Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,540,727 times

Advertisements

Do any of you use it? I see many foods I like that are inflammatory. I'm not quite clear on how useful/beneficial this diet even is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 03:38 PM

87 posts, read 227,249 times
Cooling Inflammation

preventative/remission in degenerative diseases and other common conditions. example i suffered from cystic acne and dermatitis from years, being told by derms diet had nothing to do with. latest research says otherwise, and acne isn't a normal part of being a 'teenager'. yet derms have no problem prescribing a CHEMOTHERAPY CANCER DRUG for treatment.

pretty much a low glycemic/low carb approach, eat like a diabetic.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM

14,017 posts, read 20,837,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshiner View Post
Cooling Inflammation

preventative/remission in degenerative diseases and other common conditions. example i suffered from cystic acne and dermatitis from years, being told by derms diet had nothing to do with. latest research says otherwise, and acne isn't a normal part of being a 'teenager'. yet derms have no problem prescribing a CHEMOTHERAPY CANCER DRUG for treatment.

pretty much a low glycemic/low carb approach, eat like a diabetic.
In a general sense, eating like a diabetic is a very healthy way to eat for everybody. Who needs the heavy sugar load which is so prevalent in our society?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,035,585 times
Cool Yes ~ I do !

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Do any of you use it? I see many foods I like that are inflammatory. I'm not quite clear on how useful/beneficial this diet even is?
I've had great success with an anti-inflammatory diet When I tore my knee meniscus 12 years ago I refused to undergo the arthroscopy and didn't want to take those NSAIDs either so there was inflammation on my knees

I researched all over the internet and the result was very beneficial to me. It took a while, but the knee inflammation subsided ~~ no surgery, no drugs, no more pain It is now my lifestyle of eating !!!

I even wrote a blog about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss