Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 05:14 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
To whomever is sending little notes via the reputation system, please refrain from sending them to me. I trust my doctors and don't need to try supplements that "work" for someone WHO DOES NOT HAVE DIABETES!!!

You can report those little notes as TOS violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 10:26 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
She put me on Tradjenta.
Not familiar with one..thats cool..As long you have something.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:52 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
And if you can wrap your mind around it, seriously consider strict low-carb......seeing a
diabetic-nutritionist who specializes in this area would be very helpful if you attempt it.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:58 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
I was on a med called Jentadueto which is a combination of Metformin/Linagliptin. It worked well but my lousy insurance quit covering it. The doctors don't care or know about the cost but it did work well. How do I know? I tested myself to see how well. Linagliptin is a relatively new drug which works more when you need it (after meals). It's in a class called DPP-4 inhibitors. A bit technical for most but here is more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipept...se-4_inhibitor

Quote:
Glucagon increases blood glucose levels, and DPP-4 inhibitors reduce glucagon and blood glucose levels. The mechanism of DPP-4 inhibitors is to increase incretin levels (GLP-1 and GIP),[2][3][4] which inhibit glucagon release, which in turn increases insulin secretion, decreases gastric emptying, and decreases blood glucose levels.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:07 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Got my test kit yesterday and a friend came over to show me how to use it. Those teeny-tiny needles don't hurt at all!

Old 06-09-2018, 04:26 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Got my test kit yesterday and a friend came over to show me how to use it. Those teeny-tiny needles don't hurt at all!
Ha! Well, they don't hurt and are not suppose to hurt, for the most part anyway. However, you just might change that thought when and if you hit just the right (or, I should say "wrong") overly sensitive place sometime. Trust me, I know!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:39 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:

Great!

You can usually set your lancet to minimal-depth to draw blood, you will feel it even less.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:08 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Great!

You can usually set your lancet to minimal-depth to draw blood, you will feel it even less.

Yep I saw that.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 618,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I was on a med called Jentadueto which is a combination of Metformin/Linagliptin. It worked well but my lousy insurance quit covering it. The doctors don't care or know about the cost but it did work well. How do I know? I tested myself to see how well. Linagliptin is a relatively new drug which works more when you need it (after meals). It's in a class called DPP-4 inhibitors. A bit technical for most but here is more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipept...se-4_inhibitor

Look at Janumet. It is Januvia (sitagliptan) and metformin. Januvia is in the same class as Tradjenta. It was the first of its class. Tradjenta has been approved since 2011 and Januvia was approved in 2006. The other approved DPP-4 inhibitor in the US is Onglyza. The combination tablet of Onglyza and metformin is called Kombiglyze.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
Look at Janumet. It is Januvia (sitagliptan) and metformin. Januvia is in the same class as Tradjenta. It was the first of its class. Tradjenta has been approved since 2011 and Januvia was approved in 2006. The other approved DPP-4 inhibitor in the US is Onglyza. The combination tablet of Onglyza and metformin is called Kombiglyze.
Yes, I was on Januvia for a short time, and started to get side effects. I started getting pain on the side of my head in the temple area. I thought it was strange. I went back on Metformin and Glimepiride. I actually asked the Doctor if I could try the Januvia. At the time I was getting side effects from Metformin but I got over that so back to the old standby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes