Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
YBF YBF started this thread

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

I want to know your favorite guilt free snacks!! I know that too much of a good thing is really bad but what fruits/veggies/snacks can you eat alot of guilt free?

T.I.A.
YBF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 05:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Hey Guys,

I want to know your favorite guilt free snacks!! I know that too much of a good thing is really bad but what fruits/veggies/snacks can you eat alot of guilt free?

T.I.A.
YBF
I cannot stress how important it is to watch the fruit snacks. Fruits are NOT free foods that you can eat and think youre doing great because they often have a LOT of sugar which is NOT GOOD for someone looking to lose weight.

When I am on a cutting (i.e., bodyfat reduction) program, my snacks are:

Almond butter on whole wheat with a bit of honey or strawberry preserves.
Raw broccoli
Celery sticks
Cottage cheese with almond slivers and craisins
Cottage cheese with whole blueberries
One Special K Strawberry bar - only 90 calories
Plain popcorn (not the microwave stuff) with a bit of parmesean cheese and cayanne pepper
Half a grapefruit
Bananna
String cheese. Started eating these after buying them for my 2 year old.

Should also limit snacks to no more than 2 times per day.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Snacks you can eat alot of guilt free!!
I forgot to mention that when in the process of losing weight or improving your health, you NEVER WANT TO EAT A LOT OF SNACKS. Its recipe for total disaster and failure.

Snacks should be eaten at a minimum, especially if you are trying to lose weight and get healthy.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:37 PM
YBF YBF started this thread

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Good stuff thanks!! Lets keep em coming.

I was reading more on fruits and the sugar in them. I know things like apples and berries are better than grapes because of the sugar in them. I am trying to find little things that I like that I can eat in between meals. I have a weird work schedule and leave really early for work so bet them time I eat breakfast and my actual lunch time I would die if I didnt eat.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 PM

196 posts, read 564,056 times
No fruit snacks for me, but lots of celery sticks and cherry tomatoes. Absolutely guilt free.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, raw sugar snap peas, or a nice salad of diced cucumber and tomato...these are guilt-free for me.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:09 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
If you follow the Weight Watchers plan, most veggies are "free" (excluding potatoes, yams, squashes, corns, etc.). I munch on carrots, celery, cucumber, peppers, radishes, and lettuce when I get the munchies.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
For a guilt-free snack , I eat a handful of baby carrots with 2 tablespoons of hummus. Yummy and pretty filling. I also slice up cucumbers and tomatoes and sprinkle them with pepper. I've also sauteed zucchini in olive oil cooking spray for a light snack.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
One hard-boiled egg, or a container of plain Greek yogurt. They're both so satisfying (protein) that I don't need or want anything else.

Not so with fruit or vegetables.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
I just factor what I want into my total calorie intake and eat the proper portion of whatever it is. If you eat real food and not processed food its easier to not overeat.

Fruit is fine because it has natural sugar and is not the same as processed sugar. I would eat real fruit over those special K bars any day. Those are loaded with crap that can trigger a hunger response. Who knows what "natural flavor" is.(not you because they don't have to tell you what it is) The BHT can make kids hyperactive too. Do you notice that in your kids Lao? The preservatives in those has been shown to do DNA damage in lab animals. I only know that because I used to eat them and I started looking up ings after they always gave me a headache almost every time I ate them. Also you could have two small apples instead for the same amount of calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss