrive.

We come from the tropics and spend a great deal of effort to create tropical microclimates in our homes, cars etc.

Each species has its own food source. We were never herbivores as they usually have multiple stomachs and teeth that grind and mash.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

If a deer is burned in a forest fire a carnivorous animal will NOT eat its flesh. Even circus lions have to be feed raw meat so that they will not starve to death. If humans were truly meant to eat meat then we would eat all of our meat raw and bloody.

Mothers milk contains less than 1% protein. We are not a protein species. We can't even use complete protein (meats) as it has to be first broken down into individual amino acids before it can be utilized.

Protein damages our kidneys as they struggle to eliminate the waste products of protein metabolism. Most people die from kidney failure as in the kidneys don't filter properly and the sewer system of your body (the lymphatic system) cannot eliminate the acidic waste which causes the acids to damage cells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVR0baMAlE
The Raw Truth About Fruit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes