Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 12:00 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,915,810 times

Advertisements

I usually just tell the wife I have crabs,,,she punches me in the face...instant blood

if I lancet the finger, it HAS to be the tip on the highest setting...using freestyle as well
I have guitar callouses so it can be tricky....sometimes I nail the same spot twice and that's plenty of blood

the palm is thinner skin, but hurts more

no way I'm poking the forarm that's gotts hurt

I test every couple days...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 01:53 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,826,592 times
I don't think that teeny-tiny needle hurts one bit.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
This is the type of needle i put in my lancet https://goo.gl/images/WL1fdR
how the heck does it break?

Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,186,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I usually just tell the wife I have crabs,,,she punches me in the face...instant blood

if I lancet the finger, it HAS to be the tip on the highest setting...using freestyle as well
I have guitar callouses so it can be tricky....sometimes I nail the same spot twice and that's plenty of blood

the palm is thinner skin, but hurts more

no way I'm poking the forarm that's gotts hurt

I test every couple days...
Actually the forearm doesn’t hurt at all. On me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This is the type of needle i put in my lancet https://goo.gl/images/WL1fdR
how the heck does it break?
Not the needle, the spring loaded lancing device. It stopped springing. Push button stayed pushed.

I bought the accuclix device, it’s working well.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:01 AM

10,005 posts, read 11,114,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Actually the forearm doesn’t hurt at all. On me.

Not the needle, the spring loaded lancing device. It stopped springing. Push button stayed pushed.

I bought the accuclix device, it’s working well.
Side of the pinky...best spot.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:06 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,826,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post

That's where my friend showed me to do it, so it's the spot I use.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:22 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,679,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
That's where my friend showed me to do it, so it's the spot I use.
But you only have 2 pinkies so are you saying that you only use that spot/area every time instead of alternating with other finger tips? I would think that that same area would eventually get very sore or end up being too calloused to use.

And, everyone is different because that area is one of the most sensitive for me.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:32 AM

10,005 posts, read 11,114,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
But you only have 2 pinkies so are you saying that you only use that spot/area every time instead of alternating with other finger tips? I would think that that same area would eventually get very sore or end up being too calloused to use.

And, everyone is different because that area is one of the most sensitive for me.
Well..like everything in life it doesn't work for everyone , but as a RULE..pinky has the least sensitivity. Also I said SIDE not fingertip. The tip is fine too, but the side above the first knuckle is where I find it least sensitive. As for other fingers, yep..sometimes you have to move around a little. HOWEVER, my statement holds...all I said it was the best spot. And it is for most.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:45 PM

658 posts, read 2,003,143 times
I don't use anything but the Lancet. The holder device was a pain to deal with so I just started off not using it. I prick my little finger tip a bit and usually have no pain at all. Maybe I would feel differently if I had to test more than once a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes