Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 AM

4 posts, read 26,409 times

Advertisements

tinabeal if you want some of the older WW diet plan you can buy it from a site like amazon or ebay. But if you are a diabetic you need to follow your doctor's instructions first and then do a diet plan for your condition. PointPlus is the newest ww point diet plan and works perfectly if you follow it as it is. Plus is very flexible and fits to your lifestyle. Give it a try if you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
The new WW is much better than the old. Get with the times and stop living in the past. If it was so great back then why do you need it again now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have to agree with Lucky on this. Why not give the New WW's a try???? What worked once years ago may not work so well again JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The new one works too. If you're diabetic, then you need to go on whichever diet your doctor tells you to go on, not something you find on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
The new one is much better. Try it.
Actually, I was on the original in '69-'70, and lost 35lbs in six weeks. I was in the Points plan in 2008, and lost 20lbs in three months. I was on the revised points plan last year for six months -- following it religiously, and lost NOTHING.

The original plan worked better for me. The old points plan was better than the current points plan. I, too, had been looking for the original, so thanks to the poster that pasted it here.

BTW: the controlled veggies are any with starch (potatoes, winter squashes, peas, corn, etc). A serving size of cooked veggies is 1/2 cup; raw is 1 cup.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Actually, I was on the original in '69-'70, and lost 35lbs in six weeks. I was in the Points plan in 2008, and lost 20lbs in three months. I was on the revised points plan last year for six months -- following it religiously, and lost NOTHING.

The original plan worked better for me. The old points plan was better than the current points plan. I, too, had been looking for the original, so thanks to the poster that pasted it here.

BTW: the controlled veggies are any with starch (potatoes, winter squashes, peas, corn, etc). A serving size of cooked veggies is 1/2 cup; raw is 1 cup.
Yes, the old program might have worked for you 40 years ago, because your metabolism was TOTALLY DIFFERENT 40 years ago and your dietary needs were TOTALLY different 40 years ago.

Now, I'm guessing you're at least 60 years old, and no longer "barely out of puberty." Your fitness level is different, your muscles are different, your hormones are different, your bone density is different, your metabolism is different. ANY diet you go on now, is going to affect you differently, than it would have, if you had done it 40 years ago before you had even hit your peak fitness capacity.

Furthermore, the diet changed because it was determined by Weight Watchers (you know, the people who invented it), that their recommendations were not as healthy as they could be. So they improved it, to make it healthier. Also, 40 years ago, the vast majority of middle-class women were still in the home, cooking all the meals for their families. The diet was marketed to women who did most of the cooking.

Either way, you'll lose weight. But the new way is healthier, and is set up as much more efficient for most demographics, and not as narrow a market potential as home-maker women.

Oh and the old way *did* include exercise as a daily requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss