Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:32 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joabbott123 View Post
Azbluesgirl - Yes I am very interested in this diet. My sister is also a nurse and was administered by a doctor for the diet with very good results. Any kind of help or information you could give me would be very appreciated. Is there a reputable pharmacy online to purchase the injections, or do you really need to get in touch with a doctor?
I'll tell you the same there here that I told you in the "Where can I find a doctor who adminsters the HCG in Delaware" thread you started in the Delaware forum - HCG IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT FALL FOR THE SCAM!!!! Scam artists always look for the desperate, ignorant, gullible, types to sell their snake oil. Dont be one of these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM

31 posts, read 74,419 times
I've done 2 rounds of HCG. I used the sublingual drops. Round one was 40 days, I took a few months off and round 2 was 26 days. I lost a total of about 55 pounds over the past year. I will say, that like others are saying, I'm not sure if it was the drops or the significant calorie reduction that made it work. This diet was very hard to keep up with, though after the first couple days, you kind of get used to it.

My last round ended in June, and I have since just switched to old fashioned calorie counting. I am still losing weight and I am actually eating. I've been using myfitnesspal to track everything, and simply track what I eat every day. I'm now losing about 1-1.5 pounds a week, which isn't too bad. There are some days that I am full, but haven't even hit my daily calorie goal! One reason I decided to slow my weight loss down is that I didn't want to have all the sagging skin!

Good luck on your diet and just remember that it isn't really worth losing the weight fast if you spend every day starving, or end up with saggy skin when you can just simply eat what you want, just watch portions and keep track of everything!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,648 times
Exclamation HCG Side Affects

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOrange View Post
I am also a nurse and this has worked for me. Glenn, those side effects are not from the hCG diet. You need to see a doctor. That's definitely something else.

To be a nurse, you should know better than to tell someone that's not what caused their symptoms... YOU don't know that, and you SHOULD know that every single person reacts differently. Just because YOU didn't have those side affects doesn't mean that someone else doesn't. Those side affects ARE from the HCG Diet. Many people have had them, and it has been proven to be from the HCG drops. I myself have had Anal Bleeding directly from taking the HCG Drops.

I used the drops successfully over a year ago, and lost 20 pounds. I had put a little weight back on, so I decided to try it again. However, I decided not to cut my calories so drastically this time, and just eat sensibly. After about a week, I woke up in the morning and when I went to the bathroom, about a half teaspoon (estimating) of blood poured out - WITHOUT a bowel movement. It alarmed me but I didn't have it anymore during the day, so I thought it was a fluke. Next morning, same thing, like it pooled over night while I slept. However, I also had some bleeding during that day, so I stopped taking the drops... the bleeding went away.... Two weeks later (after no more blood) I thought maybe it wasn't related to the drops, so I started them again. Next two mornings, without fail, wokeup bleeding again.... Stopped the drops..... Bleeding stopped. Just to be sure, I went to the doctor, had lots of tests.... Nothing wrong. A month later, As I had already paid so much for 2 bottles of the drops, I thought I'd give it one more try. Within just a couple of days, I woke up to blood again.

As I had none of this bleeding the first time, and I was on the drops for the full course the first time around, I believe that it probably has to do with the brand that I purchased. I would recommend that you don't buy it over the internet, as you can't trust the ingredients. I am going to go back to GNC and buy the same kind I bought the first time around, and see if that causes bleeding too. I'll let you know how that works out.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,648 times
Exclamation NOT a Scam if you use QUALITY HCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I'll tell you the same there here that I told you in the "Where can I find a doctor who adminsters the HCG in Delaware" thread you started in the Delaware forum - HCG IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT FALL FOR THE SCAM!!!! Scam artists always look for the desperate, ignorant, gullible, types to sell their snake oil. Dont be one of these people.

Just because you weren't successful on the diet doesn't mean that it's a scam... And if you didn't try it, what makes you an expert? YOU are ignorant in that you don't accept the FACT that it works for other people. It worked for me, and hundreds of other women... It's NOT the low calories that make you lose the weight. Anyone that studies dieting knows that just eating the low calories will make your metabolism start STORING fat, and you CANNOT lose nearly as much weight, and definitely not as quickly!

If you use HIGH QUALITY Drops, OR have a Doctor administer it, your metabolism WILL NOT STORE THE FAT. I have actually lost weight on the drops, WITHOUT cutting my calories AND WITHOUT Exercise!! If it didn't work for you, then you probably bought some fake drops over the internet.... duh. Don't ruin other people's chances to change their life like I did, just because you didn't do it. Anybody that says it doesn't work, hasn't really tried it with REAL HCG Drops, or they'd KNOW better.... YOU are the fool, for not giving yourself a chance, and trying to ruin other people's chances.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY IT OVER THE INTERNET.... MOST OF THOSE ARE FAKE OR LOW QUALITY AND DO CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS (been there).... GO TO A WELL KNOWN HEALTH FOOD STORE AND BUY THE EXPENSIVE DROPS, OR GET A DOCTOR TO ADMINISTER THE SHOTS.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
^^^Scam. Don't matter where you buy it, it's still a scam.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 PM

37,094 posts, read 41,220,763 times
HCG does not cause weight loss.

http://www.asbp.org/images/PDFs/Reso...Statement1.pdf

"It is the position of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians that:
1. The Simeons method for weight loss is not recommended.
2. The Simeons diet is not recommended.
3. The use of HCG for weight loss is not recommended."

HCG is ineffective when taken by mouth, so even if HCG caused weight loss, "drops" would not work.

HCG must be given by injection when it is used for medical indications for which it does work, such as treatment of some forms of infertility.

A very low calorie diet will cause weight loss but can be hazardous and a lot of the weight lost is not fat. A significant amount is muscle.

Forget the HCG. See a nutritionist to learn a safe weight loss diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss