U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 AM

4 posts, read 12,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelylinda View Post
could someone e-mail me a copy also. I really need it.
MENU PLAN FOR WOMEN

BREAKFAST
- 1 egg or 1 ounce hard cheese or 2 ounces fish or 1/4 cup cottage or pot cheese
- 1 slice enriched bread

LUNCHEON
4 ounces fish (canned or fresh) or lean meat or poultry or 2/3 cup (6 ounces) cottage or pot cheese or 4 ounces farmer cheese or 2 ounces hard cheese or 2 eggs
- All you want of unlimited vegetables
- 1 slice enriched bread

DINNER
- 6 ounces cooked lean meat or fish or poultry
- 1 portion limited vegetables
- All you want of unlimited vegetables

MUST BE TAKEN AT SOME TIME DURING DAY:
- A total of 3 fruits (one of theme orange or grapefruit)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) skim milk or buttermilk or 1 cip (8 ounces) skimmed evaporated milk

MAY BE TAKEN AT ANY TIME OF DAY:
Any unlimited foods-beverages, vegetables etc.

This is the diet plan straight from page 18 of WW cookbook by Jean Nidetch. Other details about this plan you can read at this site: The Way It Was... (1972 Weight Watchers Program)
but i suggest you to buy this wonderful cookbook full of recipes and tips!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,316 times
Default Old Weight Watchers Plan

Hello fellow WW friends, I am looking for the Weight Watchers plan that has the journal where you write what you eat, and then check off the little category boxes at the bottom. Example: 1/2 banana, check off one fruit. I don't remember portion sizes or exchange lists or how many boxes of each category. But this plan was the one that worked for me the best!! I maintained for a long time too. I want to go back to WW, but I don't want to learn the Points program to shift my mind over from what I know already works for me.
Anyone out there have access to it? Know where I can get it?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraggs View Post
I remember WW in 1971 when daily requirements were:-
breakfast - 1 slice of white or brown bread weighing one ounce, 1 egg, or 1 oz of hard cheese, or 2 oz cottage cheese.
Luinch - 1 slice of white or brown bread weighing one oz, 2 oz hard cheese, or 4 oz cottage cheese, or 4 oz fish, meat, or poultry. unlimited salad vegetables.
Dinner - 6 oz meat ,fish or poultry unlimited green vegetables.
throughout the day - 1 pint skimmed milk, 3 fruits, carrots & tomatoes were limited to 4oz throughout the day.
Weekly - red meat no more than 3 times. Liver once. Fish at least 5 times.
That was it, apart from herbs and spices and stock cubes everything else was FORBIDDEN. Hope this
helps.
I also worked for WW back in 71 thru 79 and lost 104 pounds! Well, I need to shed some again and this program works the best for me....because of the discipline. I just can't eat 3 chips or one piece of chocolate. Moderate isn't a word in my vocabulary!
I would love to find an original copy- wonder if the library has any??? I can't remember all the details either and I taught it 5 days a week!
Good luck to all who want to shed those pounds.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,149,634 times
The new WW is much better than the old. Get with the times and stop living in the past. If it was so great back then why do you need it again now?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 AM

3,713 posts, read 7,908,938 times
I think their thought is if you go cold turkey, so to speak, you may eventually feel deprived and pack on the pounds - for ex., if someone on ww *never* went out to eat, once they reach their goal they may go hog wild and put back on what they lost (she gave an ex of someone who did just that) - so in the long run, it's prob. better to cut back in moderation - that said, I have the same problem, counting 24 or 27 chips for x amount of points can be kind of a challenge not to mention it's hard to stop when you start (at least for me), it's a trigger. In passing, throwing out the point slide calculator (I cant rem. the official name) was strongly mentioned as it's changed a bit in the past few years - I wont and hope to find it one of these days, soon, in the house (found some ww stuff but unfortunately not that). Let's face it, we know what we should eat and should not eat, the trick is doing it

PS Am thinking maybe a large used bookstore might have some of the old weight loss plans - I found old ww cookbooks I bought in a weak moment in my house but not the old weight loss plans, I may try one in my town although the store size is extremely small but anything is possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingerRinger View Post
I also worked for WW back in 71 thru 79 and lost 104 pounds! Well, I need to shed some again and this program works the best for me....because of the discipline. I just can't eat 3 chips or one piece of chocolate. Moderate isn't a word in my vocabulary!
I would love to find an original copy- wonder if the library has any??? I can't remember all the details either and I taught it 5 days a week!
Good luck to all who want to shed those pounds.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM

11,198 posts, read 7,818,235 times
I have to agree with Lucky on this. Why not give the New WW's a try???? What worked once years ago may not work so well again JMO.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,300 times
Default original ww program

I contacted Weight Watchers and they told me they did not keep that type of records. Now really what major company does not keep their past programs in the archives somewhere. I really do need the original, I know it works and I am now diabetic and need to loose weight.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:51 AM

11,294 posts, read 16,049,507 times
The new one works too. If you're diabetic, then you need to go on whichever diet your doctor tells you to go on, not something you find on the internet.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,149,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabeal View Post
I contacted Weight Watchers and they told me they did not keep that type of records. Now really what major company does not keep their past programs in the archives somewhere. I really do need the original, I know it works and I am now diabetic and need to loose weight.
The new one is much better. Try it.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,818,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabeal View Post
The new plan is great and very good for diabetics. I suggest you try it first before you poo poo it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss