Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

It doesn't have any calories. I don't get full off of salads or those weight watchers meals(1 of those doesn't make me full) but if I drink a diet soda I'm full.
The same with coffee. How is it bad for you if you add 1 pack of equal to an 8 ounce,which has no calories? I'm a night shift worker and must have coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Try Googling it. You'll find lots of articles to tell you why its bad.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Or my personal experience: it lowered my seizure threshold and caused me to have seizures for 10 years. I never had another one after I quit drinking the poison in a cup.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Try reading up on health problems caused by Aspartame and Sucralose.

Aspartame for one is famous for causing headaches and migraines. There is a whole host of things both artificial sweetners are implicated for. One I read about Sucralose that freaked me out the most is that its thought it can shrink or kill the hypothalamus!

Several people at work told me stop diet sodas and your headaches will go away. Sure enough they were correct!!

I remember when Diet Coke came out in high school my best friend told me that it made people fat by making them crave sweets. I just gave her a blank stare at the time because Aspartame was being hailed as a gift from heaven back then. Now in 2010 there are studies that show Aspartame makes people crave sweets and leads to overeating. Can you believe a high school kid saw this for herself in the 1980's and scientists have just now discovered this! Its true-- I noticed at work if I got a diet coke out of the machine I started wanting something else sweet like donuts to go with it.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
It's full of chemicals. Just because something is calorie-free doesn't mean it's healthy.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 AM

889 posts, read 2,711,839 times
Maybe you could brew some tea to take to work with you? That would be a "healthy" way to get caffeine. I don't need mine sweetened, but if you do you could research Stevia to see if that's a healthy sweetner alternative. Google "excitotoxins" if you want to learn more about that diet soda. Best wishes!

Old 11-09-2010, 02:43 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Yes I see all the studies but nothing is conclusive. Just like the "drink 8 glasses of water a day". Which turned out not to be true,its just something that gets repeated without looking at studies that show you don't need that much water

When I worked in the hospital we counted juice,water,soda,and coffee as fluid intake but some diets don't count that as fuild intake and on top of drinking tea you would still have to drink 8 glasses of water. I don't understand how some diets don't count those along with water,not just water intake alone.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:30 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,492 times
It's full of unnatural crap. Drink water and eat real food.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Coffee stains the teeth. Cola syrup wears the enamel off teeth.

Honestly though, you're better off having a teaspoon of real actual sugar than an equal. Sugar's only what - 18 calories? A cup of coffee in the morning with a little sugar won't kill ya, and a glass of soda with actual sugar or even corn syrup won't kill ya every now and then.

I wouldn't make a habit of the soda though, with sugar or with artificial sweetener. But that's because of the OTHER stuff they put into it - the syrups themselves. And the caffeine, bad thing to be drinking too late in the day, it'll mess up your sleep cycle.

If you really just need sweetened bubbly stuff, go for the gingerale, but not the diet crap. Diet anything is just nasty.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times
Diet soda causes brain damage, seizures, depression, panic attacks, uncontrollable anger and rage. Look it up. You might as well drink gasoline or do heroin. Drink it and you will instantly die. This thread is played out already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss